TRU BOGO 50 - February 7-13

@rtisan

I'm not 100% sure, but I didn't see the Bat vs Bane Tumbler Chase the first couple days, but it is up on the website now.  They also added Power Armor Lex, but at $26.99 instead of $24.99.

Thanks for the heads us! Neither were there on Friday, that`s for sure. Didn`t check yesterday. Works out of $20.24 for the Power Lex, not a bad price at all for Canada, even with the inflation. 

Hey gregpj, I didn't buy the SSD or Xwing myself...reasons because if I'm stuck holding on to sets I'd rather have EW and AA just because I like them more :) Unless I know for sure I have customers or can flip it easily I prefer not to buy sets I don't like/have interest in. if i'm holding EW and AA for a couple (few) yrs no biggie. I'll flip other sets along the way to 'take the edge off'/lower the cost of my inventory. Since I buy only domestically I know the chances of me getting EW and AA for cheaper is pretty slim, so this TRU sale was good enough for a small time investor/flipper like me.

Agree with your earlier post too...sometimes I prefer not to leave the house/family/free time for a quick $10-$20 profit flip. A buyer wanted Wolverine yesterday for $50 which is great ROI but I refused to go meet up outside my regular 2min drive exchange location. I'd make more of an effort when I'm flipping sets I want to sell off or it's bigger cash value. I'm still happy making as low as $5-$10 profit flips but it has to be on my terms...not worth it to drive around etc. It's a fun hobby so I like to keep it that way.

Part of the flip problem is my market size (700,000 people). There are a couple other flippers here so flipping these bigger sets can be hard. Still waffling... I also haven't had time to get to my local TRU to see what is on the shelves and now I'm sans vehicle for a couple days. :(

What is the EW? I'm a big star wars fan and I don't have an Xwing... Partly worried I'll buy to flip and end up keeping one and poof there goes the profit. :)

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Hey gregpj, I didn't buy the SSD or Xwing myself...reasons because if I'm stuck holding on to sets I'd rather have EW and AA just because I like them more :)  Unless I know for sure I have customers or can flip it easily I prefer not to buy sets I don't like/have interest in.  if i'm holding EW and AA for a couple (few) yrs no biggie.  I'll flip other sets along the way to 'take the edge off'/lower the cost of my inventory.  Since I buy only domestically I know the chances of me getting EW and AA for cheaper is pretty slim, so this TRU sale was good enough for a small time investor/flipper like me.  

Agree with your earlier post too...sometimes I prefer not to leave the house/family/free time for a quick $10-$20 profit flip.  A buyer wanted Wolverine yesterday for $50 which is great ROI but I refused to go meet up outside my regular 2min drive exchange location.  I'd make more of an effort when I'm flipping sets I want to sell off or it's bigger cash value.  I'm still happy making as low as $5-$10 profit flips but it has to be on my terms...not worth it to drive around etc.  It's a fun hobby so I like to keep it that way.     

Don't wait too long to flip it for $50. Bet you this is going to be done and maxed out soon. When there's panic buying, you want to panic sell. I live in a population of 2million or more in my region. Listed it for $35 and nobody's biting.

Part of the flip problem is my market size (700,000 people). There are a couple other flippers here so flipping these bigger sets can be hard. Still waffling... I also haven't had time to get to my local TRU to see what is on the shelves and now I'm sans vehicle for a couple days. :(

What is the EW? I'm a big star wars fan and I don't have an Xwing... Partly worried I'll buy to flip and end up keeping one and poof there goes the profit. :)

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Sorry, it's suppose to be EV for Ewok Village :)  I'm from Toronto so we have the pop size for flipping, I've had buyers from Kitchener, Hamilton, Barrie, all over Durham region etc...they come pretty far/we make it work somehow for exchange if they want it enough.  Guess some people don't like ebay/amazon etc.  Obviously there are a lot of resellers too.    

Don't wait too long to flip it for $50. Bet you this is going to be done and maxed out soon. When there's panic buying, you want to panic sell. I live in a population of 2million or more in my region. Listed it for $35 and nobody's biting.

I might bite at $35 and flip it for $50 ;)  So far no problems here in the GTA...have another repeat local buyer paying $50 tomorrow too.  Just wished I had more obviously.  My stock is running low so I'll probably keep a couple for personal collection, maybe raise prices or hold and see if prices go up further and sell than.  Basically 'free rolling' from the profits made so far on the Wolverine set.       

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure, but I didn't see the Bat vs Bane Tumbler Chase the first couple days, but it is up on the website now.  They also added Power Armor Lex, but at $26.99 instead of $24.99.

Yeah, I don't remember seeing the Tumbler available Friday when the sale started.  Very tempted...but have to control spending haha.  Tempted too with JP.  But need to save up for TB and GE soon.  Plus pay off my recent AAs and EVs purchases.    

I have enough Lex under $20 already so won't bite on that.  Hopefully we'll see a familiar BOGO 50% on LOTR/Hobbit soon.

*remember to PM when you get the chance to do your US run, hopefully we can work out a trade :)    

Sorry, it's suppose to be EV for Ewok Village :)  I'm from Toronto so we have the pop size for flipping, I've had buyers from Kitchener, Hamilton, Barrie, all over Durham region etc...they come pretty far/we make it work somehow for exchange if they want it enough.  Guess some people don't like ebay/amazon etc.  Obviously there are a lot of resellers too.    

I might bite at $35 and flip it for $50 ;)  So far no problems here in the GTA...have another repeat local buyer paying $50 tomorrow too.  Just wished I had more obviously.  My stock is running low so I'll probably keep a couple for personal collection, maybe raise prices or hold and see if prices go up further and sell than.  Basically 'free rolling' from the profits made so far on the Wolverine set.       

That's awesome. I dumped about 10 on ebay for $36USD and made $4USD on shipping. Not as good as what you got but better than nothing. I'm also rolling off the profits from the Wolverine sets. I think the Arctic Batman will show a repeat performance of the Chopper next year. It might do even better because this will be the only 'white' batman ever. 3 special minifigs vs one Deadpool.

That's awesome. I dumped about 10 on ebay for $36USD and made $4USD on shipping. Not as good as what you got but better than nothing. I'm also rolling off the profits from the Wolverine sets. I think the Arctic Batman will show a repeat performance of the Chopper next year. It might do even better because this will be the only 'white' batman ever. 3 special minifigs vs one Deadpool.

I have about 10-12 already...flipped a couple recently before this sale started, but I took your advice and just ordered 4 more...pad the inventory.  I like the minifigs in this set too.  Eventhough this set was sitting on shelves for a long time locally at Target, Walmart, TRU...I can see this taking off too once eol.  Might be one of those sets (like wolverine) where I wished I had more when it's too late.  I was curious and checked Amazon.ca stock...shows only 39 left, good sign.  Hope this set doesn't come back into production. 

haha, maybe I should return those EV's and load up big on Arctic Batman :)   

*Lex Power Armour shows only 11 available on Amazon.ca for those interested (take with grain of salt)...another good potential set.

Stock shows much lower for Power Armour Lex compared to Artic Batman on TRU.ca site.  I've only been collecting for a 1 but can't think of another set with Wonder Woman...or Lex, Superman is in other sets obviously.  With more Superman movies down the road...I think investing in this set is pretty safe. 

Stock shows much lower for Power Armour Lex compared to Artic Batman on TRU.ca site.  I've only been collecting for a 1 but can't think of another set with Wonder Woman...or Lex, Superman is in other sets obviously.  With more Superman movies down the road...I think investing in this set is pretty safe. 

Power Armor Lex is out of stock now. This is a $15 item on walmart so I wouldn't get too excited about this sale just yet. On the other hand, Arctic batman is a $20 set there. The only exclusive figure in the Power Lex is the Wonder Woman figure. This isn't going to be a Wolverine Chopper repeat. If I'm a betting man, the Arctic Batman would be a Wolverine Chopper repeat, and perhaps more. I can't see them not having another Wolverine or Magneto figure, so deadpool is the only special figure. There will be no more Mr. Freeze and Aquaman, bank on that.

The only exclusive figure in the Power Lex is the Wonder Woman figure. 

I'm not sure about that. Is there another set that has a classic, comic accurate Superman? The Man of Steel sets have movie versions which are very different. And a new Superman costume was introduced in the DC "New 52" reboot. It is entirely possible that we will never see another classic Superman. The ManBat set has Nightwing in a"New 52" costume. The classic look had blue, not red. We may see only New 52 costumes from now on. It wouldn't surprise me if that was part of the licensing deal with DC. Many fans hate the new 52 costumes. If you're not familiar with the costume changes and the way fans have reacted, take a look at http://www.toplessrobot.com/2013/08/10_wonder_woman_of_all.php. It may take a while, but if this is the last classic Superman, expect him to become incredibly valuable.

Rather than targetting the Super Heroes discounts, I targeted the technic sets today. The Tow Truck 9395. Listed on lego's website for $44.95. I grabbed two from the shelves and did the TRU price match. I left 3 more up on the shelf and will make a visit again and grab two more soon if nobody cares to grab them.

• 1 month later...

My local TRU is giving 25% off select LOTR sets:

9496 Gandalf Arrives

9474 Battle of Helms Deep

9473 The mines of Moria

Don`t know if they are worth it though.

I think so...I would pick up HD and MOM personally.  Load up on HD more.  Paging Sandwraithx157 to check your local stores! 

*I think this should be moved to Canadian forum/section...its not Feb7-13 anymore hehe.   

I think its only specific stores, on the tags it said the offer was only for that store but i thought that maybe other stores had this deal going too, a lot of them have old LOTR stock so why not.

Aww too bad :( i called a couple stores in the GTA and no dice. They told me it could be store/region specific.

Obviously i don't want to know the exact store as those are great finds and you deserve to grab em, but what province are you in by chance?

It is in the GTA. :thumbsup:

If its in the GTA...than it's not worth it to lock your cash in, too much risk, the theme sucks, no potential and you should spend your investment money on other toys  :angel:  :shifty:    

Meanwhile, let me drive around and pick some up so other investors don't make this mistake.   jk.