TRU BOGO 50 - February 7-13

@rtisan

I was going to post this myself, but wasn't up early enough!

Hey guys, TRU.ca posted their flyer earlier. BOGO 50% on all City, Star Wars, and Super Hero sets. Hopefully that equites to about a 20% discount if you account for TRU inflation on some of the sets. There may be some retiring sets kicking around your TRU, so pick some up if you can!  :thumbsup:

I've had my eye on some sets that are retired but still available at TRU - I'll try to strike tomorrow.

Does anyone know if they'll price match the regular Canadian S&**** site?  I'm not talking about crazy prices, but MSRP - that might knock another 5% or so off the price on some items.

Last time I was at TRU close to my work 2-3wks ago...they had a lot of mint Asylums so I will load up on that if it's available in the sale.  I'll probably be at the front door at 10am haha.  No more Wolverine Choppers or Funhouses sadly.  Happy shopping tomorrow Canadians, it's about time TRU has a decent sale/offer.  Thanks for the heads up @rtisan.   

Should probably change the title to '.ca/Canada' so our US friends don't get confused...they already have their fair share of BOGO 50% promos ;) 

One thought I had if all Star Wars LEGO is under this deal then I'll try to get two UCS R2-D2s. I know one location that has a bunch of them.

I was thinking of the same thing...have to wait and see what applies and what doesn't.  Would be nice to see a 'clitch' and than the modulars online were BOGO 50% off too haha. 

It's about time... the TRU sales up here have outright sucked in January. The flyer seems to be gone from the TRU website. Here's a link to it...

http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/toys-r-us-flyer-february-7-to-13/single/

It doesn't say that anything about exclusives or hard to finds so if your store has any this might be a good chance to stock up! Now to go find that list of recently retired.... :)

Really wish LOTR/Hobbit was included, my local TRU has tons of Weathertop/Shelob. Also has a few Dino sets that are collecting dust.

Might grab some Asylums/Jabba's Palace, but mine has been out of Funhouses for a long time :(

You can get Shelobs for $12 each. I logged into lego's website, showed the cashier, and I rolled out 8 for $12 each through price match. 

Hey guys, TRU.ca posted their flyer earlier. BOGO 50% on all City, Star Wars, and Super Hero sets. Hopefully that equites to about a 20% discount if you account for TRU inflation on some of the sets. There may be some retiring sets kicking around your TRU, so pick some up if you can!  :thumbsup:

The sale is garbage. I just had a look. Can't get it better than a few weeks ago from TRU US. $20 off every $75 purchase in the US TRU site, and now, they feed Canadians with garbage sales which you can get way better deals if you hunt around craigslist. 

Does anyone know if they'll price match the regular Canadian S&**** site? 

You can't PM and use BOGO.

I was wondering this too.  So you can't get them to pricematch (with S @ ****), and then get them to apply the BOGO deal to that?   Is it up to their manager's "discretion"?

My TRU has never stoked any of the larger sets (Asylum, R2-D2, etc) so I`m out of luck. Let us know if you guys are able to score some! That would be an excellent deal if possibly, though somehow I doubt they are included. Always some fine print somewhere, unfortunately  :laugh:

I was going to post this myself, but wasn't up early enough!

I've had my eye on some sets that are retired but still available at TRU - I'll try to strike tomorrow.

Does anyone know if they'll price match the regular Canadian S&**** site?  I'm not talking about crazy prices, but MSRP - that might knock another 5% or so off the price on some items.

Best of luck! Hopefully you can get some good stuff. Let us know if you can  :thumbsup:

I`ve tried at mine in the past and no dice usually. You end up looking like an idiot as soon as they read "Sold Out". Sometimes they haven`t even checked my phone, just taken my word for it. I`ve never lied about the price, but know that in the past I could have and gotten away with it scot free. Won`t cross that line though. Ever. 

The sale is garbage. I just had a look. Can't get it better than a few weeks ago from TRU US. $20 off every $75 purchase in the US TRU site, and now, they feed Canadians with garbage sales which you can get way better deals if you hunt around craigslist. 

While I certainly see your point about the majority of this "sale", there are some sets worth picking up at this price if it is your only option. Anything worth investing that had been listed as retiring recently or already retired is a good buy on sale. We got to take what we can get, and for some this is a better deal than nothing  :thumbsup:

You end up looking like an idiot as soon as they read "Sold Out". Sometimes they haven`t even checked my phone, just taken my word for it.

In my case, I wasn't even asking about "sale" items on S @ ****, or retired.   In production regular MSRP.

eg.

MF  $179.99 vs. $199.99 (TRU price - WTF??)

Jabba's Palace $149.99 vs. $155 (TRU price)

!!!

Includes Arkham Asylum, Ewok Village, Red5 X-Wwing and Star Destroyer. among others.

Pricing examples (at 12% tax, yours may be different)

2 Ewok Villages - $252 CDN ($219 USD)

Red Five/B-Wing/or Cargo Train - $210 CDN ($182 USD)

Arkham Asylum - $176.40 CDN ($153.40 USD)

Super Star Destroyer is not as good of a deal because of markup but it works out to $420 CDN each ($365 USD)

Ewok village looks like the best deal based on US-Canadian rates.  It depends if you are able to make trips to the USA.

Yup, just picked up 2 Ewok Villages and 2 Asylums online...was contemplating whether to pick up another 2 EV's but status updated to sold out already, hope my order ships :)  Will wait and see what the condition is when it arrives.  I'll stop by a TRU later today and maybe pick up two more AA's.  

Too bad no Death Star or more SuperHeroes sets on sale.  Nothing I really liked in City.  I took a peek in the modular/hard to find section just in case there was a clinch and the BOGO 50% off was applied there as well lol.