Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

45 minutes ago, IronManDan said:

Update.  The CS did give me a brand registry link, which I used but wasn't sure that did anything.  Later I deleted items I had just added to FBA inventory and re-entered them... Problem seems to be solved.  I don't understand what they are doing, but I am becoming more active on ebay.

I'm able to still send in Lego's this appears to be a account specific restrictions.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I'm able to still send in Lego's this appears to be a account specific restrictions.

Seems to have a been a 'glitch' that was caused by some tweaks to there restriction process that went into effect today.  Namely, all inventory now needs a printed label.  Needless to say, a huge sigh or relief.

Edited by IronManDan
  • Like 1

Kinda of a big deal for big sellers. I have hundreds of lego in inventory and now have to create new listing for all. And label every set is a huge pain and cost. I hope this is a glitch. 

Doesn't going comingled stickerless really put you at risk for sending out a counterfeit item another seller may have sent in? Or is that just an overblown thing...

3 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

Doesn't going comingled stickerless really put you at risk for sending out a counterfeit item another seller may have sent in? Or is that just an overblown thing...

Well I have sold thousands of sets and have had no issues. I guess maybe im lucky. 

17 hours ago, cory730 said:

Well I have sold thousands of sets and have had no issues. I guess maybe im lucky. 

There are a lot of toys that can't be comingled.  You can pay Amazon to label them for you if you want.  It's in the settings and I think it's .20 a unit.  After labeling 42,000 units last year, I was fine paying Amazon the labeling fee in December to speed things up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

There are a lot of toys that can't be comingled.  You can pay Amazon to label them for you if you want.  It's in the settings and I think it's .20 a unit.  After labeling 42,000 units last year, I was fine paying Amazon the labeling fee in December to speed things up. 

I'm seeing most polybags now no longer allow commingling. It's annoying sticking a sticker on a crumply piece of cellophane, but hey, it's what Jeff wants.

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'm seeing most polybags now no longer allow commingling. It's annoying sticking a sticker on a crumply piece of cellophane, but hey, it's what Jeff wants.

I throw all the polybags out in the living room and have my wife put them in plastic polybags while she is watching TV or something.  Those bags tear too easily to send in loose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cobrakai said:

the thing that surprises me is that it must cost amazon  more if something is not commingled.They have to send it from the fc you sent it to and not from the closest one to the customer,so this change should in theory end up costing them more.

I accidentally deleted an item from a shipment .... still in the "Edit shipment contents" screen, is there any way I can get the item back? It's part of a 40 MSKU shipping plan, and I already completed one shipment in that plan, so not too keen on redoing the whole thing.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

I accidentally deleted an item from a shipment .... still in the "Edit shipment contents" screen, is there any way I can get the item back? It's part of a 40 MSKU shipping plan, and I already completed one shipment in that plan, so not too keen on redoing the whole thing.

I've done this countless times... It's a pain since there's no "undo". Best you can do is create a new fresh shipment with the item you accidentally nuked and hope it'll ship to the same FC. If so, you will have an option to add it to the existing shipment.

I've done this countless times... It's a pain since there's no "undo". Best you can do is create a new fresh shipment with the item you accidentally nuked and hope it'll ship to the same FC. If so, you will have an option to add it to the existing shipment.

Ended up duplicating the shipment plan, and with a stroke of luck one of the shipments it created covered all the items in this "failed" shipment, plus it saved me a few bucks on shipping as the FC was closer to me. Phew.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, redcell said:

I've always been stickerless commingled and have had no issues after 25k + sets sold over the years.
Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

On 1/20/2018 at 4:27 PM, cory730 said:

It appears that this is happening to me on a few of the larger lower volume items.

I tried to send in Livi's Pop Star House, Sandcrawler, Volvo Technic Front Loader and got the error "Item not eligible for commingled stickerless". Most of the smaller sets weren't flagged in the same manner.

I wonder if commingled stickerless inventory is becoming a hassle to Amazon as people are claiming "damaged items" / "counterfeits" and they aren't able to tie it back to the seller thus restricting the items they offer commingled stickerless on.

Edited by landphieran

It appears that this is happening to me on a few of the larger lower volume items.
I tried to send in Livi's Pop Star House, Sandcrawler, Volvo Technic Front Loader and got the error "Item not eligible for commingled stickerless". Most of the smaller sets weren't flagged in the same manner.

I wonder if commingled stickerless inventory is becoming a hassle to Amazon as people are claiming "damaged items" / "counterfeits" and they aren't able to tie it back to the seller thus restricting the items they offer commingled stickerless on.

I got that error on Santa's Workshop before christmas. Haven't tried it again since.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

33 minutes ago, micbelt said:

Is it true that reconciliation on lost inventory is at cost you paid for the item versus what it sells for now?

It is based on what you recently sold that ASIN for. If you have never sold it then they will pay the minimum per their policy. You will then have to open a case and provide detailed receipts or invoices to get them to bump it up to your purchase cost.

21 hours ago, landphieran said:

I order tons of retired/out of stock/about to be retired type sets from Amazon (not 3P) when they come into stock 1 or 2 at a time.  About 15% of the time I get a set with a Target security sticker, a Walmart online label,  or a Barnes & Noble price tag still on it.  I think they get their stuff and sellers inventory all mixed up and probably have lots of issues with Lego sets.  I think a lot of comingled sellers aren't as careful with stuff like price tags and assume it won't matter since it gets mixed up with other peoples stuff.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I order tons of retired/out of stock/about to be retired type sets from Amazon (not 3P) when they come into stock 1 or 2 at a time.  About 15% of the time I get a set with a Target security sticker, a Walmart online label,  or a Barnes & Noble price tag still on it.  I think they get their stuff and sellers inventory all mixed up and probably have lots of issues with Lego sets.  I think a lot of comingled sellers aren't as careful with stuff like price tags and assume it won't matter since it gets mixed up with other peoples stuff.  

You would be surprised with what people try to get away using commingled .

Anyone else noticing the slow-moving ASIN bots are out and going crazy? E.g. Lego Parisian Restaurant rank sub 10k in toys is tagged as slow moving. A replen we sell that is rank 47 in health and personal care is tagged slow-moving. We can still FBA it even tho the seller app states it is ineligible for FBA as it is "overstocked" according to the bot.

Hoping it is just an innocent glitch and not something more sinister going on behind the scenes which would be oh so Amazon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, asharerin said:

Anyone else noticing the slow-moving ASIN bots are out and going crazy? E.g. Lego Parisian Restaurant rank sub 10k in toys is tagged as slow moving. A replen we sell that is rank 47 in health and personal care is tagged slow-moving. We can still FBA it even tho the seller app states it is ineligible for FBA as it is "overstocked" according to the bot.

Hoping it is just an innocent glitch and not something more sinister going on behind the scenes which would be oh so Amazon.

• ^it has been happening. suggestions were to take screen shot of the rank and open a case ( provided rank is decent )
  • most of those who got paid last Friday ( including yours truly ) are yet to receive their money and many are furious since it usually hit the account on Monday
  • They finally found my missing box (  investigation my foot ) , now they take the money back.. so much time wasted chasing this .

Well atleast we all know what day it is :