7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

I'm trying to figure out why some refuse to believe a new MF is coming out to accompany the new movie. Denial much?

Just a hunch, but my money's on a Jan 2016 release at the earliest. Assuming it's gonna be a playset, it will come with lots of minifigs, some of which will be new main characters from the movie.

I know Lego has released Super Hero sets with scenes from the movies before they came out, but maybe they have an agreement with Disney not to release any minifigs of new main characters before the movie is released?

Or are we expecting a wave of new SW sets to come out in the summer, based on the new movie? Given how guarded they are about EPIV, I would find that surprising.

I think that there will be both a new UCS one and a new regular one coming out and they may even come out before the new movie if timing works out.

This is the last MF to be from the original trilogy.  It is different than the new ones.  That's worth something.  I do not think this will become a town hall years down the road but I do think it will perform nicely.

I'm trying to figure out why some refuse to believe a new MF is coming out to accompany the new movie. Denial much?

It doesn't really matter over the next 6-10 months if a new version is coming out.  The earliest we will see it is Nov/Dec 2015 with the release of the new movie and that one is going to be at least slightly different with all new minifigures.  This one is a classic and should continue to do well throughout 2015.  The long-term prices from 12+ months on will most likely be affected by a new Falcon.

I am reasonably new to this game, so bear with me. I am just curious why when people are obviously clammering for the 7965, why most sellers are content with a range of 165 to 195, when early in December these were vaulting up into the 220-240+ range. I mean, I know most of us got ours for $80 or so, but if buyers are willing to pay so much more, why are sellers aiming so low? With ebay fees, PayPal fees, shipping (often times free shipping is offered) and time and supplies, I can't imagine you would make a whole lot of profit even at an $80 purchase price. In the meantime I am sitting and waiting, which can be boring, but would seem to make the most sense to buy low and sell high. Am I setting my profit margin expectations too high?