Minecraft - general discussion

TheOrcKing

Don't fear the creeper.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End
  2. 2. Which is your least favorite Minecraft micro world?

• 21102 - The Forest
    • 21105 - The Village
    • 21106 - The Nether
    • 21107 - The End

On 6/28/2020 at 2:42 PM, freakchem said:

My son refuses to play the nether since he is scared...

The Nether is a deadly landscape even playing on peaceful ....and this update does very little to make it 'less worse'. Ha. I admit for myself, the floating Ghast with its wails like that of an infant changeling still just creeps me out.

Right now some of my favorite additions to the game from the update other than the new blocks and biomes would be the new music tracks such as "Pigstep" by Lena Raine and the general ambience like the sounds used when traversing the Basalt Deltas in particular (reminds me of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, donbee said:

There’s a winner!

I caught up on the Minecraft Live events and am so looking forward to finding the adorable Allay in the wild!

The other two mobs were good as well. The Glare had a unique appearance and the Copper Golem would have been interesting for redstone builds (not to mention the addition of copper buttons) but the Allay is just so cute! Its item collecting mechanic will be fun to try out when that mainline update lands sometime next year.

Also, frogs!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, donbee said:

When does it make its first appearance in the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The closest I heard was to be part of the "Wild Update" with a tentative sometime in 2022. I would like to say at least around by June or July on all platforms. That would match the mainline "Caves & Cliffs part 1" update of this year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some cute ideas, overall just okay. I like The Mushroom House; it's something I would do in game, could build a larger scale forest with more of the set, and cheapest way to get a Mooshroom I think. Fox Lodge has a printed map from the back shots. Weird getting a Creeper right as it is exploding in The Creeper Ambush but good for animators.

2 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Agreed. The best one is the one with the guardians imo, and only because of the guardians and the new sea creatures (I forget what my kid told me they were called).

Axolotls.

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

all minecraft slated to retire is gone off shelves pretty much everywhere.......except for

LEGO Minecraft The Pillager Outpost 21159 

20 at amazon, 10 at target and walmart has too. 

Illusion of plentitude or is this either less in demand or super overproduced?

I think people are buying this set just for the Iron Golem. And check out what is in LEGO Minecraft The Jungle Abomination 21176.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

all minecraft slated to retire is gone off shelves pretty much everywhere.......except for

LEGO Minecraft The Pillager Outpost 21159 

20 at amazon, 10 at target and walmart has too. 

Illusion of plentitude or is this either less in demand or super overproduced?

For a Pillager Outpost it is missing the most prominent feature, the tower. If the Lego company were to release that later on its own as The Pillager Tower perhaps then this scene would be complete. Otherwise, it is only half done. As things stand this set is the cheapest way to acquire the crossbow wielding Pillagers with some pumpkin heads and an Iron Golem. Nothing standout-ish design wise really without the tower looming above anyway.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

since this last update my son's Minecraft game will not load fully.

it being summer vacation, needless to say this warrants an all out catastrophe level crisis

He is playing off the game disc and I have tried unplugging the Xbox and a reset (saving apps and game info), and as a last resort I tried unloading and reloading the game,  This has caused the game to play but only at it's earliest version (1.2 I think)...and it won't update.

please send help

since this last update my son's Minecraft game will not load fully.
it being summer vacation, needless to say this warrants an all out catastrophe level crisis
He is playing off the game disc and I have tried unplugging the Xbox and a reset (saving apps and game info), and as a last resort I tried unloading and reloading the game,  This has caused the game to play but only at it's earliest version (1.2 I think)...and it won't update.
please send help

Several folks ai know have reported similar issues in the last week or so with their kids copies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're not on console over here, my 5-year-old plays on her Amazon Fire tablet (creates a new world every few days) and I play on PC.

So sorry for this crisis.

I was happy to see the new Bedrock/Java combination on PC. I've wanted to check out Java edition but didn't want to pay for the game a another time. 

• 3 months later...