Lego S@H Christmas Freebie 'Cancelled'?

Stud-u-like

Why is that rude?

If you only order because of Freebies maybe you should rethink why you're buying LEGO to be honest.

I think it's rude that they just cancel a customer offer with no reason or recompense, and with all due, I also think my decision to purchase lego sets at a time when I can take advantage of the best offers also makes good financial sense so I'm not really sure a great deal of 'rethinking' is necessary.

• Like 5

I think it's rude that they just cancel a customer offer with no reason or recompense, and with all due, I also think my decision to purchase lego sets at a time when I can take advantage of the best offers also makes good financial sense so I'm not really sure a great deal of 'rethinking' is necessary.

If i recall correctly there is small print where it says LEGO (TLG) has the right to cancel any offers or orders as they please without explanation....

So i dont think this is anything to complain about ...

I still think you should buy LEGO sets for the set not for the freebies .... they are jsut possible bonus. This time it seems there is not a bonus involved because for TLG reasons it got canceled.

The one of main reasons for this website is maximize savings and profits when buying Legos. One way to do that is maximize freebies when Legos offer it. We try to min/max every possible savings and benefit we can get when buying Legos. But sure...yeah, everyone forget about savings and promos. We should all just be buying Legos and never get upset about losing a promo or a savings.

Come on man. I would be upset to if my free gift was cancelled after the fact. I would probably cancel my order.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I ordered another Fire Brigade last week and also noticed that the promo was removed when I got the "Shipped" email.  I'll wait and see if it does arrive or not.  I won't be surprised or that bothered (I was earlier) if I don't get it as I expect they are running short and want most customers to have one.  Anyway, I can't grumble as all 8 orders I placed last month had a mini VW Camper in the box.

Remember, you order Lego set because you want them, not just for the promo.  Double-VIP is still good though, innit?

The one of main reasons for this website is maximize savings and profits when buying Legos. One way to do that is maximize freebies when Legos offer it. We try to min/max every possible savings and benefit we can get when buying Legos. But sure...yeah, everyone forget about savings and promos. We should all just be buying Legos and never get upset about losing a promo or a savings.

Come on man. I would be upset to if my free gift was cancelled after the fact. I would probably cancel my order.

Ofcourse, but still I think LEGO has the right to cancel freebies if I recall correctly....

I am not saying its right but only that they have the right to.  

What i am saying is if someone would cancel their entire order because they do not get a polybag freebie then I personally think he should not have bought it in the first place if its only worthwhile to buy it with freebie.... freebie should be a bonus, an extra saving after its already worthwhile to buy the set itself :P

I think its a good lesson learned for all of those buying from LEGO Shop at Home, now all LEGO has to do is refuse order canceling and if you do it too many times aborting VIP status or something so noone can play the system again....

I think LEGO will slowly fix the loopholes ...

But ye I agree it sucks to be left without freebie but life is full of ups and downs maybe next time you'll see an extra Chima set in your order again (like it happened some months ago) Sometimes you win sometimes you lose :P 

Alcarin, if you celebrate Christmas with your family, I hope they decide not to give you any gifts this year and donate the funds to a charity in your name instead.  Without telling you first... so that you have bought them gifts already.  I am sure you will not be disappointed.  It is their decision to make and it would be a good thing to give back to those in need.

As far as LEGO canceling a promotion, I know that the small print says they can cancel the promotion at their discretion.  However, their ordering system has to be smart enough that when you place an order it doesn't allow the promotion to show up in your cart before you click "Buy".  Once you are presented that offer in your cart with your purchase and click "Buy", LEGO needs to honor that transaction or break trust with their customer.  That is what we call Bad Business.

If I was in the LEGO store and did the same transaction, and they tried to pull the promo item out of my bag as I left the store, I can promise you they would have to call security.

• Like 3

Luckily I do not celebrate X-mas (of any sort) but thanks for your good wishes! I'll keep them in mind and hope that happens to you instead of you spreading the love  :santa:  :santa:  :santa:

When you click BUY and promotion shows it is valued at 0 so you aren ot buying it so there is no law forcing them to honor it.... Didnt there some guy who was banned from LEGO store buying also clicked Buy and then LEGO support did not honor his click on ''Buy'' and instead canceled the order....

its the same here... They can do anything they like and you can not shop there if you (or me or anyone) do not like it...

Luckily I do not celebrate X-mas (of any sort) but thanks for your good wishes! I'll keep them in mind and hope that happens to you instead of you spreading the love  :santa:  :santa:  :santa:

When you click BUY and promotion shows it is valued at 0 so you aren ot buying it so there is no law forcing them to honor it.... Didnt there some guy who was banned from LEGO store buying also clicked Buy and then LEGO support did not honor his click on ''Buy'' and instead canceled the order....

its the same here... They can do anything they like and you can not shop there if you (or me or anyone) do not like it...

It is interesting to me that you avoided my point entirely.  The in store and online shopping experiences need to be the same.  My point about having it in the bag as I leave the store would have most people agreeing that it is a problem for them to try to take the promotional set out of my bag. 

Online, it is exactly the same situation.  I have given them the funds and they have put the items in my bag... it just happens that the bag has to be shipped to me, but it is still my bag.  If something in my shipped bag was damaged, LEGO would replace it, because that is the contract that is made when I clicked "Buy".  The same contract holds for the promotional set if it was in my shopping cart when I checked out online. 

I love TLG, and I know that they don't do business this way... they would do something to make this right with their loyal customer.  They have always done right by me.

It is the same as stealing, either way you look at it.  Whether they take it out of your bag as you are trying to leave the store, or they take it out of the box on the UPS truck before it gets to you.

Alcarin, I would love to see an intelligent response from you that argues this point. 

If I ordered a set with the understanding that I was receiving a "bonus" set along with it and I didn't get it, I would be upset as well.  A company should be able to monitor inventory better than that.  I believe it is false advertising to entice you with an extra set, then send you through checkout with the understanding that your will receive the set, then cancel the bonus set after the order was completed.  

As for Alcarin...I guess your parents didn't hug you enough.

• Like 4

It is interesting to me that you avoided my point entirely.  The in store and online shopping experiences need to be the same.  My point about having it in the bag as I leave the store would have most people agreeing that it is a problem for them to try to take the promotional set out of my bag. 

Online, it is exactly the same situation.  I have given them the funds and they have put the items in my bag... it just happens that the bag has to be shipped to me, but it is still my bag.  If something in my shipped bag was damaged, LEGO would replace it, because that is the contract that is made when I clicked "Buy".  The same contract holds for the promotional set if it was in my shopping cart when I checked out online. 

I love TLG, and I know that they don't do business this way... they would do something to make this right with their loyal customer.  They have always done right by me.

It is the same as stealing, either way you look at it.  Whether they take it out of your bag as you are trying to leave the store, or they take it out of the box on the UPS truck before it gets to you.

Alcarin, I would love to see an intelligent response from you that argues this point. 

There is no need to argue it.... TLG CAN do it IF they want to do it... I dont understand whats wrong with it... go to the court if you/he thinks he got ripped and see if he wins it... I personally do not think TLG did anything wrong. (even if we ignore the waste of time for 10-15$) just like they denied 1 member the purchase here AFTER he clicked ''buy'' on LEGO Shop at Home because he was banned from purchasing at LEGO store/s ....  

There is no need to argue it.... TLG CAN do it IF they want to do it... I dont understand whats wrong with it... go to the court if you/he thinks he got ripped and see if he wins it... I personally do not think TLG did anything wrong. (even if we ignore the waste of time for 10-15$) just like they denied 1 member the purchase here AFTER he clicked ''buy'' on S@H because he was banned from purchasing at LEGO store/s ....  

You are right, LEGO can do what they want...it's in the fine print, but to me, it's the little things that tick off customers.  This is one.  LEGO was always known to have exceptional customer service.  They always seemed to treat all their customers well and equally.  Now, it appears in their quest to destroy resellers, there is a lot of collateral damage taking place to innocent LEGO fans.  

Have you received the promo set already from another order previously? It clearly states one per household so that may be the issue. 

I have 2 VIP accounts in the household, myself and my girlfriend, this order was in fact my girlfriends but maybe on looking at the shipping address for the town hall I ordered the day before TLG twigged and have withheld the 2nd Freebie set.

If this is the case then I guess that's fair enough, I just didn't appreciate how thorough the LEGO Shop at Home disciplines have become. The mini camper arrived with each order and last years Christmas set did too, oh well, at least this way TLG have helped make the set more exclusive. Maybe they do love lego investors after all?

I have 2 VIP accounts in the household, myself and my girlfriend, this order was in fact my girlfriends but maybe on looking at the shipping address for the town hall I ordered the day before TLG twigged and have withheld the 2nd Freebie set.

If this is the case then I guess that's fair enough, I just didn't appreciate how thorough the LEGO Shop at Home disciplines have become. The mini camper arrived with each order and last years Christmas set did too, oh well, at least this way TLG have helped make the set more exclusive. Maybe they do love lego investors after all?

Lego does like small investors that buy three or four of a set. What they do not like are the people who buy 100+ of a set.

Whether TLG has the ability to cancel promos anytime they want or whatever is one thing, but it's bad business ethics to wait until after "checkout" is complete to tell you they've done so. I wouldn't mind if it was a case of them removing it from your cart before you checked out, but dropping it from your order after you've paid seems pretty deceptive to me. If they are out, they need to communicate that or drop all indication of the promo from the site, not cancel the order after you pay.

• Like 4

This is a site for investors AND collectors. When you're investing in something you hope to get the best deal possible when you purchase an item and for many of the exclusives it means ordering from LEGO Shop at Home; and we all know when ordering through LEGO Shop at Home that often means paying retail. An investor pays retail with the hopes that the polybag can be resold to recoup some of your initial cost. As a collector when TLG offers a special promo along with your order or double VIP points or both you are more likely to place your order at that time. Especially when that promo is something you really want.

I am more of a collector than an investor. I personally only buy exclusives and "hard to find" from LEGO Shop at Home and only when when there is a promo I want, like Jor-El or the holiday sets, because those are items I want for my personal collection and it makes sense. Other than that I can get most other sets discounted by other realtors. If TLG runs out of a promo set or they exercise their rights to refuse it to me for some reason then I wait on that big purchase and order the promo on eBay. Luckily I haven't had them cancel a freebie on me..

We all know buying directly from TLG can be frustrating with the lack of discounts and the vast number of exclusions when they do have them. The promo takes the sting out of paying the high prices.

Does that mean I need to reevaluate why I purchase LEGO? No. Does it mean I'm a bit of a cheapskate? You bet!

Stud-U-Like I'm sorry they canceled your freebie, that sucks. Hopefully you can get the next one!