Mac or PC?

spener90

33 members have voted

1. 1. Mac or PC?

• Mac
    • PC
    • Linux
    • Android

Not trying to start a fanboy war, but what do you use.  I feel this has some relevance with eBay.

I personally just made the purchase of a Mac Mini, and made a killer spreadsheet on it.  I have not realized I am in far to deep... :twitch:

eBay isn't great on it, but I like it nonetheless.

Also, I have a Galaxy S3, so I'm not an Apple guy all around.

Ha ha, I remember starting a loosely similar thread last year but it was more on how I felt about those "PC vs Mac" commercials. :lol: I'm just trying to figure when did the acronym PC which means "personal computer" all of sudden meant anything from Windows? :scratchhead: I mean anything is considered a 'PC' by the basic defintion of it. Ah, whatever.

Anyway, I have always used a personal computer. ;) Since we're on the subject, here is how I feel about those "PC vs Mac" commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsZ7S_73h1s

100% Windows on computer for me. Using for working at home, Photoshop, web of course and video games.

Ebay works great in Firefox if that was the question. And I use multi screens when it comes to working with Office. That way I can write and do some research without the need of switching or splitting the screen.

The Android Ebay app is not fantastic but does the Job on my Nexus 4.

Ha ha, I remember starting a loosely similar thread last year but it was more on how I felt about those "PC vs Mac" commercials. :lol: I'm just trying to figure when did the acronym PC which means "personal computer" all of sudden meant anything from Windows? :scratchhead: I mean anything is considered a 'PC' by the basic defintion of it. Ah, whatever.

Completely agree, we should say PC Windows or PC Mac (if not PC OSX ... that would sounds weird though :rofl: ...)

I use Windows PC at work and at home but I'm Iphone all the way.

75% of my Ebay use is on the Iphone APP.  Usually, I create the initial listing on my laptop (it's easier on the bigger screen and to load pics) but then finalize on my phone.  All feedback and communication is on my phone.  Then when I sell, I go back to my laptop to print labels.  I like browsing/searching better on my phone app too. 

I don't mind OSX or apple hardware, but buying MAC to me is falling for extortion. They literally use the same internal components and charge insane amounts of money to upgrade anything. $300 to upgrade a harddrive that you can buy for $40 on Newegg?

I am actually a linux/unix lover. I am still getting better at them, but they are tremendously better than Windows or Mac.

I don't mind OSX or apple hardware, but buying MAC to me is falling for extortion. They literally use the same internal components and charge insane amounts of money to upgrade anything. $300 to upgrade a harddrive that you can buy for $40 on Newegg?

I am actually a linux/unix lover. I am still getting better at them, but they are tremendously better than Windows or Mac.

Well you are paying a premium for a few things: 1. Design 2. OS 3. Complete package (i.e. software and hardware developer).

I think Windows 8 would qualify as rubbish either way.

Windows seem to think it is ok to release half baked versions of their OS to their clients and get a massive sample of paying beta testers.

Windows 8 seems to follow the model established by Windows Vista (read Win 7 beta).  Use Windows 7 or wait until 9 is released.

Windows seem to think it is ok to release half baked versions of their OS to their clients and get a massive sample of paying beta testers.

Windows 8 seems to follow the model established by Windows Vista (read Win 7 beta).  Use Windows 7 or wait until 9 is released.

I bought a Vista machine in 2007 from John Lewis. With all the complaints about vista made by everyone including me, this machine has never gone wrong.

Whereas my XP and 7 machines have been rebuilt a number of times. Plus I had a random blue screen of death from windows 7. I put it down the hot weather, 34 degrees + last week.

Well you are paying a premium for a few things: 1. Design 2. OS 3. Complete package (i.e. software and hardware developer).

Not on the upgrades. You are the full system itself. The upgrades are literally adding a bigger harddrive. I have upgraded a MAC myself for someone. Takes 5 seconds. Other companies charge $50 to do it. Apple charges $300.

Has nothing to do with Design or Complete package. Apple buys all their stuff from the same 3 or 4 component makers as everyone else.

• Like 1

I bought a Vista machine in 2007 from John Lewis. With all the complaints about vista made by everyone including me, this machine has never gone wrong.

Whereas my XP and 7 machines have been rebuilt a number of times. Plus I had a random blue screen of death from windows 7. I put it down the hot weather, 34 degrees + last week.

That's interesting. You may be the first person ever to prefer Vista over XP or Windows 7 that I have ever met. I still use XP at home (along with Linux). I think Vista is the worst operating system of all time.

The one note there though is I am a network engineer. So I do things with a computer normal people don't (nothing weird though :) )

Not on the upgrades. You are the full system itself. The upgrades are literally adding a bigger harddrive. I have upgraded a MAC myself for someone. Takes 5 seconds. Other companies charge $50 to do it. Apple charges $300.

Has nothing to do with Design or Complete package. Apple buys all their stuff from the same 3 or 4 component makers as everyone else.

Interpreted wrong. Sorry wasn't clear enough. Apple is moving towards non-upgradeable parts. Soon, hard drives in their systems aren't even going to be user-servicable. 

That's interesting. You may be the first person ever to prefer Vista over XP or Windows 7 that I have ever met. I still use XP at home (along with Linux). I think Vista is the worst operating system of all time.

The one note there though is I am a network engineer. So I do things with a computer normal people don't (nothing weird though :) )

I didn't say I preferred vista, I meant that this shop bought PC with vista has never gone wrong. But that may say more about my PC building skills. I like Xp, which I still use and support at work, but in general 7 is better. But not in all things. If you have to press twice as many buttons to do the same job, then I always think that is a step backwards.

Which is why I always install office XP because that is the last version to have the office toolbar. Obviously I Iinstall office 2010 as well :)

Vista was actually very stable AFTER about 1000 patches and right along the time 7 was released (surpise, surprise!).  I would not put any running machines in any 34 degrees+ environment.