City 2014

Noodlenut

I've been scoping out the older light repair trucks on EBay, now I guess I'll wait.  I dig the camper van too.

I have a handful of the old 3197 Repair Truck NIB... Looks like I should sell em now?

Also, I'm a bit bummed in general about so many re-do's. I was hoping they'd get a bit more creative with these, maybe make other types of municipal or commerce buildings, scenes and vehicles to add the the "City". I'm thinking things like taxis, buses, parks, libraries, a recycling plant, a power plant, news stands, coffee shops, corner stores, gas stations etc.

I have a handful of the old 3197 Repair Truck NIB... Looks like I should sell em now?

Also, I'm a bit bummed in general about so many re-do's. I was hoping they'd get a bit more creative with these, maybe make other types of municipal or commerce buildings, scenes and vehicles to add the the "City". I'm thinking things like taxis, buses, parks, libraries, a recycling plant, a power plant, news stands, coffee shops, corner stores, gas stations etc.

I am also surprised that there are that many redos. With the City theme, the possibilities are endless when you are creating sets to go in the city. How many versions of one type of police car can you have.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just spotted this set the other day at Target which caught my eye because I didn't remember seeing it at Walmart and I believe The Brick Fan said something about it being a store exclusive. Well, turns out it is a Target exclusive according to their website. (I love the new "Only at Target" image on the site; so helpful!)

Helicopter Transport (60049) - $44.99

60049_alt1.png

Guest eightbrick

I just spotted this set the other day at Target which caught my eye because I didn't remember seeing it at Walmart and I believe The Brick Fan said something about it being a store exclusive. Well, turns out it is a Target exclusive according to their website. (I love the new "Only at Target" image on the site; so helpful!)

Helicopter Transport (60049) - $44.9

Hahaha, escaping with a drag racecar/dune buggy hybrid. These crooks are genius.

Anyways, I'm sure a good majority of you have seen at least some of these images, but if you haven't here you go:

(Look quick and save them if you want - they might get deleted very soon)

https://imageshack.com/a/srBq/1

First up in Creator (I know, this is City but you understand when you see it) there is a quarter modular type thing (Did I call it or what... but I was hoping for something more substantial...)

Arctic is making a comeback (complete with a husky sled  :wub: )

And we have a brand new white passenger train and blue cargo train.

In other themes, Chima goes arena-style, Friends goes jungle-style (not really a fan of the change in either of these) and NInjago finally brings us another Asian-style building.

Anyways, I'm sure a good majority of you have seen at least some of these images, but if you haven't here you go:

(Look quick and save them if you want - they might get deleted very soon)

https://imageshack.com/a/srBq/1

Darn it, I can't get Imageshack to load up for me! All is see is the stinking Facebook "Like" button in the top left hand corner. Oh yeah, that makes sense. Load up the option to 'like' an image but not actually let me see it. Ugh.... :mda: