Do you other Ebay Sellers use Saturday as a Business Day?

I have had a couple of people complain about slow shipping - which is dumb because I ship out the next day everytime (1 day handling) and I the slowest service I use is First Class which usually still gets there in 3 days across coast.

What I noticed is all these people bought their stuff on Fridays. I don't consider Saturday a business day (neither does Ebay according to seller rules). I will ship some stuff out on Saturday, but usually I wait until Monday as I ship stuff from work and I don't work on weekends.

So I was going to see - Do any of you all use Saturday as an official business day? Do you have this problem if people buy something Friday Night? Is it worth just working Saturday?

I haven't gotten negatives, just feedback with negative sounding comments. Luckily no bad ratings, so I am not sure what the buyers were trying to do.

I have had a couple of people complain about slow shipping - which is dumb because I ship out the next day everytime (1 day handling) and I the slowest service I use is First Class which usually still gets there in 3 days across coast.

What I noticed is all these people bought their stuff on Fridays. I don't consider Saturday a business day (neither does Ebay according to seller rules). I will ship some stuff out on Saturday, but usually I wait until Monday as I ship stuff from work and I don't work on weekends.

So I was going to see - Do any of you all use Saturday as an official business day? Do you have this problem if people buy something Friday Night? Is it worth just working Saturday?

I haven't gotten negatives, just feedback with negative sounding comments. Luckily no bad ratings, so I am not sure what the buyers were trying to do.

I usually just pay for the label via paypal/ebay if they order on saturday but i dont drop it off until Monday. This way if they idiots wont conplain even though there will be a tracking number uploaded saturday when the labels are printed but nothing gets shipped out until Monday .. this keeps the impatient idiots at bay

• Like 1

I usually just pay for the label via paypal/ebay if they order on saturday but i dont drop it off until Monday. This way if they idiots wont conplain even though there will be a tracking number uploaded saturday when the labels are printed but nothing gets shipped out until Monday .. this keeps the impatient idiots at bay

So I should add - I do this as well. But I have gotten people messaging me asking why they see no updates. Lol. Impatient.

I remember 10 years ago on Ebay it was like 3 weeks before I got something. before Paypal I had to send money orders. lol.

I am remembering the old days. 26 and Im old. God help me.

We ship about half the Saturdays of the year - if we're on buying trips on a given Saturday, then Friday after our 10 a.m. cutoff ships Monday.

Do you ever have people complain about it? I notice your feedback is 100% as well so maybe I will be fine, just get a couple of people who throw in an underhanded shot in their feedback description. lol

Do you ship media mail? When I used to sell books for people in college I had trouble with people complaining about how slow media mail was all the time. cant beat the price though.

We do get occasional "negative positive" feedback and have in the past gotten an occasional neg or neutral. People are going to be whacky on eBay no matter what you do. I have had people order things Sunday at 1 a.m. and by 2 a.m. they're saying, "Why haven't you shipped yet?!"

And, we do ship media mail for books as a default free shipping. eBay's media mail estimates are fairly good, so if people pay any attention to them they're not disappointed; and, the USPS has been pretty quick with media mail the past few years, except right around Christmas time.

We offer priority mail shipping as an upgrade on nearly everything, and people do use it. You might consider adding that as a shipping upgrade option on your first class listings.

We're enjoying a run of 100% feedback, but it won't last, it never does. :-)

• Like 1

Saturday isn't a business day. Period.

That said, I'll usually try to get stuff out if I can. The faster people get their stuff, the less they complain, usually. Some people are going to complain no matter what.

USPS has really sped up their Priority delivery times lately. I'll be interested to see how it does around the holidays.

My EBAY store is open 24/7 (unless I close it for Vacation with the vacation settings) and I ship every day of the week (except Sunday and Holidays)  people appreciate the fast service (as would I) and only had a few complaints from idiots that don't realize there are holidays or "off" days for the USPS in between.  Some peoples children.

I always ship either the same day or the next business day, depending on when the item is paid for, and my auctions state this. Usually I get high remarks for speedy delivery, but once in awhile I get the same "negative positive" feedback you are speaking of. This is why I always wait to leave feedback until I receive it from them first. This serves two purposes. One, it lets me know they received the item, and two, it might prevent someone from leaving me a negative positive remark in my feedback if they know they might receive one back. Some people are just stupid and demand the impossible.

Nah its not. Its just a normal one. I use big envelopes though because I hate having to cut the paypal shipping labels. lol

Do you use something similar to this? or just plain paper?

http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Shipping-TrueBlock-Technology-Printers/dp/B000ANLD1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380763677&sr=8-1&keywords=avery+shipping+labels

Nah its not. Its just a normal one. I use big envelopes though because I hate having to cut the paypal shipping labels. lol

Ditto here, plus I have this charming fantasy that if I use a bigger envelope the post office is moderately less likely to lose it behind the nearest piece of postal equipment.

I use paper - I print them straight off ebay onto whatever my work puts in the copier.

Ditto here, plus I have this charming fantasy that if I use a bigger envelope the post office is moderately less likely to lose it behind the nearest piece of postal equipment.

definitely a big part of it for me. Don't want it falling in between anything. I bet it is funny to anyone who gets one as a gift. Giant envelope... tiny fig.

Do you ever have people complain about it? I notice your feedback is 100% as well so maybe I will be fine, just get a couple of people who throw in an underhanded shot in their feedback description. lol

Do you ship media mail? When I used to sell books for people in college I had trouble with people complaining about how slow media mail was all the time. cant beat the price though.

lol if you are sending it media mail you will prob. get neg feedback. Media Mail sometimes takes 2 weeks! not cool

lol if you are sending it media mail you will prob. get neg feedback. Media Mail sometimes takes 2 weeks! not cool

Spoken like someone who doesn't ship media mail much. :-)

I have sold 2200+ eBay listings this year, the vast majority of those are book sales, the vast majority of those are by media mail.

Negative feedback this year so far: 0.

Media mail CAN be slow but is more often not. Book buyers are familiar with it, so it's only the occasional buyer who even cares if it's a little slow, and most of those are reasonable about it.

I'm siding with Brick Broker.  I at least get the labels printed.  I haven't had buyers complain about shipping.  I believe they are happy if they at least see that the item has been packaged.  It gives them security in knowing that you acknowledged that they purchased something from you.  Especially the buyers that pay immediately.  I also leave positive feedback right after I print the label as a way of saying thank you.  That will keep the sharks at bay.