10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

Still, cancelled orders are a nice part of the dance (even if in the EU). 

Anyone think the Tumbler and possibly a UCS Batcave is the reason this is on the way out? I believe Wayne Manor Ideas is being reviewed, so TLG knows there is demand for a larger UCS type House/Batcave. With Ed hinting large exclusives are getting a reduction in total number, something has to give...even a popular set like AA might be on the chopping block.

Anyone think the Tumbler and possibly a UCS Batcave is the reason this is on the way out? I believe Wayne Manor Ideas is being reviewed, so TLG knows there is demand for a larger UCS type House/Batcave. With Ed hinting large exclusives are getting a reduction in total number, something has to give...even a popular set like AA might be on the chopping block.

They'd never make an official UCS version of a location rather than a vehicle or other "thing" like a lightsaber. Location sets are meant to be played with, and the UCS sets are meant to be displayed--they gotta look good from all angles. That's why the Death Star and Ewok Village weren't UCS sets--just big and expensive with lots of minifigs.

That's not to say they won't do a big, expensive version of Wayne Manor or the Batcave--just that they won't be UCS.

• Like 1

My gut tells me a big Batcave is coming. 6860 was an amazing seller and I think they kept it around an extra year while they built a big exclusive Batcave/Wayne Manor. If it is coming AA leaving makes sense. 

• Like 1

Very few sets are labeled UCS anymore.  I just go by the numbering scheme.  AA and Ewok Village are numbered as if they were UCS sets.  Close enough for government work, as they say.  No reason why they can't make a giant, super detailed Batcave.  It could hardly fail to sell.  Depending on the price point, though, it might hold back 6860.

Well How Many missed the Boat on this set. This set will always be big money, and if they make a Big Batcave or a Bruce wayne manor it will make the Batman Ayslum even more popular. I been posting for 2 years to get the AA when ever you can, I no some guys have been buying these, but most likely alot of guys on here don't have any or just a few. Batman sets will always be good money makers. So if see the AA get as many as you can. Ed

• Like 7

Well How Many missed the Boat on this set. This set will always be big money, and if they make a Big Batcave or a Bruce wayne manor it will make the Batman Ayslum even more popular. I been posting for 2 years to get the AA when ever you can, I no some guys have been buying these, but most likely alot of guys on here don't have any or just a few. Batman sets will always be good money makers. So if see the AA get as many as you can. Ed

That's not cryptic?

• Like 1

Anyone else not enamored with this same old schtick?

I like it like I like my dad's old sayings...which he has been using for the past thirty years.

Still, tough to argue...Batman sets do well, this set is cool...if it doesn't get a 4 year run like a couple of modulars we know, the returns should be solid.

• Like 2

Sadly I regressed back to collecting only because education fees ate up all of my capital. No multiples for me now.

However fortunately I can always order Sold Out stuff for a few weeks from some Hungarian stores. Actually, the AA I ordered today from a web shop cost $20 less than the s@h version corrected with VIP and 5%. With having the ice skating promo sent out I believe this was the cheapest way to get this set.

Actually, you can still get the SSD here $50 below MSRP (still only slightly below $480...).

I bought a few AA based on Ed's recommendation, otherwise I would have ignored it.

Haven't posted in a while, basically been lurking for the past several months...

Anyway, crazy that this is at "call to check availability" now.  I thought we might have another 6 months or so.  But, kind of exciting as I have bought 4 of these over the last two months with the various promos/double points.  My goal was to get to around 10...that doesn't look like it will happen now.

This is a fantastic set.  I haven't been able to stop looking at the box since I got my first one a couple months ago...

-Jeff