Anything of value here?

Fcbarcelona101

Guest eightbrick

LOL FCB I was in the middle of a big answer and clicked "1 new reply answered" and you said no go. *facepalms self violently* xD

Guest eightbrick

Here we go... another over-long answer by me xD

Analysis of value based on Bricklink used sold averages:

FIRST PIC: NOTABLE ITEMS

Alien (TS) 3.28 x2 = 6.56

Dobby 3.79

Altantis Diver, unidentified (Axel used for estimate) 1.54 x2 = 3.08

General Grievous 20.00 (here is the winner that could make this set! In the picture he is in the top left corner)

Clone (CW) 4.21 x3 = 12.63

Clone PIlot (CW) 6.08

Super Battle Droid 2.87 x2 = 5.74

Harley Quinn 11.03 (another valuable fig)

Patrick (SB) 2.77

Pirate Captain Brickbeard 2.89

Pirate 2.24

Ugha Warrior (IJ) 4.66

Ugha Warrior w/ hair (IJ) 6.29

Jock (IJ) 4.02

Aang (Air.) 15.06 (surprising jackpot!)

+ 15-20 other figures (complete and incomplete) and accessories, valued at an estimated 30.00

Rough Total Pic One: $136.84

This may be a high gauge but even from here it seems this is a valuable lot with lots of pricey licensed minifigures such as Aang, Grievous, and Harley Quinn. Even before I do the other picture notable estimates, I can see that this has potential. A strong buy reccomendation if you can get it at or under 50 for all three pics. Further advice in next post :D

Guest eightbrick

SECOND PIC: NOTABLE ITEMS

Woody (TS) 2.94

Irina Spalko (IJ) 2.49

Rock Monster Lime Green "Sulpurix" 7.51 (not bad!)

Rock Monster Dark Green "Boulderax" 3.43

Firebender 9.45 x2 = 18.90

Kingdoms Wizard (DG) 2.71

Shark Warrior 2.20

Mantas Warrior 1.81

Spongebob w/ Antenna 3.23

Viking "3c" 2.54 (his helmet is somewhere in first pic I believe)

Agent Gold Tooth 2.82

German Soldier 2  5.06 (His head is wrong but quite common I am sure you can easily find one)

Willy Scott Sacrificial Outfit 9.00 (missing hair, but it could easily be in other pics)

Total: 64.64 (for this picture and the next, I will not be adding estimated price for the extra un-notable/unidentified figures in an effort to provide a more conservative estimate.

Guest eightbrick

THIRD PIC: NOTABLE ITEMS AND FINAL ANALYSIS

Squidward (SB) 6.03 (if it is the pink lei version (can't tell from this angle), it is worth 5.93

Patrick (SB) 2.77

Monkey (reddish brown) 1.69

Not sure which pilot, I think it is Luke from the 2006-07 sets in which case it is worth 5.59

General Grievous (1st version), no cape 10.27

Joker's Henchman 6.01

Dr. D. Zaster (Agents) 11.12 I think I saw his hair somewhere don't remember where

Colonel Dovchenko 9.33

Dr. Inferno (Agents) 7.73

Indiana Jones open shirt 6.96

Subtotal: 67.40

Total (all three picture estimates): 268.88

This is a pretty unbiased estimate, and depending on how many other gems you find in there it could be worth more or less. Shave off five percent for risk of broken arms/hands etc. and you are left with 255 bucks. If you can get this for 80 or less, it is probably worth your time and effort. 100 and less I would be hesitant but still probably agree, if the buyer wants over 100 than you might want to invest your money into easier profits that don't require as much listing and selling (remember to keep that in the equation - you are going to be selling over 100 figures, what is your time worth to you?).

To answer the original question regarding valuable finds, in order of value, here are the top 5 figures:

1) General Grievous, 20.00

2) Aang, 15.06

3) Dr. D. Zaster, 11.12

4) Harley Quinn, 11.03

5) General Grievous (1st ed.), 10.27

Happy deciding :)

Yeah, he asked 75. This is the same seller that sold me that huge lot REALLY cheap (Cafe Corner, Market Street and so on). When I drove there I picked the minifigures that seemed valuable, as I don't really have a good grasp on minifigs, and ended up with some nice profits (including one Robin that sold for $30). I think I will offer 50 just to see what he says.

I love selling minifigs as they are fast and easy to ship. They also boost feedback, so another positive there. The only thing holding me back is the missing Grievous head, that is a significant part of the value of the lot!

Great job Brian, amazing information. I wish I could give you more than a few Rep points.

Guest eightbrick

At 50 it would be a steal! Plus he might accept since you are a returning customer. Good luck with the sale, happy to help (plus I was uber-bored before you asked the question ;) )

Guest eightbrick

Nice catch Brandon (I am assuming you are reffering to this guy: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=ava004) It appears he is missing his breastplate but it is probably on another figure/somewhere in the mess. On bricklink, his used value is 6.60, but often values go a lot higher on eBay where people aren't as informed about the value of Lego (both in buying and selling).

At 50 it would be a steal! Plus he might accept since you are a returning customer. Good luck with the sale, happy to help (plus I was uber-bored before you asked the question ;) )

Yup, $50 would be a score, but even $75 would be quite good. Excellent breakdown by Brian btw! A couple more figures of value I see are the Firebender and Guard from the Avatar series. Also, and original Gamorrean Guard sand green headpiece from SW (I think you only need a generic brown torso and legs to complete). Plus, in addition to the complete Aang, there looks to be an Aang torso, so hopefully the head and legs ate there too.

I've bought a lot very similar to this (Avatar, SW, Spongebob) and by properly re-arranging the parts ended up coming out with a few extra figures than I didn't see were there in the pics. The best part was there were 2 Momo's that I didn't even see in my lot which go for about $20-25 each! I looked over your photos to see if there were any Momo, but I didn't see any. He is very small though, so where there's other Avatar figs, he might be hiding...

Good luck,

-PB

Great info PB. I sent him an offer for 50. I'll update on this thread if I end up buying and once I get it if I need any more help!

No problem, I'm curious to see how it pans out.

One thing I forgot to mention is to look up pictures for the figures from Avatar (link below), and look for the corresponding torso or head from your pile and work from there. It's quite fun, like a puzzle, but potentially much more rewarding, or at least a different type of reward :thumbsup: Each Avatar fig is worth at least $10 and up, with Zuko and Momo sometimes $25!

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

Note: In the pic at the bottom of the page Sokka is cut off. If you click the little thing in the top right of the picture window it will expand you see all 6 figs.

No problem, I'm curious to see how it pans out.

One thing I forgot to mention is to look up pictures for the figures from Avatar (link below), and look for the corresponding torso or head from your pile and work from there. It's quite fun, like a puzzle, but potentially much more rewarding, or at least a different type of reward :thumbsup: Each Avatar fig is worth at least $10 and up, with Zuko and Momo sometimes $25!

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

Note: In the pic at the bottom of the page Sokka is cut off. If you click the little thing in the top right of the picture window it will expand you see all 6 figs.

Its funny how some view this as fun. I view it as too much frickin work.