City 2014

Noodlenut

Looks like they used ladder pieces for the car "tracks" on the top.  If you saw it from the top you'd probably say "meh" because it wouldn't quite look as cool seeing ladders there.

At first I thought it was cool looking, but after considering what the ladders would look like on it, I was disappointed with it.

The whole thing looks as it should; I just wonder how stable those top platforms are? This will be a great Great Vehicle set in my opinion especially for $30. I can hardly wait to add other little cars to it.

I like it.  Would be better if cars are not the same design.

Hey come on. That's real life! Take a look at today's modern cars and try to spot the difference. :wacko: Besides it is a cool design with a sporty edge to it. :roadrage:

unimpressed....

Surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U

My main complaint is that it seems to be full of a lot of "air" and doesn't have a whole lot of filler to it. Makes me think that this will be a fragile build.

I can see that. It is very much like the Recycling Truck set from last year. When it has all three waste bins on the back it appears nicely full and bulky.

4206_alt2.jpg

However, soon as those get taken off it just looks like an empty flatbed truck.

4206-2.jpg

It is pretty much the same thing with this Auto Transporter set. Unless it is filled up with cars it looks so....empty. I am still mainly wondering how the top 'rack' will stay perfectly stable when moving about. I remember trying something like this so many year ago and that didn't work out so well. Haha. Seeing how this only comes with two cars, I guess I will just have to come up with another two to fill up those gaps and 'bulk' it up.

Guest eightbrick

I like it. It's a pretty good idea, but I wish the cars varied a bit more besides by color. My main complaint is that it seems to be full of a lot of "air" and doesn't have a whole lot of filler to it. Makes me think that this will be a fragile build.

Yeah it feels like it should be a bit more beefy, and have a car sitting on top of the cab. Other than that, not bad.

Hi guys. I was browsing Walmart Canada today and was pleasantly surprised to discover that they have published many images of the new city sets. I`ve done a search on here, and didn`t really find any images of them. Could not find them (other then the #s and titles) on Brickset either. Here is what they have published, and links to the sets with CAN prices (at the moment, they don`t appear on the individual pages. Take a look at wide search page here for those). They are listed in the order in which they appeared to me on the site. 

Camper Van (60057)

Large_.jpeg

Crook Pursuit (60041)

Large_.jpeg

Helicopter Surveillance (60046)

Large_.jpeg

Light Repair Truck (60041)

Large_.jpeg

SUV With Watercraft (60058)

Large_.jpeg

High Speed Police Chase (60042)

Large_.jpeg

• Like 2

Guest eightbrick

Hahaha, I love the chain and ball on the prisoner's feet. They look so comical, especially on the guys running away from the police station. The helicopter looks pretty bad actually now from that angle. Thankfully they beefed up the prisoner transport so it looks a bit more like a SWAT car. Good stuff, thanks @rtisan!

Guest eightbrick

The tow truck looks really good, and I really like the camper and the canoe. Seems like it's only come out in the LR line before this.

There are quite a few remakes though, and the Mobile Police Unit set looks like a turn down, instead of a turnup. :P

The canoe's been around for awhile: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=6021&in=S. But yes, definitely, getting pretty bored of these police mobile units. This is what, the fourth?  :frantics:

Guest brickcrazyhouse

does anyone recognize the top front rounded part of the camper 60057?   can't wait for it to be released, want to build it now.  need help

Guest eightbrick

does anyone recognize the top front rounded part of the camper 60057?   can't wait for it to be released, want to build it now.  need help

Are you talking about the camper? If so it looks like this part: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=61484

Found in these sets: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=61484&in=S