10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

27 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Maybe T1 will actually do fine... 

I guess you were sarcastic on the other thread where you picked this as a winner, i took you seriously.

Its an amazing set since besides being a vehicle it has a playability factor. I think this will do exceptionally well once the deep stockpiles start to thin.

Its already at 180$ at amazon which is no less then 140 after FBA fees.

With a buy in at 90$ at zavvi last week, thats a 50/90 or 55% return in 2 weeks, not too shabby..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I guess you were sarcastic on the other thread where you picked this as a winner, i took you seriously.

I was sarcastic. But let's be rational: T1 is a great, unique set & it's likely LEGO won't remake it due to the missing license. 

Only barrier is too much stock & a slim possibility remake... we said the same thing about 21309.

I REALLY don't think it'll turn out like 21309 though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

A day we thought would never come...

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 8.07.49 PM.png

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-6994,00.html
What is the most statistically improbable coincidence that has ever been officially verified and how improbable was it?

These journalists wrote this long article, scientists spent hours, days, weeks, months researching & calculating the most improbable event... and didn't even find a concrete answer!

If they only knew our community could have given them the answer in 2 seconds... 

• Haha 3

It's interesting how Playmobile picks up these LEGO licenses.  Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Scooby Doo, Volkswagen....
The ghostbusters one is weird because playmobil had ghostbusters sets at the same time as Lego. I remember buying a stay puft to add to my modular town.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Im just thinking now, i remember back in december, ppl were speculating that the van had to be gone because playmobil had the license and was releasing its own version of the v1. Maybe this is a technical legal distinction to avoid stepping on playmovils v1 license and still release essentially the same set

51 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Correct me if im wrong but is the T2 even iconic? T1 i see everywhere in photos movies etc but cant recall seeing t2 anywhere. also, is there a similar follow up to the beetle?

Probably - there even seems to be a large enthusiast community for the T3, which is one of the most ugly and hateful s**tboxes ever to be called an automobile.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Correct me if im wrong but is the T2 even iconic? T1 i see everywhere in photos movies etc but cant recall seeing t2 anywhere. also, is there a similar follow up to the beetle?

Movies I recall the VW T2 was in were Back to the Future and Field of Dreams......