LEGO USA SHOP AT HOME BLACK FRIDAY 2013 DEALS

Jeff Mack

So the difference between this deal and last weeks is around $8 difference in vip points (using the HH as an example).  I guess that isn't horrible.  Still surprises  me that they didn't have the same deals.

To me last week they really rewarded the VIPs and this week they wanted to push slowly selling sets to the general public.  Having said that, those 50% off speedorz and friends sets really do not bode well with the future of those particular sets.

@0:00 sharp, the LEGO Shop at Home site was loading super slow for me but I could still manage to place my orders. Put 3, used up all my VIP points and my CC limits (lol). two with mini modulars so they went to CS immediately (though the confirmation email actually came fast), one with friends set went to In Process. I hope the friends sets are good to flip

To me last week they really rewarded the VIPs and this week they wanted to push slowly selling sets to the general public.  Having said that, those 50% off speedorz and friends sets really do not bode well with the future of those particular sets.

Between LEGO Shop at Home giving away speedorz sets awhile ago and basically putting most of them on sale today definitely doesn't look good for that theme.  Too bad, since the Gorilla mech looks real cool.  Hoping for a 50% discount on that one :)

Between s@h giving away speedorz sets awhile ago and basically putting most of them on sale today definitely doesn't look good for that theme.  Too bad, since the Gorilla mech looks real cool.  Hoping for a 50% discount on that one :)

Maybe it's LEGO's way of promoting the sets.  You are thinking too much like an investor.  Think like a Mom looking for a deal at XMAS time or a kid with limited funds. Discounting these sets can be a way to increase interest in the theme.  LEGO seems to be making quite an effort with this theme.  Don't underestimate it like many did with Ninjago.

Maybe it's LEGO's way of promoting the sets.  You are thinking too much like an investor.  Think like a Mom looking for a deal at XMAS time or a kid with limited funds. Discounting these sets can be a way to increase interest in the theme.  LEGO seems to be making quite an effort with this theme.  Don't underestimate it like many did with Ninjago.

The half off deals for the Ultimate Speedor Tournament and Eagle's Castle are the best ones to get a kid hooked. I mean, it is a full set with bricks to build plus a couple of Speedorz to demolish said bricks with. All the regular Speedorz would be great just for parts alone as there are some relatively to insanely rare parts in a couple of those.

6 minimodulars, 2 trucks and 2 cards.

Insomnia cost me! Woke up, decided to check the site on my phone, and ended up dropping 600 bucks between lego and those target cards. Bah!

I`ll bet that you will sleep comfortably with the knowledge that that is a very impressive haul, at an even more impressive price  :thumbsup:

That`s a very good question haha. Maybe it isn`t so much that I "despise" it, more so that I never really took a liking to it. Ya, that sounds better/nicer/more pacifistic   :D

Haha, just giving you grief. If I'm honest, I didn't pay much attention to the Spongebob Legos before and I really only ended up buying these last four sets because they were on a good sale of 30% off at Walmart (got Glove World for half at Target). I figured like any other set they should at least be worth it just for the parts even though I have absolutely no idea what I will use any of them for. :lol: I'm more partial to the cartoon anyway. :D