How often does Lego have double VIP point promos?

seapotato

Guest eightbrick

So far this year it has happened once for about a week, I expect it will happen again sometime in the fall. Purchasing certain sets or set bundles can give you extra VIP points online. I believe previous years have offered VIP doubles twice a year.

I remember once there was this time where you could get PAB cups for half off... still waiting for that day again :P

Twice a year? I don't really know exactly. LEGO Shop at Home usually has a deal where they give an extra 50 VIP points on certain sets, and if the set is priced at $49.99, which is rare, then you get double VIP points... plus 1! :D Those offers usually last for one month, plus or minus a few days.

So far this year it has happened once for about a week, I expect it will happen again sometime in the fall. Purchasing certain sets or set bundles can give you extra VIP points online. I believe previous years have offered VIP doubles twice a year.

I remember once there was this time where you could get PAB cups for half off... still waiting for that day again :P

Have you tried that Pick A Brick method again? You gonna get like 20 cups?

There was double VIP in march/April for a few weeks and an accidental double VIP posting on the website sometime in may, which would have been honored if requested. I heard from a lego rep that there may be one around October.

• Like 1

an accidental double VIP posting on the website sometime in may, which would have been honored if requested.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????  I swear I woke up in the middle of the night back in May, saw there was double vip points and ordered a bunch of big sets.  When they came, I noticed I only got single points.  I called to inquire and the person I spoke to said that I was wrong and that there hadn't been a 2x promotion when I ordered. I seriously thought I was loosing my mind!!!!  I had had some surgery a few days earlier and was still on some pain killers, so I convinced myself that I screwed up because of the drugs .... but deep down, I knew that the site definitely said 2x points!!! 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????  I swear I woke up in the middle of the night back in May, saw there was double vip points and ordered a bunch of big sets.  When they came, I noticed I only got single points.  I called to inquire and the person I spoke to said that I was wrong and that there hadn't been a 2x promotion when I ordered. I seriously thought I was loosing my mind!!!!  I had had some surgery a few days earlier and was still on some pain killers, so I convinced myself that I screwed up because of the drugs .... but deep down, I knew that the site definitely said 2x points!!! 

On one hand, makes you want to slap Lego and their employees.

On the other, YOU AREN"T CRAZY!!!!! If you are like me, this would have still been eating at you.

Congratulations.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? I swear I woke up in the middle of the night back in May, saw there was double vip points and ordered a bunch of big sets. When they came, I noticed I only got single points. I called to inquire and the person I spoke to said that I was wrong and that there hadn't been a 2x promotion when I ordered. I seriously thought I was loosing my mind!!!! I had had some surgery a few days earlier and was still on some pain killers, so I convinced myself that I screwed up because of the drugs .... but deep down, I knew that the site definitely said 2x points!!!

I suggest you call customer service and explain that the website had the double VIP points and you were told that it would be honored if you purchased it while the double VIP points was posted on their website. They know it happened and it was on their website for several days. When I called them about it to see how long the promotion was for, the rep already knew that it was accidentally posted by the developer, but they would honor it if ordered while it was posted and the local lego stores would honor it as well. It took at least a couple of days for it to be removed from their website after I called. Good luck!

Guest eightbrick

Have you tried that Pick A Brick method again? You gonna get like 20 cups?

I hope I can. I usually stick to one-three cups, considering it can take me as long as an hour to fill a big one. Twenty would take me the whole day... but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try if they do that promo :D

I hope I can. I usually stick to one-three cups, considering it can take me as long as an hour to fill a big one. Twenty would take me the whole day... but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try if they do that promo :D

How does it take you an hr to fill a PAB cup?  Do you have a very specific method???

How does it take you an hr to fill a PAB cup?  Do you have a very specific method???

I'm guessing that Brian looks for specific pieces, and also sticks all the pieces together to maximize the amount you can fit. He wrote a great article on the PAB wall you can take a look at. It usually takes me about 45 minutes to fill a large and small PAB cup, and about 20 minutes for a small one on its own. I don't think I ever will buy 20+ PAB cups... LOL

Yes it's better to wait til those 2x-VIP-points days to purchase those big and exclusive sets. But in reality 2x VIP points get you a measly 10% savings, (1$=1 point -> 100 points = 5$ to spend, or 5% off)

Toysrus has 20% off discount on different themes from time to time.

Well the Clone Trooper polybag will still be available in October...if there are any left.  They might run out and have to substitute...ha ha I would just have to laugh if I opened my box and a mini-mech was in there.  :)

He's a good stocking stuffer though I guess.