Shipping Rates from Canada

seapotato

This is an eBay sale? You have to be careful shipping surface even with a tracking number because if the buyer lodges a non delivery compliant against you and you can't provide proof of delivery after 30 days (I believe?) even with the tracking number, eBay could rule against you, the seller, and give the buyer a full refund. This is an old scam some buyers may pull by asking for slow cheap shipping and then screwing you over with a non delivery claim after just 2 weeks.

International shipping I always quote tracked air services which usually scare away most international buyers unfortunately. Its too damn expensive to ship out of Canada overseas.

What I've done if the buyer messages me beforehand on eBay (I only list ship to Canada/US) is that if he/she accepts terms of loss through signing a waiver, then I'll ship without tracking.  Of course I try to do research on the buyer's history too (only offer this to 100+ feedbacks generally).  I've done it a handful of times and knock on wood, nothing has been lost. 

What I've done if the buyer messages me beforehand on eBay (I only list ship to Canada/US) is that if he/she accepts terms of loss through signing a waiver, then I'll ship without tracking.  Of course I try to do research on the buyer's history too (only offer this to 100+ feedbacks generally).  I've done it a handful of times and knock on wood, nothing has been lost. 

Do you think eBay/paypal would recognize this signed waiver if there was a dispute? The ebay rules are so badly stacked against the seller that I would be still a little worried. But I've only been burned twice by scammers in 10 years of buying and selling.

Do you think eBay/paypal would recognize this signed waiver if there was a dispute? The ebay rules are so badly stacked against the seller that I would be still a little worried. But I've only been burned twice by scammers in 10 years of buying and selling.

Not sure, but I would imagine that just the fact that you're actually asking for their signature would scare off the scammers.  After all technically it's a legal document.  Either way, I haven't run into problems from those (but I have been scammed for a couple of $100+ packages back in the day too).