Do you other Ebay Sellers use Saturday as a Business Day?

I don't sell as much volume as most of you, but when I see the Paypal payment come through, I usually reply to that, say thanks for quick payment, and tell the buyer when I am putting it in the mail. So if someone buys on Saturday, I just make it clear it goes out Monday. No complaints so far, but again, not as much volume as most of you.

I have had a couple of people complain about slow shipping - which is dumb because I ship out the next day everytime (1 day handling) and I the slowest service I use is First Class which usually still gets there in 3 days across coast.

What I noticed is all these people bought their stuff on Fridays. I don't consider Saturday a business day (neither does Ebay according to seller rules). I will ship some stuff out on Saturday, but usually I wait until Monday as I ship stuff from work and I don't work on weekends.

So I was going to see - Do any of you all use Saturday as an official business day? Do you have this problem if people buy something Friday Night? Is it worth just working Saturday?

I haven't gotten negatives, just feedback with negative sounding comments. Luckily no bad ratings, so I am not sure what the buyers were trying to do.

I usually do not ship on Saturday.... Mainly because I do not go outside before afternoon when our Post Office is closed already....

But I do always inform my buyers which day the shipment will be sent out and when to roughly expect it...

Guest TabbyBoy

My weekends are sacred and I only post on Mon/Wed/Fri and state this in my listings.  No complaints at all so far.  I mainly sell bike components and have not sold any LEGO yet even though, I'd better start soon as I've doubled my money on a lot of sets so far.

Guest TabbyBoy

I ship on saturdays as much as I possibly can(work) but at a minimum have label printed.

As for the labels, I use the peel and stick ones. Thinking of buying a zebra thermal printer once the ones I have run out.

I work for an airline and use an on-demand Brother thermal label printer.  I don't pay for labels as I used old/discontinued airline baggage tag stock with a 4" cutoff set.