Toys R Us Sale for Oct 27-Nov 2 & 20% of all Star War Sets up to $399.99

emazers

So, did anyone see the best deal with TRU "sale" and the 20% coupon?

Also, any idea when the rewards site will be fixed?

Best deal is the Council of Elrond - discount stacks, get it for $20. I picked one up to build.

Jedi cruiser is also sweet

I was told the Rewards thing should be fixed by today or tomorrow.

The exclusive Jedi trasport is not a bad deal as you also get the free mini figures box with it, I'm not sure about the real value of this set though . Hopefully someone with more experience can shed a little light.

I assume you are talking about the Cruiser? Totally worth it. Its a pretty badass ship and the figures are some of the best out there. I have been parting it out for a few weeks now.

4 figs - 50$

Ship - $65ish

Best deal is the Council of Elrond - discount stacks, get it for $20. I picked one up to build.

Jedi cruiser is also sweet

I assume you are talking about the Cruiser? Totally worth it. Its a pretty badass ship and the figures are some of the best out there. I have been parting it out for a few weeks now.

4 figs - 50$

Ship - $65ish

I stand corrected and thanks for the info :-)

Jedi defender definitely worth it at that price.

Thanks for the tip on Council of Elrond, DIINM! Glad to get that one.

Poor TRU, though - they have a sale on Friends, and Amazon price matches them. Friends prices are down on Amazon again - and no tax (at least not where I live). Except for SRC, of course - which also might be worth picking up at $95.99. Not sure yet on that one.

Popped in tonight on Halloween - with 20% coupon in hand - store was dead. Picked up their last 3 Vampyre Castles for $95.99/each and an original 4x4 Crawler for $159.99. It was a super clean box and i recall seeing these marked up to 219 on toysrus.com. I was surprised it scanned for 199 and figured what the heck, at the very worst I'd build it to go along with one of my 41999s I plan to build.

While checking out, I noticed the collectible minfigs behind the customer service desk and asked the nice lady manager who was helping me if i could have one - and she looked at them like she'd never seen them before (all behind customer service desk). She scanned one and much to my surprise, she suggested I do three different checkouts to give me Vol. 2/3, Vol 3/3 minifigs, and the case. I don't usually do the polys or minifigs but ill take it. Seeing that she was bored and interested in helping, i then asked if she had anymore VCs in the back - she ushered me to the CS desk and a quick check came up empty. But she did give me the quantities left at the other stores near me. And the quantities of Helms Deeps in my area. Very nice lady.

Anyway, I'm fairly new to brick-******-mortar purchases and especially to Toys R Us - so I have a few questions.

1) From reading here I understood the prices would be all over the place, but Wow! So different from their website prices. They had about 15 Funhouses in great condition but for $54.99. And then the Crawler I picked up was priced at Lego retail. Seriously, weird. Are Funhouses that popular and still readily available??? Thy're still available at LEGO Shop at Home.

2) I mentioned the $39.99 Funhouses at Lego to suggest a price match and the nice lady manager looked at me funny. Not like in rude/mean way, but like, wow, in you should buy those way. I have never done a price match so don't know if there is a proper way to broach the subject or if it should be done with some finesse? I didn't even have them at the check-out and was just making small talk while she was searching other stores so maybe she wasn't really listening.

3) They had 3 Helms Deeps at $129 (all with fair boxes). Will they price match Amazon's $106? And then can I use the 20% coupon on top of that? If not, are those HDs worth it at $103 (with just the 20% coupon)?

4) And finally, if the VCs go on sale to $80 on Sunday, can I go back in and return and repurchase without issues? Do they just price-match their own sale retroactively? I assume I'll need to walk in there with all 3 VC sets in hand? And if I can do this, why shouldn't I pick up as many VCs I can find before the Nov 3rd sale just to assure I have them in hand - before the doors get busted?

I appreciate any and all suggestions...

and oh, I'm fairly new here, first time posting - this site is an amazing place - much thanks to the creators and wonderful posters who populate the helpful forums and blogs.

4) And finally, if the VCs go on sale to $80 on Sunday, can I go back in and return and repurchase without issues? Do they just price-match their own sale retroactively? I assume I'll need to walk in there with all 3 VC sets in hand? And if I can do this, why shouldn't I pick up as many VCs I can find before the Nov 3rd sale just to assure I have them in hand - before the doors get busted?

I appreciate any and all suggestions...

and oh, I'm fairly new here, first time posting - this site is an amazing place - much thanks to the creators and wonderful posters who populate the helpful forums and blogs.

I did the same thing as you did, picked up 4 VC from multiple TRU stores with 20% coupon and also got minifigure/collector display box promo gifts.  I asked the clerk at both TRU stores and they both confirmed they will do price adjustment as long as the purchase is made within 7 days, and make sure no more than 2 VCs on the same receipt.   

I did the same thing as you did, picked up 4 VC from multiple TRU stores with 20% coupon and also got minifigure/collector display box promo gifts.  I asked the clerk at both TRU stores and they both confirmed they will do price adjustment as long as the purchase is made within 7 days, and make sure no more than 2 VCs on the same receipt.

Can you get a price adjustment on Sunday for the 80$, then come back the following Saturday and get another adjustment for the 10% CC?

How does the free display box show up on the receipt? I thought it would effect the return value / price match value of the castle so I didn't bother buying one yet.

Just picked up an R2-D2 for $149.99 pre-tax, plus was able to use $10 groupon coupon. Also got minifig case.

Wow, how did you manage that? The online price is 228.99 marked down to 209.99! I didnt' even think you could use the 20% coupon on this because it was already part of the Star Wars Lego sale. That's a phenomenal deal man!

All the talk has been on the VC & dolphin cruiser, any thoughts on Palpatine's Arrest? It's sold out on Lego S@H and its a TRU exclusive . The price will be 74.99 starting Sunday and add 10% on CC Saturdays, sou will end up with some $68-70 to shell out..

I don't think most people here have high hopes for this set. You will probably be OK at that price though.