10237 - Tower of Orthanc

I just came back from visiting some toy stores. ToO's were still there at 230 euro. Normally with the latest information they would be all gone. Ofcourse many people are on holiday but still. 

Hopefully this does not become the next Medievil Market Village! It was also still there at 130 euro.  

i would alter your statement slightly but 99.5% agree :)

Scarcity could help to create demand 

if a set's public perception is that it stinks no matter how scarce, people won't buy it on the secondary market.  Prices will remain near MSRP (some 2011+ TRY exclusives come to mind) .

No. Scarcity creates demand. If the market is flooded, that added incentive is not going to help boost prices. The fact remains that there are still a lot of them out there and that will keep prices down. Do you think Town Hall is expensive now because it's the coolest modular? Nope. It's the least hoarded of all of the newer modulars because of the short lifespan and resellers weren't able to stockpile it as much as they would have liked.

i would alter your statement slightly but 99.5% agree :)

Scarcity could help to create demand 

if a set's public perception is that it stinks no matter how scarce, people won't buy it on the secondary market.  Prices will remain near MSRP (some 2011+ TRY exclusives come to mind) .

It´s the perception of scarcity and quality that counts - TH is really only comparatively rare (when looking at other modulars from the same period) and there are probably less 7965 MISB´s around now than TH.

Edited by valenciaeric

I got one of my ToO from Amazon yesterday and the box had a dent corner and two large creases on the middle. It was the same case with Ewok Village from Amazon. Is that how a lot of you have been receiving these larger sets from Amazon? I was going to send ToO back but since it was out of stock I settled for a 15% refund. 

I received 2 from Target's restock last week and both came crushed enough that there was a full length crease running horizontally across the front.  I don't mind corner creases or a little corner crush but the full length crease actually made the box flex when I picked it up.  One of them was probably damaged in shipping since something pancaked the box but the other box was perfect so it was damaged before it shipped.

Forgot to look at seal codes.  I'll most likely be taking them back since I don't think Target offers anything for damaged boxes.  Thankfully all my future large box purchases will be in-store to avoid this nonsense.

Anywhere I can still find this in the UK?

if you phone the nearest lego store they may still have some in the shop that they will post to you for a £10 shipping fee. There stock levels are completely different to the online uk lego site as i believe they are similar to francises. I think lego b&m stores are the only likely place to get this as it isnt stocked by smyths or any of the supermarkets/ john lewis. They may have run out as well though.

Is that Lego B&m as in the B&M bargain stores? Do some of them stock Lego?

sorry its the bricks and mortar lego shops. At the beginning of this month i wanted to stock a pet shop and parisian restuarant but it was sold out online so i phoned up a bricks and mortar store and they said they are different to the online store and have a lot of lego in their warehouse, i was able to easily get my two sets over the phone for an extra £10 delivery which is less than what i would of paid on fuel.

• Like 1