Toys R Us 25% off "Anything" (sale, clearance, reg. price, etc.) Coupon Sept. 19 - 21

exciter1

Just a heads up folks.  Those who bought the Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave and the Technic Limited 4x4 Crawlers 41999 this week and will receive them by Saturday can go into the store and do a return/rebuy without issue to have the 25% off applied to those items.

I also picked up a 25% off Technic Unimog @ $157.50 + tax tonight.

Dang, forgot to look for the Unimog. All the sets I'd hoped to get all were marked up, so no surprise there. Boo TRU.

I did however have 1 thing go right, and although it's totally LEGO and investing unrelated, I must share it here. For any gamers out there that have not picked up GTA5... well, at TRU IT'S actually normal retail price, and not only does the 25% off coupon work, but you get to pick any Rockstar game under $20 for free! So, for me it was $49 after tax for GTA4 & GTA5! I'll sell GTA4 and get $10-$13 after fees. $36, not bad for a brand new Xbox game, from TRU no less.

-PB

I went to Toy 'r' Us today just to see what they might have, and the only set I found at retail price or below was the Robie House.  Since I have been eying this set anyway, I bought 2 at $145 each after 25% discount.  It was to only deal I could find.  Anyone think the Robie House is due to retire?

I went to Toy 'r' Us today just to see what they might have, and the only set I found at retail price or below was the Robie House.  Since I have been eying this set anyway, I bought 2 at $145 each after 25% discount.  It was to only deal I could find.  Anyone think the Robie House is due to retire?

Lego Architecture actually seems like some of them are decent deals. Maybe not for flipping, but great if you think there value will go up.  Fallingwater is a good one to buy. Its at regular price $99.99, so before tax it comes down to $75 with your 25% discount. the only issue is you have to order online/over the phone, as no store carries fallingwater.

Well! Finally I had success at a TRU or so I think?

Found a lonely WeatherTop and snagged and roamed around and found a Bentely Big Ben Bust (Cars 2), which was on clearance for $45.

Before checking out, I saw a bunch of series 10 all piled up and grab all of them (17). I ended up checking out and the cute cashier made me try to open a TRU account. Peer pressure, but it paid off!

Was able to combine both coupons and save 35% the total order.

Walked out feeling decent...

She said I could use the 10% coupon for opening the account at other stores before closing today only! Off to the other store I haven't been to in a while! :P

Wish me luck!

Well! Finally I had success at a TRU or so I think?

Found a lonely WeatherTop and snagged and roamed around and found a Bentely Big Ben Bust (Cars 2), which was on clearance for $45.

Before checking out, I saw a bunch of series 10 all piled up and grab all of them (17). I ended up checking out and the cute cashier made me try to open a TRU account. Peer pressure, but it paid off!

Was able to combine both coupons and save 35% the total order.

Walked out feeling decent...

She said I could use the 10% coupon for opening the account at other stores before closing today only! Off to the other store I haven't been to in a while! :P

Wish me luck!

When I did this I used BOGO, a 25$ off coupon and the 15% they were offering for the card to get 4 Falcons. $80ish each. Twas a good day.

Alright! I am exhausted! :sweat:

Just did a trip around the city for the heck of it at two other Toys R Us and it was crazy...

I wanted to make the most of 35% off, so I headed towards a TRU that had the MF for MSRP! Wow, huh? :shocked:  I was shocked when I called, but they only had one, but I was like it will still be a good deal, so I bought a MF and found another WeatherTop (last one), so made out for both sets at $145, which was not bad.

Almost closing time and decided to rush to another TRU, which had the MF, but marked up! :sick:  $149.99...

I was like, meh, make the most of it, so I did make it with a few minutes to spare and saw that they held it for me at the Guest Service booth, which was cool. I decided to walk towards the clearance aisle, when I saw a cute girl carting some random stuff. I was actually going to run into her, but she stopped and I noticed that there was an interesting unusual Lego set at the top of the cart.

Starring at it, I noticed it was a Harry Potter train set! WTF? (I'm just getting back into the Lego scenes and learning what's new, hot and EOL), so I grabbed it and she was asked, "Are you going to buy that?" I said, "Yeah, is that ok?"

She took it from my hand, smiled and said, "Let me scan it for you..." I was not in the mood for flirting and cuteness, so I was like, "Sure, thanks!" Anyhow, I ended up just gathering myself and went to Guest Service, but forgot to check if any other random stuff was in the cart! LOL

Anyhow, I ended up buying both sets and was shocked at the value of the train.

Interesting night and I guess TRU lost this time... :money: Ended up spending a little over $400 for everything + the minis (which I pulled so many dupes! LOL)

TRU_haul_9-20-2013.jpg

• Like 1

Alright! I am exhausted! :sweat:

Just did a trip around the city for the heck of it at two other Toys R Us and it was crazy...

I wanted to make the most of 35% off, so I headed towards a TRU that had the MF for MSRP! Wow, huh? :shocked:  I was shocked when I called, but they only had one, but I was like it will still be a good deal, so I bought a MF and found another WeatherTop (last one), so made out for both sets at $145, which was not bad.

Almost closing time and decided to rush to another TRU, which had the MF, but marked up! :sick:  $149.99...

I was like, meh, make the most of it, so I did make it with a few minutes to spare and saw that they held it for me at the Guest Service booth, which was cool. I decided to walk towards the clearance aisle, when I saw a cute girl carting some random stuff. I was actually going to run into her, but she stopped and I noticed that there was an interesting unusual Lego set at the top of the cart.

Starring at it, I noticed it was a Harry Potter train set! WTF? (I'm just getting back into the Lego scenes and learning what's new, hot and EOL), so I grabbed it and she was asked, "Are you going to buy that?" I said, "Yeah, is that ok?"

She took it from my hand, smiled and said, "Let me scan it for you..." I was not in the mood for flirting and cuteness, so I was like, "Sure, thanks!" Anyhow, I ended up just gathering myself and went to Guest Service, but forgot to check if any other random stuff was in the cart! LOL

Anyhow, I ended up buying both sets and was shocked at the value of the train.

Interesting night and I guess TRU lost this time... :money: Ended up spending a little over $400 for everything + the minis (which I pulled so many dupes! LOL)

TRU_haul_9-20-2013.jpg

Great find with the HP train.

My store in S dayton OH had most stuff as HOTDEALS. aka msrp. A smoking hot employee asked if i needed help and i explained my dismay. She encouraged me to try the coast guard rescue ship and see if itd ring 20%. I also got some CARS bentley twr (740pcs) for 49($39) and some very old ufo alien set for $39(32) on clrnce. And two SW planets for $7ea.

Went to checkout with said hot employee with a unique wedding band and rang it all up. I could not see if the 20% applied to the HOT item until AFTER the sale though my math was confirmed. It did not. So i returned the coast guard ship just then.

Perhaps another time.

My store in S dayton OH had most stuff as HOTDEALS. aka msrp. A smoking hot employee asked if i needed help and i explained my dismay. She encouraged me to try the coast guard rescue ship and see if itd ring 20%. I also got some CARS bentley twr (740pcs) for 49($39) and some very old ufo alien set for $39(32) on clrnce. And two SW planets for $7ea.

Went to checkout with said hot employee with a unique wedding band and rang it all up. I could not see if the 20% applied to the HOT item until AFTER the sale though my math was confirmed. It did not. So i returned the coast guard ship just then.

Perhaps another time.

At least you talked to a smoking hot employee.

The Soundwaves are online and in all Tru Stores, The Key is to be at the store when they open up in the morning, thats how I got 21 of them,I managed to get 8 this week for $95.25 with the Tru Credit card 25% off sale. now this is going to 4 different Tru stores. Whoever got these should wait for the movie and next Christmas to sell them.

The Soundwaves are online and in all Tru Stores, The Key is to be at the store when they open up in the morning, thats how I got 21 of them,I managed to get 8 this week for $95.25 with the Tru Credit card 25% off sale. now this is going to 4 different Tru stores. Whoever got these should wait for the movie and next Christmas to sell them.

I found two at mine and got the deal on them. Not sure I am going to make it to the other 2 nearest to me - 80 miles away.

I found two at mine and got the deal on them. Not sure I am going to make it to the other 2 nearest to me - 80 miles away.

I was going to order a couple online but waited too long until they were sold out.  All I could find in store was a banged up Acid Storm.  Pass.  My local TRUs suck.

I found it ironic the employee was hot, and the HOTDEALS....were not.  I am thinking if I went right away when the sale started that I could have gotten them at a discount like others did.  But life and work get in the way.  

One day I will be able to live for my hobbies, eat donuts all day with no ill effects and never miss a clearance again.

• Like 1