Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

16 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Amazon finally got back to me regarding selling on there. $50 a month in fees just to list on there , plus a cut of between 6 and 15% on every sale. Don’t think it gives me access to a FBA style fulfilment centre so I’d have to pay shipping too. I could be wrong on this point so I have asked for clarification.

Will be interested to hear the outcome on that. As far as I'm aware you're right- though there is talk of them trying to launch an FBA service soon. That said- we've been expecting Amazon for a while, haven't we...

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Woolworths are running out their Lego sets at the moment

Picked up the following at $14 a piece:

2 x 60150 Pizza Vans

1 x 41310 Heartlake Gift Delivery

2 x 41315 Heartlake Surf Shop

3 x 60151 Dragster Transporter

14 bucks for the dragster transporter is pretty darn cheap

10 hours ago, ED-209 said:

14 bucks for the dragster transporter is pretty darn cheap

Sure is - I scanned one to be sure and then went back for the other two. Only found in 1 of the 5 woollies that I visited. I'm not sure if I even saw this set for sale pre-Xmas.

No if my local Big Dub will just come to party with their pricing of 75142 Encounter on Jakku. Price went back up from $55 to $79 a week before Xmas, and still 10+ sit on the shelves.

Found a few 41321 friends off roaders at Kmart for $10. Cleared the shelf. Also found a Scuttler at $79 but that price didn’t beat my Myer glitch $75 Scuttlers, so I left it.

Water dragons about gone so grabbed the last 3 of them also. 

Moral of the story : check your local kmarts. They have random stuff and even more random clearances that aren’t advertised. 

• Like 1

Happy New Year guys and I'm back. Have been absent due to a hectic 2017. Anyway, had just had been asked if I want to sell some of the lego, but hesitant to do so as I have heard lego architecture has ceased in production. Is this true? Do you think the value may still go up? I have most of the first series sealed new in box. 

21 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Check your set number prices on eBay. If those dollars speak to you , list it up. Sets retired or  not, won’t go up forever.

Thanks. Checking ebay. Just realised there are repro's/a second release of the Guggenheim set. Wow. Fallingwater looking good. 

What is the source Architecture has ceased production? The theme has gone down hill over the last couple years, but I’m still collecting the skylines.
I’ve sold most of my Architecture sets but have a few listed, I may hold out selling in the interim

Tried to find an online reference, came up with little solid evidence. Will get back to the person to find a source. But I believe that it may only be the skyline series in 2018 architecture range which will continue given some articles, for example. https://www.brothers-brick.com/tag/architecture/ . Anyway, happy to know there may be new harry potter sets released in Nov of 2018 https://brickshow.com/.

Edited by AFFOL
to add more.
  • Like 1

And it’s only Shanghai scheduled at this stage. I think this Is the lowest number of sets available in the theme for a few years.
Maybe it needs its own thread

I did visit Myer Melbourne Friday and they had none in stock, not sure if that’s the normal post Christmas (I usually spend them in UK)

On 1/1/2018 at 7:03 PM, mtchrs said:

And it’s only Shanghai scheduled at this stage. I think this Is the lowest number of sets available in the theme for a few years.
Maybe it needs its own thread emoji6.png

I did visit Myer Melbourne Friday and they had none in stock, not sure if that’s the normal post Christmas (I usually spend them in UK)

I used to buy mine at Myer on boxing day. Last was the Sydney Opera House. It was the most unpopular set, but since many never thought to get it, it's value has incremented at a surprising rate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped off at the Lego Store at Dreamworld, pleasantly surprised to find:

40262 - Christmas Train Ride selling for $10, (bought 4) and

853345 - Gold Brick Xmas Bauble at $8 (bought 2).

Was expecting the usual prices of $16 and $12.50.

Be driving by again tomorrow and will pick up some more of the xmas trains if available.