Toys R Us 25% off "Anything" (sale, clearance, reg. price, etc.) Coupon Sept. 19 - 21

exciter1

It should be illegal. Unbelieveable how bad they are jacking up the prices. They are even higher than their own terrible retail prices.

However, I guaran-damn-tee my store didn't raise them so I'm heading there after work.

are y ou being facetious or serious?  Cause Im guessing mine DID raise their prices like a post hurricane toilet paper run.

are y ou being facetious or serious?  Cause Im guessing mine DID raise their prices like a post hurricane toilet paper run.

Nope serious. They usually don't. I have scored some serious deals. It only works if they had a sale before the week though so the sale prices will still be up. They are super lazy and I know the manager as I come there a lot.

I have gotten 6 Falcons from there for $85 each because they didn't jack the price up before BOGO's. I actually buy a lot from TRU for that reason.

I had a bunch of stuff in my cart so I could use the coupon today, but all the prices have been raised like you said.  There isn't a single lego to buy now except Weathertop at any decent price.  Doesn't it seem like this set has been around a lot for being retired in June?  I keep buying them on sale, but I am starting to get worried there is way over supply.  Should I keep buying at under $45?  Seems like a great price.

I had a bunch of stuff in my cart so I could use the coupon today, but all the prices have been raised like you said.  There isn't a single lego to buy now except Weathertop at any decent price.  Doesn't it seem like this set has been around a lot for being retired in June?  I keep buying them on sale, but I am starting to get worried there is way over supply.  Should I keep buying at under $45?  Seems like a great price.

I have mixed feelings on the set - the figures are pretty amazing, but the rest of the set is... eh.

I think it will grow, but I agree there has been a large supply of them. At the same time, it still wont have an insanely long shelf life so I don't think its a terrible bet. I have 10 now.

I went to my brick and mortar store today to check things out and to possibly use the coupon I received in the mail. They had palpatines arrest reduced to $77, plus the additional 25% off...I still passed. They had y-wings on sale as well, which could also be stacked with the coupon to bring them down to $36...I passed on those as well ( I already have 5 or 6 of them at that price from a previous bogo sale, and its not iconic enough for me).

Here is what I did buy, and I feel really good about it...

60014 coast guard patrol x4

This was priced at $65, but wasn't on sale. It was their regular price, which was weird because retail on this set everywhere else is $80. After the 25% coupon these came down to $48.74 each, which equates to a 39% discount. I bought all four that were on the shelf.

41015 dolphin cruiser x5

Retail at TRU is $70, just like everyone else in town. Tack on the 25% discount and they come down to $52.49 each. Good solid deal on a popular friends set that should be a hot commodity this holiday season. I bought all five that were on the shelf.

Total purchase was 4 coast guard patrols and 5 dolphin cruisers for $482.57 after tax. Total retail on these sets is $706.76 after tax. That's a savings of $224.19, or 32%. Not too shabby for a TRU deal.

I plan on hitting up another store 25 miles away later tonight to clean them out of the same sets. I think these two sets will do well, especially at these entry points.

• Like 1

The last time TRU had a 25% off sale, I visited three locations in my area, and all of the sets I wanted were already marked up to 20% above retail, so it would have been 5% total, which was nowhere near worth it.

Now they give out a 25% off EVERYTHING coupon, and just jack prices up on some stuff and mark "Hot Price" on others so it can't be used.  What a total scam.

I sent TRU an email complaining about it, and got a standard response basically stating "Sorry, that's what we charge and it isn't changing any time soon."

So yeah, I will no longer be wasting my time with TRU.

I went to my brick and mortar store today to check things out and to possibly use the coupon I received in the mail. They had palpatines arrest reduced to $77, plus the additional 25% off...I still passed. They had y-wings on sale as well, which could also be stacked with the coupon to bring them down to $36...I passed on those as well ( I already have 5 or 6 of them at that price from a previous bogo sale, and its not iconic enough for me).

Here is what I did buy, and I feel really good about it...

60014 coast guard patrol x4

This was priced at $65, but wasn't on sale. It was their regular price, which was weird because retail on this set everywhere else is $80. After the 25% coupon these came down to $48.74 each, which equates to a 39% discount. I bought all four that were on the shelf.

41015 dolphin cruiser x5

Retail at TRU is $70, just like everyone else in town. Tack on the 25% discount and they come down to $52.49 each. Good solid deal on a popular friends set that should be a hot commodity this holiday season. I bought all five that were on the shelf.

Total purchase was 4 coast guard patrols and 5 dolphin cruisers for $482.57 after tax. Total retail on these sets is $706.76 after tax. That's a savings of $224.19, or 32%. Not too shabby for a TRU deal.

I plan on hitting up another store 25 miles away later tonight to clean them out of the same sets. I think these two sets will do well, especially at these entry points.

Did the coupon work ok for you when they scanned it, or did they need to do some manual adjustments?  Those two sets were marked "HOT PRICE" on the shelf beside the prices and "HOT PRICE" items are supposed to be excluded, as the verbiage states on the coupon details.

I did go back and was able to do a return/rebuy on the Technic Motorized Excavator (8043) for a grand total after 25% off at $158.99.  I thought that was a good deal, but the lady in front of me was checking out a Technic Unimog and the cashier rang up the 25% coupon and said "Let's see if this works." and she said the total was like $120.56.  I was like, "What's the price on that item?"  She told me the lady had an extra 30% off coupon from her Toys R Us Credit Card rewards.

Did the coupon work ok for you when they scanned it, or did they need to do some manual adjustments?  Those two sets were marked "HOT PRICE" on the shelf beside the prices and "HOT PRICE" items are supposed to be excluded, as the verbiage states on the coupon details.

I did go back and was able to do a return/rebuy on the Technic Motorized Excavator (8043) for a grand total after 25% off at $158.99.  I thought that was a good deal, but the lady in front of me was checking out a Technic Unimog and the cashier rang up the 25% coupon and said "Let's see if this works." and she said the total was like $120.56.  I was like, "What's the price on that item?"  She told me the lady had an extra 30% off coupon from her Toys R Us Credit Card rewards.

Hmmm...interesting. Yes, the manager had to override the sale because the coupon would not scan at first. I figured their system wasn't updated for the sale or something yet. There were no "hot price" tags anywhere in the lego sections, or anywhere else in the store for that matter. It looks like i may have gotten away with one, but if nothing is posted, then it's on them.

I was pretty excited about this sale, so much that I opened a TRU credit account last night. Armed with my temporary card and my 25% off coupon, I went in to my local TRU over lunch and. . .everything had been marked up. I just checked the weekly ad last night (online) and Palpatine's Arrest was listed at $77 - today it was $110. I checked with the clerk and told her I had seen it at $77 in the weekly ad online - they pulled it up and it had changed overnight. They acted like I must be lying or something. Then the clerk tried to tell me "hey you can use a 20% coupon!" like that was some sort of deal. . .after they had marked it up 40% just in time for the "sale." I walked out an unhappy non-customer.

Looks like the online pricing is similarly jacked up - using Palpatine's Arrest as my guide, earlier this week it was listed at $89.99 - now it is $119.99. (Can you tell I've been thinking about buying a couple of these? - Well, not at those prices.)

Just terrible. Maddening. Pick your descriptor to express the frustration.

Hmmm...interesting. Yes, the manager had to override the sale because the coupon would not scan at first. I figured their system wasn't updated for the sale or something yet. There were no "hot price" tags anywhere in the lego sections, or anywhere else in the store for that matter. It looks like i may have gotten away with one, but if nothing is posted, then it's on them.

OK, thanks for clarifying the override.  I thought all the systems should be updated.  Good luck with the others stores.  It will probably help you if you take in your receipt from this purchase.

I've been messing around with combinations of items in my cart at ToysRUs.com and when you apply the FRIENDS25 coupon, they then charge you for shipping.  I chatted with CSR and they said:

Taylor:  Do all the items qualify for the free shipping promotion?

Me: Yes, it was free shipping before I applied the coupon.

Taylor: I see.  The promotional coupon does exclude free shipping orders.

Nope serious. They usually don't. I have scored some serious deals. It only works if they had a sale before the week though so the sale prices will still be up. They are super lazy and I know the manager as I come there a lot.

I have gotten 6 Falcons from there for $85 each because they didn't jack the price up before BOGO's. I actually buy a lot from TRU for that reason.

And I'd bet that this particular TRU has higher revenue than most, because hey actually move sets... Silly TRU...

And I'd bet that this particular TRU has higher revenue than most, because hey actually move sets... Silly TRU...

Lol probably. I have spent probably 2K in the last 3-4 months there which is probably more than most of the biggest sellers here do at any TRU. That is why.

They are also pretty awesome people. Everyone that works there is helpful and nice. Its honestly a great atmosphere. I wish they had normal pricing, I wouldn't shop anywhere else.

Just a heads up folks.  Those who bought the Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave and the Technic Limited 4x4 Crawlers 41999 this week and will receive them by Saturday can go into the store and do a return/rebuy without issue to have the 25% off applied to those items.

I also picked up a 25% off Technic Unimog @ $157.50 + tax tonight.