What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
Sold a complete jurrassic world theme for 760..  Still have a few complete sets of this theme left..and i'm going to keep them for the long haul now.  This theme has gone nowhere but up over the last year.  Pretty have made all my money back by only selling out half my stock.

Just curious, are you including the polybag as well?

Sold a 41095 Emma's House for €51 cash (buy-in was €25, slightly damaged box). It will be a Saint Nicholas (Sinterklaas) present, the buyer told me. :) 

Sold a 70173 Ocean's HQ for €181 cash (buy-in was €116). Might be super rare in Europe, but it's taking up space and the demand is also very low. Glad to be rid of it. :P 

• Like 1

Can i ask for some guidance please?

have a buyer for a high value set (ISD), i've agreed a very good price (mid to upper end of current value range).

buyer wants to pay me (UK based) by IBAN bank transfer from Italy.

Clearly PayPal is a no-no for me as seller and the buyer is happy to pay by bank wire transfer. But does anyone see any problems / worries about receiving a bank transfer?  

(First sale of such high value for so want to make sure i get this right)

thanks

33 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Can i ask for some guidance please?

have a buyer for a high value set (ISD), i've agreed a very good price (mid to upper end of current value range).

buyer wants to pay me (UK based) by IBAN bank transfer from Italy.

Clearly PayPal is a no-no for me as seller and the buyer is happy to pay by bank wire transfer. But does anyone see any problems / worries about receiving a bank transfer?  

(First sale of such high value for so want to make sure i get this right)

thanks

Best method for seller as you can´t get a chargeback. Only thing to clarify is with HMRC where the money came from and why. Also make sure buyer pays you the net amount in GBP from their end so you don´t get stung with commissions.

Edited by Val-E

4 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Got it.

are there any change back or recall risks?

im planning on waiting one clear day after cleared funds 

Yeah, they can still recall the money same working day they paid so better to wait till next day. What platform are you selling on? Ebay would struggle to CB you unless they tried to take it from your paypal account, if linked to your ebay account. Has that ever happened to anyone?

Solution to that would be leave the account at almost 0 and remove any bank or credit cards linked. DOubt that would happen, though. You´d need enough to leave enough money to pay your commissions.

Edited by Val-E

Recent FBA Sales:

$56 - 75080 AAT ($11)

$40 - 41131 Friends 2016 Advent ($8)

$42 - 60078 Utility Shuttle ($5)

$50 - 60118 Garbage Truck ($12)

I also sold a 2013 dented Friends advent on Ebay for $50.  Who said the advent market is dead :)

I wish I had bought tons of these garbage trucks from Target last Christmas, but there was so much else to buy I only grabbed a handful.

Edited by Sfcommando14
  • Like 6