Buyer said her son playing with LEGO and got rashes?

cissi

I sold the 6166 Big Brick Box set not long ago and just got a message from a buyer who told me that her son playing with those LEGO bricks and got rashes. She included pictures in her message. The brick box I sent to her is brand new and therefore sealed. Has anyone heard about allergy to the LEGO bricks?

BS. Tell her you're happy to accept returns for any reason and don't engage with her crazy.

lol, I like that 'BS'  xD

I replied to her earlier telling here there's never been pets in the house and providing LEGO CS site if her son is allergic to LEGO bricks. don't know what she will say. So in cases like this, do you guys just take it as a loss (box being opened and bricks played)?

now she's questioning that's not real LEGO, should I accept her return now?

I plan on replying to her:

"Hi, if you have any doubts about its authenticity. There's no worry. It's 100% authentic LEGO, purchased from Kmart, stored in a smoke-free/pet-free house.

I don't usually accept returns. But as a goodwill gesture, you may return the item for a full refund but the return shipping cost will be on you."

Does this sound okay?

just found this on eBay seller protection:

Buyer abused a buyer protection program

Misused the program to claim an item was not as described

fit in this category?

I think I will wait to see what you guys think before replying to her then. I hope this can be resolved easily.

OK ... so I am new to the forums  ... and I have seen several similar posts about "crazy buyers."

Long story short ... for the past couple of days I have been wondering if there is a central place (web page / site) where anyone is keeping a "master list" of all the crazy buyers ... the scammers ... the dishonest ... etc ... so that we can all effortlessly use it to block these potential buyers from our own eBay store / listings?

Just wondering ... as my biggest fear going forward with selling the Legos I am buying today is that I will have to deal with these "crazies" tomorrow ... which I really would rather not have to do ... as it would take "all of the fun" out of this really cool little hobby / addiction!!

The photo in the the listing should do the trick if you took one. Don't let this person get a refund, your a seller not an agony aunt sorting out her kids problems. Even if you had sneezed on it a thousand times, germs don't live that long... I cant believe this story. You cant put rashes down to a lego box... Authentic lego, if it says lego on the bricks its lego, nobody fakes lego, other brands, knockoff figures yes, but they don't make lego bricks with lego stamps.

Tell her your sorry her son has got rashes, but it is not possible or viable to link it to the lego you sent her, if shes really bothered she should be taking her son to a doctor. Even if it turns out this is the first ever reporting of a kid being allergic to lego that's not you problem. No returns means no returns. If you offer returns under a 100% satisfaction guarantee let her return it, depends on your policy...

OK ... so I am new to the forums  ... and I have seen several similar posts about "crazy buyers."

Long story short ... for the past couple of days I have been wondering if there is a central place (web page / site) where anyone is keeping a "master list" of all the crazy buyers ... the scammers ... the dishonest ... etc ... so that we can all effortlessly use it to block these potential buyers from our own eBay store / listings?

Just wondering ... as my biggest fear going forward with selling the Legos I am buying today is that I will have to deal with these "crazies" tomorrow ... which I really would rather not have to do ... as it would take "all of the fun" out of this really cool little hobby / addiction!!

Ebay listing title 76000 Arctic Batman NO FIGURES

Ebay listing description 76000 Arctic Batman, figures have carefully been removed from the box, NO FIGURES

Buyer feed back left (-) Seller is a crook, Lego arrived with no figures and now my son is crying, avoid this seller!!!!

• Like 2

Tell her your sorry her son has got rashes, but it is not possible or viable to link it to the lego you sent her, if shes really bothered she should be taking her son to a doctor. Even if it turns out this is the first ever reporting of a kid being allergic to lego that's not you problem. No returns means no returns. If you offer returns under a 100% satisfaction guarantee let her return it, depends on your policy...

This method above will most def. earn you a negative feedback. Your choices are kiss ass accept return hope for no neg. or say the above buyer opens ebay case you will most likely lose and you will most likely get a neg. I usually just offer a return for refund when dealing with crazies/morons and cross my fingers they dont leave a neg.

This method above will most def. earn you a negative feedback. Your choices are kiss ass accept return hope for no neg. or say the above buyer opens ebay case you will most likely lose and you will most likely get a neg. I usually just offer a return for refund when dealing with crazies/morons and cross my fingers they dont leave a neg.

What on earth can she leave negative feedback for??? The listing said no returns and I wasn't allowed to return it.

Feed back reply. Sorry, no returns was offered on this item and it was stated in the listing.

What on earth can she leave negative feedback for??? The listing said no returns and I wasn't allowed to return it.

Feed back reply. Sorry, no returns was offered on this item and it was stated in the listing.

Because they are retarded? ... You be surprised how dumb people can be .. its not your fault but they still leave negatives. I also love when usps loses my packages and buyer blames seller like I own the usps company lol

Because they are retarded? ... You be surprised how dumb people can be .. its not your fault but they still leave negatives. I also love when usps loses my packages and buyer blames seller like I own the usps company lol

Item has arrived, item is as described. Your have forfilled your obligations as a seller.

One thing that bugs me about this forum, the attitude towards letting some buyer getting their on way because someone doesn't want a negative feedback.

I don't give a hoot about negative feedback, but I also don't waste my time and energy fighting with crazy people.

The very small loss I'd take on this would be well worth a) getting this return on record with eBay so if she has a history of crazy the eBay bots will pick up on it and eBay will deal with her and b ) getting her out of my life as quickly as possible so I can concentrate on what I do best: being a great seller and making money.

Bottom line, if she opens a case eBay is likely to force you to accept the return or refund her without the return, and if that happens after the case is escalated it harms your performance standing with eBay. THAT is something worth avoiding, negative feedback here or there is not even a close second.

What some here view as "bowing to the customer" I view as common sense cutting my losses. My viewpoint is that some here will die on any old hill that comes up instead of picking their battles and weighing the cost/benefit of getting into a fight in the first place.

• Like 3