What is your Top 10 list of Most Iconic Lego sets of all-time?

Just wanted to say the OP's inclusion of Galaxy Explorer is totally justified IMO.

When I got into Lego (late '70s) the Space series was everything to me.  There were a ton of really cool kits that actually still impress me as being cool.  But the king of them all (at least at one point in time) was the Galaxy Explorer.

Everyone wanted it, it was hard to find, it was expensive, it was a big set, and I was overjoyed when I got it for my birthday.

For me it remains the cornerstone of the old Space series. 

Black Seas Barracuda, the first big Technic crane set, Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, original UCS Millennium Falcon, and a few others belong on this list, but not a ton more.

I'm talking truly iconic, all time heavyweight Lego sets here.

On 1/29/2014 at 4:30 PM, spener90 said:

My list:

1. Tower Bridge

2. Cafe Corner

3. UCS Millennium Falcon

4. Green Grocer

5. Winter Village Cottage

6. QAR/Black Pearl

7.Tower of Orthanc

8. 3739 Blacksmith Shop

9. An Unexpected Gathering (My current favorite set)

10. Diagon Alley

Of all the early Modular Building sets that are now expensive on the secondary market, Green Grocer is by far the coolest.

I don't have it, so maybe that adds to the appeal for me.  And it hardly has any interior at all! 

But it has a quaint charm to its overall design and  I love the green color.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Of all the early Modular Building sets that are now expensive on the secondary market, Green Grocer is by far the coolest.

I don't have it, so maybe that adds to the appeal for me.  And it hardly has any interior at all! 

But it has a quaint charm to its overall design and  I love the green color.

Thank you for finding my old list! Interesting to see how things changed over time, even though there are a lot of sets which remained in my top 10 list actually.

Also, The Green Grocer was really the big kick off of the Modular Buildings for a lot of people. The first 2 had quite a lot of detail, but the Grocer added such a new dynamic to the theme, I feel that is where it began to really kick off.

• Like 1