Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

I'm starting to get concerned Selling Lego's on Amazon. All discontinued Lego sets main listings are incredibly difficult to find if not impossible by Amazon search. Usually the duplicate chinese seller listings come back first. There seems to be quite a few new retiree's that are completely blocked. Minecraft Desert Outpost and Snow Hideout to mention a few.

7 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I'm starting to get concerned Selling Lego's on Amazon. All discontinued Lego sets main listings are incredibly difficult to find if not impossible by Amazon search. Usually the duplicate chinese seller listings come back first. There seems to be quite a few new retiree's that are completely blocked. Minecraft Desert Outpost and Snow Hideout to mention a few.

I know.  I had stock for sale for those 2 listings and now they are stranded.  Trying to create a new listing for those 2 brings down the gate.  Definitely trying to create a local market reputation for cheaper than Amazon pricing.  Buy at a discount and sell at retail.  My new mantra.

14 hours ago, landphieran said:

I put in a case ticket to have this researched for 10240...got 4 email response stating they are still looking into this issue.

2 hours ago, joch29 said:

I wonder if Amazon is somehow being hacked by these counterfeiters....and we just dont hear about it.  

Generally speaking Amazon has an algorithm which displays search results based on the keywords added to a listings meta data as well as the title.

Based on how searches aren't returning most retired Lego sets (at all), I'm guessing they are being hidden by Amazon purposefully based on how the listing content is being managed. 

If Amazon goes "I'm no longer selling anymore Scooby Doo sets", since they see presumably the content owner of Lego listings, then deactivates the listings in there search they may be looking out for themselves. Trying to direct costumers to Lego sets they have in stock and are being result produced.

All speculative of course...

19 hours ago, landphieran said:

18 hours ago, belljohn said:

I know.  I had stock for sale for those 2 listings and now they are stranded.  Trying to create a new listing for those 2 brings down the gate.  Definitely trying to create a local market reputation for cheaper than Amazon pricing.  Buy at a discount and sell at retail.  My new mantra.

any resolution?  the main listings for both seem to be back up again and searchable with amazon selling at msrp but no third party sellers listing.  i am through the gate and can send in inventory but am reluctant to waste my time and money if these will just end up being stranded sku.

the search issue has been going on for a while.   ecto-1 and the farm were unsearchable for over a month.  now they are back but not sure what is going on with the desert outpost and snow hideout.

60132 Service Station is another one where all the sellers dropped off a few weeks ago and shows restricted now.  Lots of major toy brands went restricted at the beginning of the year (Hot wheels, barbie, etc) even though i've been selling them all consistently for years.  Luckily, they are all on auto approval.

4 hours ago, landphieran said:

Generally speaking Amazon has an algorithm which displays search results based on the keywords added to a listings meta data as well as the title.

Based on how searches aren't returning most retired Lego sets (at all), I'm guessing they are being hidden by Amazon purposefully based on how the listing content is being managed. 

If Amazon goes "I'm no longer selling anymore Scooby Doo sets", since they see presumably the content owner of Lego listings, then deactivates the listings in there search they may be looking out for themselves. Trying to direct costumers to Lego sets they have in stock and are being result produced.

All speculative of course...

interesting...but it defeats the purpose of preventing counterfeits being created as new listings and doesn't seem to make sense to lose all of those customers feedback on the products...

it's also odd that I get four responses in the past 2 days stating that they are still researching the issue.  I guess it could be one of those situation where the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing...

Happy New Year Everyone! 

I just got hit with counterfeit claim on a Lego Duplo. Customer started a return with reason that he bought it by mistake, a week later amazon customer service updates it to saying counterfeit. Got a performance review plus this customer doesn't want to return the item. What to do? any ideas? Don't have invoices

1 minute ago, nick625 said:

Happy New Year Everyone! 

I just got hit with counterfeit claim on a Lego Duplo. Customer started a return with reason that he bought it by mistake, a week later amazon customer service updates it to saying counterfeit. Got a performance review plus this customer doesn't want to return the item. What to do? any ideas? Don't have invoices

is this FBA or FBM? Are you being asked to provide invoices ? 

53 minutes ago, nick625 said:

FBM, they require proof of authenticity 

U can try receipts, if - most probably - rejected , delete that Asin and promise not to ever sell it again . Options are limited unfortunately . U can argue that per amazon policy customer -scammer - has to return for refund . Issue prepaid return label ASAP . 

17 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

U can try receipts, if - most probably - rejected , delete that Asin and promise not to ever sell it again . Options are limited unfortunately . U can argue that per amazon policy customer -scammer - has to return for refund . Issue prepaid return label ASAP . 

enroll in auto-return that way before they change the return reason return label is issued. 

while selling in amazon change perspective and be ready to accept return for everything. 

Sent in a shipment and 3 different ASINs with multiple items went straight to Inactive and now they are stranded once they were received.  They were live when I created and sent the shipment the other day.  I guess I'll let them sit for a bit and see if they go live again.  Weird stuff going on...

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Sent in a shipment and 3 different ASINs with multiple items went straight to Inactive and now they are stranded once they were received.  They were live when I created and sent the shipment the other day.  I guess I'll let them sit for a bit and see if they go live again.  Weird stuff going on...

Had the same issue with 21113 . I’m told it is now restricted and to send an email to the appropriate team . ? 

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

They were live when I created and sent the shipment the other day.  I guess I'll let them sit for a bit and see if they go live again.  Weird stuff going on...

A bunch of items I sell went into hazmat review. I think there product catalog teams are beginning to try to clean up the holiday mess.

On 12/28/2017 at 9:42 PM, zskid00 said:

Right now I have 24 units gone that add up to over $1,000 at current FBA prices.  They are essentially saying a 30 pound package that UPS says was delivered had nothing in it or has gone missing and they aren't taking responsibility.  It's just absurd.

My reimbursement request was made by an Amazon CS rep on December 28.  Twice they sent me a generic response that they were still researching the issue with their technicians.  Today I chatted with CS and they said I should expect a reimbursement within 3-5 business days.  I have the chat log as documentation in my case.  Hopefully this works out in the end.

• Like 1

21113 The Cave is now  listable again.  It has the same ASIN as before but the SKU is now different from what it was before the listing was under review.

I had stock sent in when the listing went to under review status. 

Now that stock has an FBA sticker with a different SKU than what the current SKU is listed as.

My stock is still showing up as reserved now, unavailable for purchase.  Might be getting distributed but not in FC transfer and  everything else from that order seems like its available.

I'm wondering if I will need to recall those sets with the sticker having the old SKU on it. 

Any words of wisdom?

1 hour ago, cladner said:

21113 The Cave is now  listable again.  It has the same ASIN as before but the SKU is now different from what it was before the listing was under review.

I had stock sent in when the listing went to under review status. 

Now that stock has an FBA sticker with a different SKU than what the current SKU is listed as.

My stock is still showing up as reserved now, unavailable for purchase.  Might be getting distributed but not in FC transfer and  everything else from that order seems like its available.

I'm wondering if I will need to recall those sets with the sticker having the old SKU on it. 

Any words of wisdom?

Open a case and request them to remap old sku to current sku. No need to recall.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 8:34 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

booooooooooooo. I got denied for the nth time. ... I reached out to a moderator on the forums as they have helped other sellers with similar issues before. . I am saving the nuclear option as a last resort 

finally got a resolution after writing to Jeff almost two weeks ago and got reimbursed for the missing box contents .

Also got some ASIN reinstated. 

next stop : no returns :P 

• Like 6

congratulations! I know that US customer protection laws / regulations are different from EU ones.. but hey..! If THOSE "Creatures" have voting right - why grant them this kind of an unfair protection?? I want to say.. if the seller takes the utmost care in describing the item properly, lots of real pictures.. they have a chance to get in touch with a seller before the purchase and ask additional details.. why the hell should these people be covered by this "social security"??  because they are stupid?? So take their voting right away from them and make them uneligable for citizens activities.. 

IM SO SICK OF THIS! these simpletons are just misusing it all over the world.. 

3 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

finally got a resolution after writing to Jeff almost two weeks ago and got reimbursed for the missing box contents .

Also got some ASIN reinstated. 

next stop : no returns :P 

Any tips on how you worded the letter to Jeff? I have one case still pending where everything missing happened to be in one box that showed delivered.  Planning on a letter to Jeff soon.