10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

3 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that there's positives to this set. If it does retire then the fact that the newer Creator vehicle's RRPs are so much higher than the T1 should give it an automatic bump, where people see the value in it.

I was cool with getting my money back and even squeezing some profit out of them.  Hopefully they get discounted before they go off into the sunset to stock up again.

1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that there's positives to this set. If it does retire then the fact that the newer Creator vehicle's RRPs are so much higher than the T1 should give it an automatic bump, where people see the value in it.

I´m also going to market mine as the original version in original box, special limited edition T1 of T100.000.000

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

I´m also going to market mine as the original version in original box, special limited edition T1 of T100.000.000

They'll be worth less as they don't have the 2 extra white 4x2 tiles ?

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I refuse to open one for personal build. And that’s why it won’t retire.

I know as soon as I crack one open it’ll retire.

I refuse to open one for personal build. And that’s why it won’t retire.

I know as soon as I crack one open it’ll retire.

That's why it won't retire.

Don't do it. As soon as you crack open one it'll retire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This set was released in 2011 and we know that the last digit of the seal codes on sets represent the year. So what will they do next year to avoid confusion about the production year? Just not care about it and re-use the codes from 2011? Finally retire the set? Or retire it and bring it back with a new set number like they've done (for different reasons) with some other sets?

This set was released in 2011 and we know that the last digit of the seal codes on sets represent the year. So what will they do next year to avoid confusion about the production year? Just not care about it and re-use the codes from 2011? Finally retire the set? Or retire it and bring it back with a new set number like they've done (for different reasons) with some other sets?

The seal code is for when it was produced, not released. Lego doesn’t have 10 year old stock lying around. The only 2011 seal code “1’s” reside in BPer vaults.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, paulvdb said:

This set never retired before since it was released. Lego changed the box a few years ago. 

• Like 1