spener90

33 members have voted

1. 1. Mac or PC?

• Mac
    • PC
    • Linux
    • Android

SSD and Windows 7 

anything else is a waste of time if you're a gamer and a long time PC user like me.

Hmmm suggests you did not use any PC before 2009 :P

Though I prefer Windows XP, this is true. Stupid fast.

Although linux and SSD boot up even faster. But can't play all the games :(

One problem with XP is that it slows down over time due to build up if hidden files that you cannot clear. Microsoft solved this for vista, 7 etc...

I do miss the up a level button in explorer and the film strip option when viewing pictures.

I do miss the up a level button in explorer and the film strip option when viewing pictures.

Not gone, just being replaced by the left right buttons.

I can't say I miss those up a level button though. In 7 you can just click anywhere within the folder structure to go to it. In 7, if you are in C:newabcdefghi folder, clicking on C: on the address bar will bring you up to that folder. In XP, I would have to clicked up button three times to go to C:

Much more convenient

Not gone, just being replaced by the left right buttons.

I can't say I miss those up a level button though. In 7 you can just click anywhere within the folder structure to go to it. In 7, if you are in C:newabcdefghi folder, clicking on C: on the address bar will bring you up to that folder. In XP, I would have to clicked up button three times to go to C:

Much more convenient

Right. I think its more the habit because I go back and forth between the OS

One problem with XP is that it slows down over time due to build up if hidden files that you cannot clear. Microsoft solved this for vista, 7 etc...

That's why I use tools like CCleaner; they clean up all that hidden junk data. At home, I'm still using a PC from 2004 and the system works better now than before thanks in part to these kinds of software.
  • Like 1

That's why I use tools like CCleaner; they clean up all that hidden junk data. At home, I'm still using a PC from 2004 and the system works better now than before.

2004. Thats like a billion years ago in computer years.

I seem to remember a line from Weird AL's song, It's all about the Pentiums:

"Your Laptop's a month old? Well, that's great!  If you could use a nice, heavy, paper weight!"

Lol.

"Your Laptop's a month old? Well, that's great!  If you could use a nice, heavy, paper weight!"

Lol.

I know. I've been gutting the thing out every now and again replacing components to keep up. I just really liked the original case with it's black and shiny chrome silver! I'm already at the point where I just need to replace the whole thing starting with the motherboard but a whole custom tower all at once is going to take some serious dough. I wish I could just pick up a couple of parts here and there but you know how technology goes. It's outdated the second it gets put out on the market.

And that 'Wierd Al' tune is pretty funny. :laugh:

Lol.

Nothing wrong with 2004. My mobile phone dates from then. Its a Nokia 6021. I got it on ebay for