10237 - Tower of Orthanc

I'm absolutely gutted I can't even get my hands on one of these :(

Ok I just realized you're probably located in the UK so this doesn't help you.  Sorry about that.

Edited by zskid00

When I bought the one today there was another one on the shelves. But there was a big big hole in the front of the box. It was big enough to doubt all the content was still there. 

I asked for a possible discount on that one but the lady said no. So I had to leave it there all by itself. :(

Edited by Ciglione

I can only see it in stock on U.S. Lego store?   Have tried Lego shop in Glasgow, Hamleys and John Lewis....no joy

And Toys R US? It´s soon enough for there still to be some one-eyed toyshops that still have them....

I can only see it in stock on U.S. Lego store?   Have tried Lego shop in Glasgow, Hamleys and John Lewis....no joy

And Toys R US? It´s soon enough for there still to be some one-eyed toyshops that still have them....

have tried one closest to me.....there is 1 more I could try....is there any way I can order from US Lego store and get them to deliver to UK?

Edited by LegoScotsman

You could at least give them a call and ask. So you do not have to go over there.

yes I will give the other TRU a call tomorrow....the Lego US store site is confusing as it appears from their shipping policies that they may ship to some European countries but when I look at checkout I have no way to change shipping country to anything out with US.

damn  just one would do but reckon air fare to Cape Town may put a downer on the overall price :)

Haha yeah. If you could get them back at no extra cost then airfare would be justifiable if you were buying 10.

Depends on your expectations of resale value. Grab a couple of TH´s too and you have paid for the flight and baggage!

Trust me, if there were any TH left they would be in my storage unit!

We do have some downsides to our slow market like not having Ferris Wheel or Slave 1 yet.

I am also based in Glasgow. The ToO sat for ages. The Monday after the weekend it sold out they were gone. My hunch is that staff also indulge or other people got there at the weekend. The exact same thing happened to me last year with the Halloween Mansion, I watched for ages then bought online, it was canceled by TLG. Went to store and they were gone. I ended up getting it on eBay for £275! However I used the experience to encourage me to buy the SSD which is nicely appreciating. 

If you can't get it easily then get it quickly off eBay, or buy something else that might later fund it through appreciation. 

yes I will give the other TRU a call tomorrow....the Lego US store site is confusing as it appears from their shipping policies that they may ship to some European countries but when I look at checkout I have no way to change shipping country to anything out with US.

Well i can get several @240€ but its had to byte @ this price

Well i can get several @240€ but its had to byte @ this price

I've been offered one (used/ pre built but complete) for EUR 250 including shipping.  Still really want one for the personal collection (so as long as its complete used doesn't matter).  

General opinion that i should jump on this one or bide my time and see if i can get it cheaper?

250€ atm for a used one seams a bit high. If its for building i supose that you can get it cheaper