Lego S@H Christmas Freebie 'Cancelled'?

Stud-u-like

If worse comes to worse and Lego does end up implementing a "one promo per household" rule in all cases, just be prepared to adapt and move on. If there's one thing 16 years of selling on eBay has taught me, it's how to deal with change.  :rofl:

If they do that kind of limiting, they're basically just making those exclusives even more valuable, and at the end of the day all we as sellers end up doing is passing along our additional expense (in this case, not getting as many of the promos to resell to mitigate the cost of our other purchases) to our own customers down the line.

What's annoying, and I'm as tetchy about it as anyone, is to be in this current state of flux where they seem to be trying to play the "oh, our crystal ball says you're a leper - I mean reseller!, GOTCHA!" game or they're just incompetent at implementing and standardizing a new policy, or both.

Presumably they will get that ironed out and start applying the same algorithm to everyone and we'll all at least know or be able to make better guesses at what the "real limits" are, and from there we decide what to buy, when to buy, how to buy, how many hoops we want to jump through to game the system, and how much we have to increase our prices to cover our cost of goods sold.

Limiting 1 per household promos will def. stop be from placing 10-20 orders each promo period. There really is no point in paying full msrp at lego when I can get most sets at walmart .. target.. ect for way below msrp. I really hope they dont start limiting the promos for online orders.

• Like 1

Has anyone received more than one 40082 Christmas tree stand?

Sure. I think I have 6 so far. But they are from 6 different orders. If you meant more than 1 in one order, then my answer is no.

I have received three 40082. One via a LEGO Shop at Home order, and two today in the Lego store. I made one purchase in the morning (Winter Village Market) and then went for lunch. We came back a few hours later for a second (met the minimum purchase with lots of PAB cups). There was essentially the same staff in store, and they didn't have any objections. They even assisted with digging through the PAB inventory in the back so I could get all of what I came for. They said they had "at least a few dozen boxes" of the promo sets left...not sure how many sets to a box...I'm thinking 6-8 based on what I saw in store. All purchases were made on the same VIP account.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that they ran out.  I just went to place a few orders and the christmas set was not auto included.  I also noticed on 12 other others recently that the christmas set was included but the polybag was not.  I am having to rethink with even the double VIP as the aftermarket sale of the freebie reduces the net cost of the items I was looking at purchasing.  If you count the pennies the dollars will take care of themselves.

Yea, the Christmas promo is no longer mentioned on the shop front page (as it was previously) which tells me they ran out. I only made one order, and I didn't get a polybag of any sort, and that was a couple weeks ago. So I am not sure what the polybag offer was. (I did get a Lego store minifigure though)

I have 6 xmas sets on the way from LEGO Shop at Home. The last order shipped on Monday 28/10. Shipping statuses all indicated they were shipped with the bonus set. We'll see if it's true when I get them.

I got 4 from the Calgary store before they ran out of the set on the 20th. I called a couple of times after and they received no new shipment and was told to shop online. Essentially they ran out of the set in less than a week.

I have one opened and 9 to sell. Though I'm hanging on to them til I get the 2nd set. :)

Guest TabbyBoy

I was going to say something along the same thing. I ordered the HH tonight and the promo showed up on my email confirmation. I'm not a big investor but would like the

You may if it's your first order but, maybe not if it's your second.  I had nothing in subsequent orders.  Mine showed up in confirmation but, not in "Your Lego order has been shipped" email.

I put in six separate orders since Oct 14, each "Order has been shipped" email includes the bonus set. I think it helps if you wait til your previous order has shipped before ordering a new one.

Guest TabbyBoy

I put in six separate orders since Oct 14, each "Order has been shipped" email includes the bonus set. I think it helps if you wait til your previous order has shipped before ordering a new one.

I always waited until I actually received the shipment before I placed the next order.  Obviously they just hate me. ;-(

Since multiple promos no longer happen for me, I now shop elsewhere.

I now wish that I'd ordered 99 Haunted Houses and then returned 98 of them for the hell of it.

Based on the varying experiences posted here, they seem to be trying (and often failing, at least for now) to enforce the "one per household" rule. If you ordered late in the month and hadn't got one yet, they may simply have run out at whatever distribution center services your area.

You can call and ask, just in case it was accidentally omitted. If that's the case, they'll send you a new one.

Guest TabbyBoy

This is odd as I found LEGO Shop at Home customer service to be excellent up until now.  They can't have run out if other UK buyers in my area still get the promos.

I believe LEGO LEGO Shop at Home and many of the B&M stores have run out of the promo.  I do believe it states in the catalog - page 3 at the bottom (US Version): Offer ends October 31.  While supplies last.  Remember it is a "Limited Edition".  Just a warning but #2 is going to have less production and will probably sell out on Brick Friday. 

I believe LEGO LEGO Shop at Home and many of the B&M stores have run out of the promo.  Just a warning but #2 is going to have less production and will probably sell out on Brick Friday. 

Indeed, our Calgary store ran out of #1 by the 20th and never restocked. I'm planning to order online as soon as #2 is available early Friday morning to secure at least one set. Though I'm counting on the fact "Black Friday" isn't that big of a deal here in Canada.

Why don't you just wait and see what's in the box?

Forgot to update on this... sure enough the box had no freebie but curiously all the subsequent LEGO Shop at Home orders placed in my name (as opposed to the girlfriends) came with the Christmas set, every one. So I really don't have much to complain about as I'm now sitting on over a dozen sets.

Interesting that TLG appears to randomly enforce purchase restrictions with online accounts.

Guest eightbrick

Indeed, our Calgary store ran out of #1 by the 20th and never restocked. I'm planning to order online as soon as #2 is available early Friday morning to secure at least one set. Though I'm counting on the fact "Black Friday" isn't that big of a deal here in Canada.

Are you going in store as well? If you are I might see you. I got the first one the first day and the whole back counter (where the PAB cups come from) was filled with them. Surprised they ran out so fast.

Are you going in store as well? If you are I might see you. I got the first one the first day and the whole back counter (where the PAB cups come from) was filled with them. Surprised they ran out so fast.

Yep, I'll try to go on Friday after work, which I try to avoid (traffic). But for sure on the Saturday. 

Yeah with 2x points bricktober AND the giveaway going concurrently it was bound to happen.

My latest order didn't come with the Christmas freebie so I have customer service number to inquire about the situation. She replied that they were out as I expected her to say. I politely asked if there was anything that they could do to replace it and she offered up a mini vw camper. Lego employees aren't all evil. I'm a happy customer

• Like 1

Here is my answer straight from Lego:

Dear Alpha,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We are sorry to hear the free Holiday set was cancelled off your order. Unfortunately, this set was while supplies last and we had run out of the item in the warehouse which is why it did not make it in your order and was cancelled off your invoice. Understandably, this is upsetting for you so please accept my sincerest apologies. We would never want to do anything to upset anyone in any way, intentionally or unintentionally.

We try really hard to make sure everything we do is imaginative, creative and fun, just like our toys. I'm sorry to hear you think we got it wrong this time.

Listening to what LEGO

• Like 1