Buyer said her son playing with LEGO and got rashes?

cissi

Just for the record, i've NEVER given a refund back when i knew the buyer was trying to scam me. I contacted ebay and fought it every step of the way. If you give an inch they will take a mile. I don't put up with those kinds of buyers. It's a headache going through all the stuff to get it straightened out but my peace of mind is still intact because i didn't get walked on by a buyer OR ebay. Personally, if this was my case, i wouldn't refund her anything. And she has no way to change her story now to "not as described". Her original complaint was the rash, not receiving not as described. As long as you kept all the messages, ebay will see that there is no credence to a "not as described" case. You provided exactly what you said you would. A rash from the product is an issue for her to take up with Lego. I'd simply tell her that and that you have fulfilled your end of the sale. If she opens a case or leaves negative feedback, then i would fight it. You do know you can reply to negative feedback,right? If ebay won't remove it [which they probably will if you pursue it], you can just reply that the item was sealed and if the rash was legit, then it is a lego issue, not yours. I highly doubt anyone is going to look at the feedback and go "oh yes, i can see him dipping legos in some kind of toxin just to give a buyer a rash". It's ludicrous. 

Just for the record, i've NEVER given a refund back when i knew the buyer was trying to scam me. I contacted ebay and fought it every step of the way. If you give an inch they will take a mile. I don't put up with those kinds of buyers. It's a headache going through all the stuff to get it straightened out but my peace of mind is still intact because i didn't get walked on by a buyer OR ebay. Personally, if this was my case, i wouldn't refund her anything. And she has no way to change her story now to "not as described". Her original complaint was the rash, not receiving not as described. As long as you kept all the messages, ebay will see that there is no credence to a "not as described" case. You provided exactly what you said you would. A rash from the product is an issue for her to take up with Lego. I'd simply tell her that and that you have fulfilled your end of the sale. If she opens a case or leaves negative feedback, then i would fight it. You do know you can reply to negative feedback,right? If ebay won't remove it [which they probably will if you pursue it], you can just reply that the item was sealed and if the rash was legit, then it is a lego issue, not yours. I highly doubt anyone is going to look at the feedback and go "oh yes, i can see him dipping legos in some kind of toxin just to give a buyer a rash". It's ludicrous. 

They're going to google lego rash, read your post and conclude that cissi dips legos in toxins!

They're going to google lego rash, read your post and conclude that cissi dips legos in toxins!

xD

so please stop the rumor, I didn't do that!!!!! lol

and yeah, I just did the search...

this looks like something fun you may be able to build with 6166 set! lol

All i'm saying is even if she left negative feedback, everyone that looks at that feedback would see what an idiot the buyer is. Like someone would go to all that trouble just to give a kid a rash?? As i said, it's not even possible to do and get it all back in sealed bags and boxes. It's just stupid and anyone that looks at the feedback would agree. The negative will fall off after so many transactions anyways. I guess it's just me. I will NOT indulge people's stupidity, even if it means taking a negative feedback. 

All i'm saying is even if she left negative feedback, everyone that looks at that feedback would see what an idiot the buyer is. Like someone would go to all that trouble just to give a kid a rash?? As i said, it's not even possible to do and get it all back in sealed bags and boxes. It's just stupid and anyone that looks at the feedback would agree. The negative will fall off after so many transactions anyways. I guess it's just me. I will NOT indulge people's stupidity, even if it means taking a negative feedback. 

i agree with all you said. The wanting-some-justice part of me will fight with the buyer even with possible neg feedback and case opening. But I value my time too much to pull myself in her nonsense. So bottom line, she needs to send everything back to me intact, not scaming me every single piece. I can easily sell the used set on CL or just give it away. Of course, some washing away her kid's germs is probably necessary. lol

So you are saying it isn't worth the time to fight her on it but you'll waste that same amount of time or more washing and drying the bricks assuming she even sends all of them back? Not to mention, the fact that now you will have to sell it as an open set, again assuming she even sends all the pieces back. If not, then you have an incomplete set and will lose money anyways. 

I've been in the retail and service business for almost thirty years and the one conclusion I have drawn is that some people are certifiable.  In a case like this...eat it and move on, the woman sounds like a lunatic.  There have been many incidents in my past that I took personally or got upset with, but looking back, it is not worth the trouble.  

• Like 1

I've been in the retail and service business for almost thirty years and the one conclusion I have drawn is that some people are certifiable.  In a case like this...eat it and move on, the woman sounds like a lunatic.  There have been many incidents in my past that I took personally or got upset with, but looking back, it is not worth the trouble.

I have yet to meet anyone who has spent any amount of time in either of those industries that hasn't come to a similar attitude. If they don't they either burn out or go just as crazy as customers they complain about.

I am not sure what your margin was on this set.  But I would charge a re-stocking fee to make up for the profit lost by taking a NEW set and making it USED.

My policy is clear.  If I sell a new lego set then I do not accept returns if the set has been opened or if a seal has been broken.

Another tactic is to try and string the buyer along until 60 days elapse.  After 60 days from purchase, they can't open a case or leave feedback. 

• Like 1

Imagine the damage that could happen if this information fell into the wrong hands and bad people learned how to send rashes via Lego through the mail.  Hope they don't put you on the no fly list.

Only kidding.  Trying to understand crazy people is pointless.  Offer a full refund and put the buyer on your blocked bidder list.

beeble hit it on the nose - there's two kinds of crazy, and one of them is criminal-crazy just looking to scare sellers into giving them free stuff. Dealing with one of those myself right now.  :shocked:

Yeah I know what you mean. Someone just said they received my figure and it was broken. It was OBVIOUSLY broken before I ever put it in the package (because I would do that - it is totally my giant scam to get 1600 feedbacks and then send people broken stuff). She said she already bought the replacement piece (just a knob - it was a Jabba) but she will be leaving me negative feedback.

I just responded "I apologize for the damage. The item was brand new and perfectly fine when I packaged it. Unfortunately USPS do not have the most gentle hands and sometimes certain things are damaged in transit. I would be happy to refund you the amount you paid for the piece with extra as a convenience fee if you send me a picture of the damage. Hopefully you can see by my feedback I generally do not send items that are damaged to customers".