Does anyone here NOT build sets?

iahawks550

I don't.  If I opened up an investment piece, I would just be throwing money out the door.  I'm just over a year away from doing this full time and I don't want to jeopardize potential income for my family.  I do play with legos daily with my boys (if that counts).

I'm a big time builder.  I resell Lego to support the habit hobby.  Although I do buy some sets strictly to resell that I have no intention of building since I'm not interested in the theme.

Ditto... though I use the excuse/justification of having a 5 year old for having the hobby

Guest TabbyBoy

I've only built a HH and a Unimog so far, both of which have now been sold.  I have nerve damage in my left hand due to lots of mountain biking and Lego building (esp. Technic) helps me regain feeling when it's bad.

Ditto... though I use the excuse/justification of having a 5 year old for having the hobby

Same here.  I have a 6 year old who is a full blown Lego maniac, although he's mostly interested in the minifigs and I'm mostly interested in MOCing.  I think I'm rubbing off on him though since he's started building his own MOCs lately.

I don't care if I'm an adult playing with a kid's toy, if you can even call it that.  I think it's something that's meant to be enjoyed no matter how old you are.  Look at the modular buildings, those are created for the adult crowd!