9492 - TIE Fighter

Jeff Mack

If rumors are true I guess that an UCS will harm the non-UCS big time.

You might still be able to get some money out of them especially if you've bought them at a discount but why should anybody pay anything close to the UCS price if they can have the UCS version for just a little bit more money.

So IF an UCS is coming then... profits won't be big.

On the bright side you still won't lose money I guess.

My two cents.

The tie fighter is quite a basic spaceship.

If a UCS comes, I think it will look a lot like the 9492 (which may be the reason why it retired that soon).

Remember the UCS obiwan star fighter: a "cheap" (not expensive) UCS is possible.

What would you chose ? A UCS for 90

Edited by biniou

If rumors are true I guess that an UCS will harm the non-UCS big time.

You might still be able to get some money out of them especially if you've bought them at a discount but why should anybody pay anything close to the UCS price if they can have the UCS version for just a little bit more money.

So IF an UCS is coming then... profits won't be big.

On the bright side you still won't lose money I guess.

I agree. Look at the 10240 UCS X-Wing and the 9493 X-Wing. When the 9493 set retires, it won't get anywhere near the retail price of the 10240. Think of it this way, when a buyer has to choose between two sets, they will think, for only x amount of dollars more, I can get the UCS version. I don't think that the value of the 9493 will go beyond $125. 

My guess is that the UCS TIE will retail around $200. If it retails for $200, I don't think that the regular TIE fighter will go beyond $150. The prices would be too close and then the buyers would want the UCS.

• 1 month later...

How do you feel about this one now the new movie trailer is out? Mine cost 52 euros so if I sell this xmas I probably will only cover costs. Would it be better to wait and see that MF and Xwing also retire and sell them all as a bundle or even wait off till the new movie comes out? Is there any more info about the mooted UCS versi

How do you feel about this one now the new movie trailer is out? Mine cost 52 euros so if I sell this xmas I probably will only cover costs. Would it be better to wait and see that MF and Xwing also retire and sell them all as a bundle or even wait off till the new movie comes out? Is there any more info about the mooted UCS versi

• 1 month later...

I thought several members talked about selling them for 140-150 at Christmas time.  I may be wrong.

Here's an auction from today

It shows as $151.24 with ship fees

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS-9492-TIE-FIGHTER-RETIRED-SEALED-HARD-TO-FIND-SOLD-OUT-/321634447373?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item4ae2e8300d

This one on 12/23 from Japan with ship is about $150

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Tie-Fighter-TM-9492-/161355053343?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item259182b91f

In any event whether it sells for 150 125 or 100 we are supposed to throw it all away

Well when you are like me and recently sold my multi-million dollar company $150 simply isn't worth the time and I would choose to throw them away yes.  Time and money is better spent getting pot-smoking teenagers in the TRU parking lot to buy bricktober sets.

Oh wait, something about Niko.

What happened to this millionaire guy?  Haven't heard from him in awhile.

• Like 1

Well when you are like me and recently sold my multi-million dollar company $150 simply isn't worth the time and I would choose to throw them away yes.  Time and money is better spent getting pot-smoking teenagers in the TRU parking lot to buy bricktober sets.

What happened to this millionaire guy?  Haven't heard from him in awhile.

Teenagers ? I thought you have your mom to do your dirty work ??  :pleasantry:

• Like 1

Well when you are like me and recently sold my multi-million dollar company $150 simply isn't worth the time and I would choose to throw them away yes. Time and money is better spent getting pot-smoking teenagers in the TRU parking lot to buy bricktober sets.

What happened to this millionaire guy? Haven't heard from him in awhile.

I thought I saw him post recently, just can't remember where....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised this thread doesn't receive more love. This set skyrocketed. I have one copy that I was going to build but will probably end up selling. What are the lessons learned here? I still new to the game (and not paying close enough attention) when this disappeared.

maybe because many people read the tea leaves wrong .