Toys R Us Sale for Oct 27-Nov 2 & 20% of all Star War Sets up to $399.99

emazers

At least some of the friends stuff is below retail!  Anyone think there is something that might worth picking up?  I have been waiting for Summer Riding Camp and Riding Stables to come down, but this probably isn't worth it.

That's just about the best you'll see the Summer Riding Camp at $95.99.  A little better deal right now would be to go for double VIP at Lego Shop @ Home, which is pretty much equivalent to 10% off.

What do you guy think about the following deal:

- X-wing 10240 and get the y-wing free

-Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (75025) : 75.99 (exclusive set)

-Free minifuger box

-10% cash back

-"R" rewards

That is the best I can put together and I am still on the fence

I thought the minifigure box promo ended?

I'm told that there are some TRU like in Times Square that does have the larger sets and the sales may have applied to those.  Jabba's Sail Barge is at a nice price, but I am going to wait and hope it is treated to the same discounts as the palace, however unlikely that hope may be.  Jedi defender is also tempting.

BTW, TRU "R" rewards online system is jacked up, anyone checking it will see a balance of zero, they are working on it...tsk tsk tsk

I called them this morning about the same thin.  Plus, it's really dumb you can only apply one rewards coupon code per online order.  Why do they send them in $5 and $10 increments then???

BTW, TRU "R" rewards online system is jacked up, anyone checking it will see a balance of zero, they are working on it...tsk tsk tsk

I figured as much. I have already qualified for the $100 rewards. I saw it was $0 balance and freaked out. But didn't call anyone yet, I figured it was a glitch. Does anyone know if it was possible to sign up for another rewards card so you could get more if you capped out at the $100?

My TRU has the Hoth Echo base for 75$ after the 20%, good deal?

Most people from what I`ve seen don`t believe this set to be a good investment. I tend to agree when viewing the track record of past Hoth sets (aside from AT-ATs). If it was up to me, I would tend to put $75 in something else, say VC, Helm`s Deep, or even HH (rumour has it this puppy with retire early next year). It is a decent price if you want it for your collection though. 

I went to a different Toys R Us than the one that is closest to me, and noticed something very different. The prices at this one were lower than the one I had been shopping at that was nearest to my home. While not equal to the lego.com store prices, they were still less than the TRU.com prices. And when combined with the 20% off sale or the 20% off regular price coupon some things were cheaper than the LEGO Shop at Home price. I found the retired 8065 mini container truck hiding in with the technic tow trucks, and after 20% off only paid 9.59 for it. I also found a few of the retired 5888's which after 20% off came to 31.99 each. Picked up 2 Uruk-Hai for 29.59 each and 2 Jedi Cruisers for 75.99. I also grabbed their last 2 Vampyre Castles at 95.99 each.

Of course I put them all on Layaway because I didn't have all the cash upfront. I have until December 15th to pay them off. So this could be a tactic you guys use to fully take advantage of this deal.

I know that everyone loves to hate on TRU, but sometimes their sales can be exploited. I personally don't care where I buy from, as long as I can make money off of the stuff I buy. Plus, these items sell for much more on Amazon than Ebay, which is the sales vehicle my store is on, so I'm in good shape as far as profit is concerned.