10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

I didn't hit my goal

Haven't posted in a while, basically been lurking for the past several months...

Anyway, crazy that this is at "call to check availability" now.  I thought we might have another 6 months or so.  But, kind of exciting as I have bought 4 of these over the last two months with the various promos/double points.  My goal was to get to around 10...that doesn't look like it will happen now.

This is a fantastic set.  I haven't been able to stop looking at the box since I got my first one a couple months ago...

-Jeff

I had an aggressive goal I wanted to hit with this set but Haunted Houses kept showing up in my Target and Amazon shopping cart.  Then the Town Hall did its thing.  I have a couple, but not nearly as many as I would like.  That's okay, because I am trying to avoid the temptation of greed with this game.

If its in fact gone, and I believe it is, it went rather quietly with everything else going on (Cyber Monday, SSD/TH/HH/SC showing up on Amazon, MineCraft flips, corndog deals and a host of other factors).  I wonder if the mid-level investor was caught off guard with this set?  I think the pros got their fill early and often but time will tell if everyone else was distracted.

Hopefully this shows up on Amazon and other sites sporadically so the few that missed out can grab a couple here and there.  I don't see it reviving like the GE.

And for the record, Ed did give us plenty of warnings on this one if you were paying attention.

I needed one more day for Amazon limit to reset.... but would've probably procrastinated and end up missing two more anyways. 

When will I ever learn.  :sorry:

On the bright side I get to join the F5ing lottery. 

Yeah, something about winning the F5 lottery is much more gratifying than simply buying the boring way.  Plus, you get to complain about the box condition when it shows up!  Win-win.

• Like 3

I didn't hit my goal

I had an aggressive goal I wanted to hit with this set but Haunted Houses kept showing up in my Target and Amazon shopping cart.  Then the Town Hall did its thing.  I have a couple, but not nearly as many as I would like.  That's okay, because I am trying to avoid the temptation of greed with this game.

If its in fact gone, and I believe it is, it went rather quietly with everything else going on (Cyber Monday, SSD/TH/HH/SC showing up on Amazon, MineCraft flips, corndog deals and a host of other factors).  I wonder if the mid-level investor was caught off guard with this set?  I think the pros got their fill early and often but time will tell if everyone else was distracted.

Hopefully this shows up on Amazon and other sites sporadically so the few that missed out can grab a couple here and there.  I don't see it reviving like the GE.

And for the record, Ed did give us plenty of warnings on this one if you were paying attention.

As a noob lego investor, I put much of my limited funds into this one, have about 6 and started buying them this past summer. I am ok with how many I got. I don't have a lot of money to throw around.

Well How Many missed the Boat on this set. This set will always be big money, and if they make a Big Batcave or a Bruce wayne manor it will make the Batman Ayslum even more popular. I been posting for 2 years to get the AA when ever you can, I no some guys have been buying these, but most likely alot of guys on here don't have any or just a few. Batman sets will always be good money makers. So if see the AA get as many as you can. Ed

I managed to get 4 for now. Planning to buy one more at least.

I fully agree with Ed. Buy as many as you can. Financially speaking offcourse. I am putting all my resources into this but have to choose. Am I happy with the four I have? Yes. Would I buy more if I could? Offcourse! But I also had to buy TH's, HE's, PS's, GE's, SSD's, R2's, etc. It has been an expensive year for all of us.

I would say: Buy as many as you can and want to afford.

The Batcave is nearly 3/5th of the price.  Easier to to buy for those parents and AFOLs on a budget .  who know, maybe Lego has a replacement $160ish in the works.  no idea what.  maybe it's marvel's time?  bigger batcave?

This is Batman we are talking about here.  The Bat Cave had no problem resurrecting itself earlier this year so who knows if Asylum is really gone or not.  I know they are in different categories but still...

well, not all batman sets (e.g. Funhouse because of TRU) but i think we get your meaning.  honestly, many members have been posting since this set was released (and other sets) that it "will" or "should"  be a winner.   you are one of many here.

not sure it's beneficial to ask people how many of them missed the boat on this one.  maybe it's better to all "toast" together once it finally retires. 

Well How Many missed the Boat on this set. This set will always be big money, and if they make a Big Batcave or a Bruce wayne manor it will make the Batman Ayslum even more popular. I been posting for 2 years to get the AA when ever you can, I know some guys have been buying these, but most likely alot of guys on here don't have any or just a few. Batman sets will always be good money makers. So if see the AA get as many as you can. Ed

• Like 1