Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - October 2013

siddji

I got mine from Amazon IT. Seems now Amazon Europe is no longer shipping to other countries. Can't figure out way. They get far more business from the UK , US and Canada. Maybe Lego has told them to stop it as the cheaper prices are affecting their sales. If emazers wasn't around I think Lego would have to go into liquidation. P.S don't you know everything is bigger in America except Lego prices which are smaller than anywhere else in the world.  The best of both worlds. :abe:

Sorry, where did you hear this? 

I have just gone onto Amazon.IT and went through the ordering process for TB, selected a UK delivery address and it accepted it right to the last screen. If I had confirmed it, delivery would have been

Got a LEGO Shop at Home order today, and no Lego store employee polybag. Did get another VW freebie, though. So wonder if the Lego employee is only for orders from countries with the brick and mortar store...

I was thinking the same, though our orders did get shipped 2 weeks ago. Who knows what back flips Lego will have done in that time frame.

I suspect Amazon will have to ship within the EU as it is in the free trade area.

Tell that to the Spanish Amazon who wouldn't take my order to the UK and others on here who couldn't get acceptance from Amazon France or Italy to the UK. Are they messing with us. Some people are getting orders and others aren't. As I have already said, when I asked for clarification why my order was rejected from Spain they couldn't / wouldn't give me a satisfactory answer.

Are they being rejected after you press the Confirm button, or won't it let add the product to your cart.

I ordered a Sopwith camel earlier from Spain and I swear it was shipped from the Milton Keynes depot.

It was the Sopwith I tried to order. I could do everything up to picking my address and it comes up as not being able to send to that address. My TB from Italy went through no problem a few weeks back so I'm really confused. Of course I tried to see if Amazon UK could help me but got told "We only deal with the UK" in broken English. I'm missing out on good discounts.

Just a thought, I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

It should not make a difference, NI is part of the UK. My experiment with the IT site and it let me choose a UK delivery address. Did you try a different set as an experiment. Obviously don't hit the confirm button if you don't want it :)

I'll try another site this evening and report back with the details.

It should not make a difference, NI is part of the UK. My experiment with the IT site and it let me choose a UK delivery address. Did you try a different set as an experiment. Obviously don't hit the confirm button if you don't want it :)

Ok, I just went on to the French and German sites and there were no problems with my order. So if they work ok and Italy is fine, then it seems to be just Spain who don't want my custom and money. The state their economy is in at the moment you would think they would happily take every Euro they could get.  :whistle:

Seeing everybody getting a lot of exclusive sets, I have a question regarding the double VIP points also, isn't double VIP calculated out to be like a 10% rebate?

However I remembered during Black Friday last year, LEGO Shop at Home (US) offered 10 % off entire purchase plus a free Christmas set.

My question is why not wait till Black Friday to get the discount immediately? Or does the Black Friday discount last year excluded these exclusive sets like the coupons?

Or maybe we are even not sure if Lego will still offer this kind of discount this year?

Thanks!!

Seeing everybody getting a lot of exclusive sets, I have a question regarding the double VIP points also, isn't double VIP calculated out to be like a 10% rebate?

However I remembered during Black Friday last year, LEGO Shop at Home (US) offered 10 % off entire purchase plus a free Christmas set.

My question is why not wait till Black Friday to get the discount immediately? Or does the Black Friday discount last year excluded these exclusive sets like the coupons?

Or maybe we are even not sure if Lego will still offer this kind of discount this year?

Thanks!!

Yeah double VIP is basically a 10% discount. It all depends on where you live, we don't get black fridays over here anyway. I took the opportunity and got 690 VIP points added to my 245 balance so it totals to about 77$ worth of points. I was planning on stocking up on a few VW campers next month anyway...

Guest TabbyBoy

I am debating ordering the Vampyre Castle or the Haunted House for this months promo. I am assuming I should probably order the Vampyre Castle first as it might not even be around come Black Friday?

I'd go HH as it's rarely discounted.

Guest TabbyBoy

I was planning on doing that due to the double points but I am a bit concerned that the Vampyre Castle won't be available when the next winter set promo starts.

Well, it is showing as retired in the UK now.