10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

Sometimes it's nice when a set becomes only worth its build/play value and I can justify actually cutting seals to building one. After I fail my statistical mechanics exam tomorrow I'm gonna build a lego set for me, maybe the first since unexpected gathering broke on the scene. 

Edited by junkrigger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jaisonline said:

At the very least, why can’t Lego retire this one and sell a different color. 

A dark green / forrest green would look good.

yeah,  I’m also deep in 10220.  Like Excite said, maybe it times to move soon for the holidays. 

Totally agree on a different color option, or introducing instructions on building the different variations of the Bus.

2020 will be the 70th anniversary of the VW bus so maybe holding another 2 years will help? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaisonline said:

yeah,  I’m also deep in 10220.  Like Excite said, maybe it times to move soon for the holidays. 

I’d rather see light blue, similar to the Beetle. Dharma Blue (from LOST)

F567A310-A0F4-4AE8-B2D6-EB20B16A7127.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jaisonline said:

My built one is in now yellowy-white colour and faded red. They are going to make us buy a second one as the first ones are all looking washed up now.

5 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Haven't you heard?  They only profited about $1 billion last year. They're just squeaking by. They don't have $500 just laying around to have someone remake the instructions with some other color bricks, have a photo shoot and redo the box.  Promoting creativity is reserved for their advertising message to consumers, not their own products. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Haven't you heard?  They only profited about $1 billion last year. They're just squeaking by. They don't have $500 just laying around to have someone remake the instructions with some other color bricks, have a photo shoot and redo the box.  Promoting creativity is reserved for their advertising message to consumers, not their own products. 

they've put all there spare funds into the black card vip promos

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Parazels said:

Is it worth to invest in? With all due respect to this set, but it looks like everybody has already invested money in the van! Now I can buy it at $110.

What to do?

It's a nice set, but as you said: everybody and their aunt has already multiple boxes of this in their storage. And bought for considerably less than $110. At that price of $110 it's not even good to buy for your own build. You can get it cheaper from other places, like Bricklink for example.

5 hours ago, Haay said:

It's a nice set, but as you said: everybody and their aunt has already multiple boxes of this in their storage. And bought for considerably less than $110. At that price of $110 it's not even good to buy for your own build. You can get it cheaper from other places, like Bricklink for example.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

I won't be surprised if some average sets become more valuable in the future, than those overrated Star Wars and Creator sets!

Edited by Parazels

• 8 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I always feel like I should be buying this set, but I sold all but my builder over 2 years ago.

I sold mine at a 5% loss and I'm glad I did as I'd lose even more if I sold them now! The ship won't be sailing on this set I'm afraid, just look how badly the Tower Bridge is performing and it's still very much in stock everywhere.