Lego S@H Christmas Freebie 'Cancelled'?

Stud-u-like

I'm with Josh and others on this one. My plan was to buy the new holiday market set this month during the promo because we build them as Christmas decor for December. I'm not a completist, but my wife really likes the winter theme and wants that particular promo set. Hearing that the promo is removed after checkout will impact my decision to buy online or in my local LEGO store. The only reason I was going to order online at all was to also get the LEGO store employee poly. I certainly don't need to rethink why I'm buying in the first place.

I'm with Josh and others on this one. My plan was to buy the new holiday market set this month during the promo because we build them as Christmas decor for December. I'm not a completist, but my wife really likes the winter theme and wants that particular promo set. Hearing that the promo is removed after checkout will impact my decision to buy online or in my local LEGO store. The only reason I was going to order online at all was to also get the LEGO store employee poly. I certainly don't need to rethink why I'm buying in the first place.

Then buy the polybag on Ebay and Winter market in Store you still get double VIP points so you get all you're after...

I have 2 VIP accounts in the household, myself and my girlfriend, this order was in fact my girlfriends but maybe on looking at the shipping address for the town hall I ordered the day before TLG twigged and have withheld the 2nd Freebie set.

If this is the case then I guess that's fair enough, I just didn't appreciate how thorough the LEGO Shop at Home disciplines have become. The mini camper arrived with each order and last years Christmas set did too, oh well, at least this way TLG have helped make the set more exclusive. Maybe they do love lego investors after all?

Just as I suspected. You see TLG actually spent some $$$ modifying their order system in 2013. This is the first big "sale" that they have rolled the new order system out on. One promo per address. They also filled some other cracks in the system to curb hoarding. 

The reason they do not let you know prior to clicking buy if your promo will get deleted is that once your order is placed it is automatically put on hold and is reviewed by a real person. This is why some orders will still slip through the cracks and will get more than one promo but most will get deleted. This manual review was implemented as a result of the huge amounts of credit card fraud TLG incurred in 2012 and is now used to curb hoarding among other tools.

Guest TabbyBoy

Iv'e had pollybags removed if I have more than one order going though LEGO Shop at Home. Just space your orders out, if that's the case. Stomping

I space mine out at least weekly and don't make the next order until the previous one has been delivered.  I have spend a shlt load this year so, they may be getting wise on me.

Guest TabbyBoy

Just ordered a UCS X-Wing.  The promo worked for me.

I was thinking of one of those too but, I reckon it's way over-priced in the UK.  However, you seem to think the force is strong in that one?

If I recall correctly, there were instances of promos being missing or being doubled up before shipment during the vw mini promo. There was alot of speculation at that time also. In the end everyone got one promo per order. None missing. None doubled. Give it time. Im guessing the promo shows up in the shipment (at least I have my fingers crossed for you!).

• Like 1

Strong enough.  With the freebies and double VIP points, it's about the best deal you can expect in the near future.

Exactly why I started this post, Double VIP and freebies definitely persuade me to buy sets I wouldn't normally buy, that's just basic retailing at work. I had planned on an x wing too given that the Christmas set is good for

Why is that rude?

If you only order because of Freebies maybe you should rethink why you're buying LEGO to be honest.

Now that reply is rude!

Lego store is obviously the cheapest online yes...well no actually, and if you make a purchase knowing that u can get a freebie with a certain value on the secondary market then that influences your decision. Telling someone that they should rethink why your buying lego on an investment site when all that person was doing is getting the bet possible deal for himself is plain stupid!

Regardless of wether lego can cancel at any time is not the point the op was making, personally, if it wasnt an exclusive set i would reject the order, so yes these "extras" that lego promote do help make buying decisions and help towards getting a good deal. It was well rude! Lol

Sorry had to rant then.

• Like 1

Now that reply is rude!

Lego store is obviously the cheapest online yes...well no actually, and if you make a purchase knowing that u can get a freebie with a certain value on the secondary market then that influences your decision. Telling someone that they should rethink why your buying lego on an investment site when all that person was doing is getting the bet possible deal for himself is plain stupid!

Regardless of wether lego can cancel at any time is not the point the op was making, personally, if it wasnt an exclusive set i would reject the order, so yes these "extras" that lego promote do help make buying decisions and help towards getting a good deal. It was well rude! Lol

Sorry had to rant then.

Just read up to bolded and red part... you pretty much self answered your rant lol

No idea what you are trying to imply, but judging by your recent posts not that interested in what you have to say.

There are a few on every forum, but as trolls go, ours are pretty mild in comparison with most sites.

(Good job spotting early, it'll make your life here more pleasant. And, Alcarin is not 100% troll - I have actually seen him post useful things a time or three.)

We all fall for him at first (well, at least I did :twitch:  ), and hopefully he hasn't actually run off any newbies who aren't familiar with the tactics from other sites.

• Like 1

There is no need to argue it.... TLG CAN do it IF they want to do it... I dont understand whats wrong with it... go to the court if you/he thinks he got ripped and see if he wins it... I personally do not think TLG did anything wrong. (even if we ignore the waste of time for 10-15$) just like they denied 1 member the purchase here AFTER he clicked ''buy'' on LEGO Shop at Home because he was banned from purchasing at LEGO store/s ....  

FAIL.

• Like 1