Buyer said her son playing with LEGO and got rashes?

cissi

Yeah I know what you mean. Someone just said they received my figure and it was broken. It was OBVIOUSLY broken before I ever put it in the package (because I would do that - it is totally my giant scam to get 1600 feedbacks and then send people broken stuff). She said she already bought the replacement piece (just a knob - it was a Jabba) but she will be leaving me negative feedback.

I just responded "I apologize for the damage. The item was brand new and perfectly fine when I packaged it. Unfortunately USPS do not have the most gentle hands and sometimes certain things are damaged in transit. I would be happy to refund you the amount you paid for the piece with extra as a convenience fee if you send me a picture of the damage. Hopefully you can see by my feedback I generally do not send items that are damaged to customers".

you know you can report this buyer after this whole matter is set 'misusing ebay buyer protection program' :P

I sold the 6166 Big Brick Box set not long ago and just got a message from a buyer who told me that her son playing with those LEGO bricks and got rashes. She included pictures in her message. The brick box I sent to her is brand new and therefore sealed. Has anyone heard about allergy to the LEGO bricks?

Can you provide her Ebay ID. I want to block her.

I wonder if stories like this make those who say "a buyer only needs to pay and they deserve immediate positive feedback" change their thoughts on that...

Its a valid point. I have a auto feedback service do mine because I am trying to lessen the burden on myself. It does it right after they pay. But since you can't leave negative, what does waiting get you (besides not giving them feedback - which doesn't matter the way Ebay is set up)? Can you not report the buyer after you already left feedback?

Some people care about feedback, some don't, but I certainly wouldn't leave this person a positive. Even if it wasn't against ebay policies, leaving a negative positive is pointless because you're just giving the person another feedback point. Once your comment falls off the first page nobody is going to be skimming their comments to verify.

Kid's have overactive immune system and can get all kinds of gross stuff out of the blue.  I had my newborn daughter sleeping next to a frigging cat without any ill effects and breaking out in hives and having difficulty breathing whenever there was a fish in the house.  Mind you not near her but in the general vicinity.  Fish smell, hives wheezing, get her outside wheezing stops hives go away in an hour.  Point is that  yes it is possible that her son got rashes from Lego or something that was on that Lego so what? As long as he didn't go into anaphylactic shock he'll be fine.  This is a case of an overbearing overprotective mom, it's probably her first.  She'll either snap out of it or she'll totally screw up that kid. 

• Like 1

I wonder if stories like this make those who say "a buyer only needs to pay and they deserve immediate positive feedback" change their thoughts on that...

Nope.

Just like when I worked in an office and a customer left, I'd say, "Thanks!" I had no idea if that customer was going to go and tell every one of her friends and neighbors that we were lying scammers, I just thanked everyone for their business as a matter of course. Same thing on eBay.

Mod's shot that idea down. Two sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in between is the reason. From time to time people post most offensive ebay ids in this forum section so keep an eye out for new posts..

Understandable. Thanks for the info. If anyone starts a list like that on another site, please let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• 7 years later...