Lego Store Credit $188 ??

Oh I forgot Companies weren't run by everyday people.

Generalizing another Country is rude and uncalled for. My point was, you don't need to be on any high horse because you aren't from the US> Honestly you don't know what goes on here nor do you probably understand how any of the law works.

That's not what this site is about and making statements like that are uncalled for.

I think calling out for fraud was not asked about either... rather his question was entirely elsewhere was it not.

If everyone would stick to his question of ''what to buy'' and ignore the rest we would never come to this part anyway.

and if you want to know I think majority of people in majority of countries are corrupt... 51%+ in each country would not follow the law entirely and will try to find ways around it.

I wonder what would the IRS say if you show them what you're doing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/05/online-shopping-tax-cheat_n_3218476.html

So ye... you got it right...

He is cheating a private company you are cheating United States of America or better say all people you know + another hundreds of millions... 

The IRS is under fire currently for basically being a bunch of cheats themselves...

Also, our tax code is incredibly bogged down, it's impossible to really know whether or not you are missing things.  I don't feel bad about so called "tax avoidance" in this country when companies like Amazon, Apple, and the like are all running to make sure they never have to pay very much at all.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-tax-code-longer-bible-without-good-news-191208508--finance.html

Also, we have a bunch of CEO's making literally $1 a year.  This isn't because they are some generous guy being great, it's because they pay much less in taxes taking capital gains.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/mark-zuckerberg-salary_n_3178371.html

I always find it amusing when foreigners try to lecture us on how we are avoiding taxes, and how bad it is for our country.  News flash, our tax code is a travesty of the American people.  There is a reason why people call for a flat tax; it saves time, which saves money, and also rids the country of the subjectivity of auditing someone does  I am by no means an expert on the U.S. tax code, and I'm sure there are plenty of people on this site who know more about it than me.  But I'm sorry, someone who lives in Slovenia (beautiful country by the way, great mountains), has no business lecturing us on our taxes.

• Like 1

The IRS is under fire currently for basically being a bunch of cheats themselves...

Also, our tax code is incredibly bogged down, it's impossible to really know whether or not you are missing things.  I don't feel bad about so called "tax avoidance" in this country when companies like Amazon, Apple, and the like are all running to make sure they never have to pay very much at all.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-tax-code-longer-bible-without-good-news-191208508--finance.html

Also, we have a bunch of CEO's making literally $1 a year.  This isn't because they are some generous guy being great, it's because they pay much less in taxes taking capital gains.  

I always find it amusing when foreigners try to lecture us on how we are avoiding taxes, and how bad it is for our country.  News flash, our tax code is a travesty of the American people.  There is a reason why people call for a flat tax; it saves time, which saves money, and also rids the country of the subjectivity of auditing someone does  I am by no means an expert on the U.S. tax code, and I'm sure there are plenty of people on this site who know more about it than me.  But I'm sorry, someone who lives in Slovenia (beautiful country by the way, great mountains), has no business lecturing us on our taxes.

True dat.

• Like 1

I agree with all especially the CEOs making 1$.... 

But if I have no business lecturing you about not paying taxes I think noone has business lecturing guy who opened the thread about fraud or whatever... He certainly did not open the topic to be lectured about fraud did he? 

I agree with all especially the CEOs making 1$.... 

But if I have no business lecturing you about not paying taxes I think noone has business lecturing guy who opened the thread about fraud or whatever... He certainly did not open the topic to be lectured about fraud did he? 

Probably - and I dont' have a problem with you lecturing the people that called him out. But how do you know they were from the US and represent the US as a whole. Just choose how you go back at them next time.

Probably - and I dont' have a problem with you lecturing the people that called him out. But how do you know they were from the US and represent the US as a whole. Just choose how you go back at them next time.

I doubt everyone masks their location and so its visible :) I can easily read you're from Alabama US just as you read I am from Slovenia ;)

Just as company corruption is widely spread (as you can also read in the link provided above) in Slovenia the problem of tax payers is widely known to be in USA (and some other countries).

I dont blame the people to be honest but the system allowing them to exploit it. I bet if Slovenians would get US law and ways of paying tax we would be 10 times worse... 

I see pubs erasing receipts for drinks to pay less tax... so unfair for us and country that provides services (school, etc) for all of us payers and non-payers 

I did not base my words just from the 3 or X posters but from a long time ago(and through many articles, news(yes they can be skewed)). I actually think your system is set as it is on purpose to make those holes in ways of taxation. ..But thats maybe a chat topic once when chat is up and not here.

I hope the topic opener bought a good set... preferably Haunted house!

To the OP...

People took offense to your post because that is the behavior that gives all of us investors and resellers out there a bad name.  Returning LEGO sets for a profit is the sort of behavior we frown upon around here.  

To the tax question...

I pay whatever taxes I owe and nothing more.  I feel no obligation to pay extra taxes to support a wasteful and inefficient system.

• Like 2

Jeez, a few hours away from the computer and this turns into a debate over the US tax system and CEO wages. I'm not even going to get into that due to my ignorance regarding the US tax system and that not being even close to the points of the thread.

Regarding my position on the OP, how would you reply if I opened a thread and asked how should I invest in the 5k that I just stole from a supermarket? Trust me, there'd be a long line of people not exactly telling me that I should invest in this or that but instead debating on what drove me to steal that money and questioning my morale. Same thing here. To add insult to injury, the OP still after some posts didn't recognize where he was wrong, he even said he'd grind it until it broke.

Had he stated that he had $188 in store credit, I would've given my advise on investing, but since he was kind of flashing his "deal" I pointed him out.

It is what it is.

To the OP...

People took offense to your post because that is the behavior that gives all of us investors and resellers out there a bad name.  Returning LEGO sets for a profit is the sort of behavior we frown upon around here.  

To the tax question...

I pay whatever taxes I owe and nothing more.  I feel no obligation to pay extra taxes to support a wasteful and inefficient system.

Anything more is just enabling them.

This exact method of "grinding out cash" was posted 4-6 months ago. The thread was deleted and a new post was made by a mod or admin saying anyone posting immoral tactics like that would be banned. Not sure why that policy has changed.

The policy didn't change.  BrickPicker members responded in force and basically told the OP it was wrong.  I told him it was not acceptable.  I think he got the point.  If we delete every thread like this, how can people learn that it is not acceptable? 

Please...to all members.  If you feel a thread promotes illegal or questionable material, notify Jeff or I or any Mod directly. 

• Like 5

This exact method of "grinding out cash" was posted 4-6 months ago. The thread was deleted and a new post was made by a mod or admin saying anyone posting immoral tactics like that would be banned. Not sure why that policy has changed.

Do you really need to keep kicking me when I'm down. I apologized and admitted i was wrong and said I would try to be more honest in the future. I don't know what else I can say.

Its cool man just a bit frustrated with all the post against me. I had no idea it was that big of a deal. I got to thinking about it and it really isn't very ethical. I pretty much almost got banned from the site from gloating about my thievery. I have like a really negative feed back rating now and it kinda sucks. I'm probably just going to change user names / create new account and start over. Ohh well live and learn.

Thanks for being cool Coneil21 and acknowledging my apology. By the way you have a really impressive lego portfolio. That's got to take up a lot of room were ever your storing them. I only have line 20 boxes so far and my wife is already getting ticked at me. Talk to you later.

I'm glad you now understand what the issue was with your actions and hopefully other members have learned that this sort of activity is unethical. I think now is the time to move on with this topic.