Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

I’m also getting lots of ASINs ineligible for FBA due to an Inventory Alert:

“Amazon may have sufficient inventory levels of this ASIN. You may be alerted about this ASIN if you attempt to add it to a shipment to Amazon.”

Anyone else in a similar position?

Should we just move this to the bubble thread?

4 minutes ago, deathofsuperman said:

“Amazon may have sufficient inventory levels of this ASIN. You may be alerted about this ASIN if you attempt to add it to a shipment to Amazon.”

I've received this before and the message just warned that it may incur storage fees.  I still sent the items in.  Could be a different message.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cobrakai said:

I order tons of retired/out of stock/about to be retired type sets from Amazon (not 3P) when they come into stock 1 or 2 at a time.  About 15% of the time I get a set with a Target security sticker, a Walmart online label,  or a Barnes & Noble price tag still on it.  I think they get their stuff and sellers inventory all mixed up and probably have lots of issues with Lego sets.  I think a lot of comingled sellers aren't as careful with stuff like price tags and assume it won't matter since it gets mixed up with other peoples stuff.  

i've been doing the same and in the last 3 weeks essentially 100% of the items purchased from amazon.com (not 3p) show up with fba stickers.

I am seeing this type of error when I try to put together fba order for larger sets like sandcrawler or in this case big sydney opera house.  i am able to add these sets to my inventory and could list them FBM but when I try to send in a shipment and get to the page where I type in how many units - this is the error that is coming up:

image.thumb.png.526902e6bd1f6319a16ba1e56853afdc.png

deleted listing.  re-added to inventory a day later.  still getting this message.  I always send stuff in stickered and I can send other listings in no problem.  won't let you click on the tab to specify printing labels for the order -  no other option but to go back.

as an aside, i have it set to merchant preps and merchant labels as the default settings under my fba account settings so its not that.

Edited by cladner

Anyone else noticing the slow-moving ASIN bots are out and going crazy? E.g. Lego Parisian Restaurant rank sub 10k in toys is tagged as slow moving. A replen we sell that is rank 47 in health and personal care is tagged slow-moving. We can still FBA it even tho the seller app states it is ineligible for FBA as it is "overstocked" according to the bot.
Hoping it is just an innocent glitch and not something more sinister going on behind the scenes which would be oh so Amazon.

If you want to have a giggle,look at the top sellers in Toys currently. I went via the seller app under Sell Products and found that both the #4 and #5 top selling products have been marked as Slow Moving ASIN. Surely that can't be right?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, deathofsuperman said:

Yes. The seller app says not eligible for FBA but you can still list and send FBA. Ignoring it for now.

3 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:
  • They finally found my missing box (  investigation my foot ) , now they take the money back.. so much time wasted chasing this .

For one of our missing boxes from before xmas they originally stated ineligible for investigation. We opened a case and they shot us down. Did not have the time to waste on it any further. Out of the blue 2 weeks ago they contacted us and said they were still not able to find the contents of that box BUT as a gesture of GOODWILL they will be reimbursing us for the lost units. 1 hour later we were reimbursed with product. Recalled it and last week we get it all back and it is our units with our FNSKU stickers on the items lmao.

As Bezos structured this whole dog and pony show to be able to be broken up by the Feds no department contacts each other or knows what is going on at all. Great for shareholders, not so much for 3P sellers. Still no other platform comes close so we just add an extra $1 in the FBA revenue calculator for our items to cover the expected losses from these hiccups.

2 hours ago, cladner said:

i've been doing the same and in the last 3 weeks essentially 100% of the items purchased from amazon.com (not 3p) show up with fba stickers.

I am seeing this type of error when I try to put together fba order for larger sets like sandcrawler or in this case big sydney opera house.  i am able to add these sets to my inventory and could list them FBM but when I try to send in a shipment and get to the page where I type in how many units - this is the error that is coming up:

image.thumb.png.526902e6bd1f6319a16ba1e56853afdc.png

deleted listing.  re-added to inventory a day later.  still getting this message.  I always send stuff in stickered and I can send other listings in no problem.  won't let you click on the tab to specify printing labels for the order -  no other option but to go back.

as an aside, i have it set to merchant preps and merchant labels as the default settings under my fba account settings so its not that.

Yesterday I opened about 50 boxes of Amazon Lego orders from the past few weeks.  I received 2 orders of 70593 Ninjago Green Dragons and 1 weighed 1 lb 2 oz, and the other weighed 1 lb. 13 oz.  I received a 31065 Creator Park Street Townhouse that was opened and resealed with a large piece of brown paper tape across the front.  I received other boxes with torn packages, gift wrap still stuck to them, and obvious 3P seller stickers on 75% of them.  They have no quality control in their returns department and it's hard to trust what is actually inside these boxes to try and resell them.  Last January was not this bad.  I have a couple more that I might post pictures of later because I think they might be counterfeit or from another country.  The UPCs are wrong and their is no description on the front of the box (just the set #.)

FYI-I know the Sandcrawler has not been allowed to be FBA'd for a while now.  I assume they got too many complaints or returns about damaged boxes on some larger sets and that is why this happened.

11 hours ago, cory730 said:

I did notice today that F40 and Killer Croc Gaitor are now restricted to FBA. It's getting harder everyday to trust selling large quantities of Lego on Amazon. 

I'm not restricted on these.  Was this the slow moving ASIN error that made it seem restricted?

4 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:
  • ^it has been happening. suggestions were to take screen shot of the rank and open a case ( provided rank is decent )
  • most of those who got paid last Friday ( including yours truly ) are yet to receive their money and many are furious since it usually hit the account on Monday
  • They finally found my missing box (  investigation my foot ) , now they take the money back.. so much time wasted chasing this .

Well atleast we all know what day it is :

LOL.  I think they seem to have found everyone's missing boxes in the last 2 weeks.  I think 90% of the issues were November/December shipments to BWI.  

3 hours ago, deathofsuperman said:

I've been selling through FBA for almost 4 years, but have never actually made in shipment through seller central. Even my first shipment was done with a 3rd party listing software and they don't seem to give these errors.

15 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I've been selling through FBA for almost 4 years, but have never actually made in shipment through seller central. Even my first shipment was done with a 3rd party listing software and they don't seem to give these errors.

These errors are relatively new. I had multiple shipments arrive within the last couple of days that I can no longer replenish because of the above "not eligible for commingled inventory" error.

It appears the Amazon machine is trying out some more automated processes.
1. Automated Hazmat reviews that are never conducted are continuing to ruin listings for me.
2. Customer used an item. Returned it as "wrong item received". Amazon closed my listing saying my items weren't the same as listed.
3. Commingled inventory

On the plus side, it appears Amazon dropped one of my boxes off a conveyor belt and destroyed it. Easy dollas?

8 hours ago, cobrakai said:

Yesterday I opened about 50 boxes of Amazon Lego orders from the past few weeks.  I received 2 orders of 70593 Ninjago Green Dragons and 1 weighed 1 lb 2 oz, and the other weighed 1 lb. 13 oz.  I received a 31065 Creator Park Street Townhouse that was opened and resealed with a large piece of brown paper tape across the front.  I received other boxes with torn packages, gift wrap still stuck to them, and obvious 3P seller stickers on 75% of them.  They have no quality control in their returns department and it's hard to trust what is actually inside these boxes to try and resell them.  Last January was not this bad.  I have a couple more that I might post pictures of later because I think they might be counterfeit or from another country.  The UPCs are wrong and their is no description on the front of the box (just the set #.)

the boxes without a piece count and just a set number are not counterfeit.They are from europe. They also have a different upc. When amazon uk let us order to the united states we always received a box with set number and not the amount of pieces and a different bar code.If you google upc and  a lego set number normally you will get 2 results back 1 the american version and 1 the european version.

1 hour ago, river41 said:

the boxes without a piece count and just a set number are not counterfeit.They are from europe. They also have a different upc. When amazon uk let us order to the united states we always received a box with set number and not the amount of pieces and a different bar code.If you google upc and  a lego set number normally you will get 2 results back 1 the american version and 1 the european version.

I just figured that out.  I got 2 Juniors Spiderman hideout 10687 and a 60101 City Cargo plane both like this.  Do you know if the instructions are in English?  Wondering if it is safe to send back into FBA or if I need to return or sell on Ebay with a disclaimer.

1 minute ago, cobrakai said:

I just figured that out.  I got 2 Juniors Spiderman hideout 10687 and a 60101 City Cargo plane both like this.  Do you know if the instructions are in English?  Wondering if it is safe to send back into FBA or if I need to return or sell on Ebay with a disclaimer.

never had an issue selling  those. and the instruction dont have a language . 

34 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Tax season, not sure where do I post this but....anyone have any pre-filled formatted excel worksheet that auto-calculates the selling fees, FBA fees, ebay fees, FBM fees that they can share?

I can insert the cost and shipping cost expense....

For Amazon it is pretty simple . Go to :

reports , payment date range report and choose summary report . 

Is this typical or what? I find it funny and sad. Getting a stern message from Amazon that I need to complete a Hazmat review for ASIN B01BPLZ282 ....... Kylo Ren's Shuttle Polybag. WTH?

It says I cannot ship in more or offer more for sale until I fill out paperwork and submit - should be no biggie. Now, I just sold out of them, and still have 2 in Reserved status based on a customer order. Will these be held until I do the paperwork? Or are they unaffected as they've already been sold?

EDIT: Scratch that, the paperwork is not easy. Amazon seems to assume this item has a battery (I definitely didn't flag it as such). Since I already sold all mine (but with two in Reserved-Customer Order status), should I really be bothered?

Edited by Phil B

Next FBA Question: Just discovered that a shipment I sent in on 11/19 has a mismatch - I sent in 7 of an item, they claim they received 6. Went to the Reconcile tab and I can flag this for research, but I need to attach invoices. I only have TRU email receipts. Do I send these in? What are my chances with this, given that it's been almost 3 months?

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I missed this... just made a couple fba sales to buyers in the state of Washington.  I see on the orders that Amz collected sales tax.  Says:

Tax Collection Model MarketplaceFacilitator
Tax Collection Responsible Party

Amazon Services, Inc.

So... is Amazon forwarding that sales tax to Washington?  It is not shown as  "fee" deducted from my account. Do I have to do something now?

1 minute ago, Kenxxx said:

Maybe I missed this... just made a couple fba sales to buyers in the state of Washington.  I see on the orders that Amz collected sales tax.  Says:

Tax Collection Model MarketplaceFacilitator
Tax Collection Responsible Party

Amazon Services, Inc.

So... is Amazon forwarding that sales tax to Washington?  It is not shown as  "fee" deducted from my account. Do I have to do something now?

Yes, starting 1/1/18 they collect and transmit the sale tax to the state of Washington .