Lego Store Credit $188 ??

Do you like work at the lego store or something, who cares how I scored the deal. A deal is a deal. It wasn't illegal what i did, you act like i freakin stole them or something. I picked them up from someone knowing I could return them for store credit at the lego shop ( LEGITIMATE LEGO SHOP BIG BOXES OF LEGOS ALL OVER THE PLACE ) lol. If I wouldn't have been able to return the 7345's i wouldn't have bought them because they are not really a deal at $22.50.

Again no one got in trouble it was a one time thing and its freakin ridiculous that they don't return new boxes of legos for store credit. They allow you to trade them in for other lego sets. Why ? Lego makes tons of money off their little plastic toys. Huge mark up and huge profits. What should they care if someone else is making money. Its the USA thats what we do here we find an opportunity try and make as much we can , and grind it until it doesn't work any more.

I can see good things for your investment future.

I wish I had that $188! I would stock up on as much of set chima chi battles (2 speedor starter pack with lion and wolf figs) that you can find. It's retiring soon!!!

• Like 2

He obviously didn't buy them at a lego store, as lego doesn't have a discount on those sets.  You can buy sets at target on clearance, and return them to lego for full price store credit. He is telling us you can do this 5 times.

As far as 5 lifetime buys on the halloween set, not true.  I assure you.  I have many multiples of 5, all bought on the same card, same store.

Great post, and welcome to the site.  If I were you, I would get 4 deloreans, 2 at a time--so you don't trip their limits, and you get 2 hot dog stands.. 

I also might suggest you buy some b wings from amazon or target for 155, and return them to lego for $200. Easy fitty right there, and if you do 5, well...now we are talking some real money!  Excellent investment strategy--this is why we are all here---thanks for sharing!

He obviously didn't buy them at a lego store, as lego doesn't have a discount on those sets.  You can buy sets at target on clearance, and return them to lego for full price store credit. He is telling us you can do this 5 times.

As far as 5 lifetime buys on the halloween set, not true.  I assure you.  I have many multiples of 5, all bought on the same card, same store.

Great post, and welcome to the site.  If I were you, I would get 4 deloreans, 2 at a time--so you don't trip their limits, and you get 2 hot dog stands.. 

I also might suggest you buy some b wings from amazon or target for 155, and return them to lego for $200. Easy fitty right there, and if you do 5, well...now we are talking some real money!  Excellent investment strategy--this is why we are all here---thanks for sharing!

I will check it out probably later on tonight.  I just don't think they will stop me if I go back and buy another 5 and another 5 and another 5..  Oh with the 20% discount I will have to get 6 plus a key chain to get the hotdog stand..

I can see good things for your investment future.

I wish I had that $188! I would stock up on as much of set chima chi battles (2 speedor starter pack with lion and wolf figs) that you can find. It's retiring soon!!!

I concur, great set get them before they're gone!

Its the USA thats what we do here we find an opportunity try and make as much we can , and grind it until it doesn't work any more.

Good grief! Did you have to implicate the entire country???? ?

Most Americans that I know temper their opportunism with something called ethics. Just saying

• Like 3

I returned a set for more than I paid, once. I felt guilty afterward. Anyone would. Some people choose to ignore that feeling and go on being a ******, usually with a kind of half-hearted laugh. My guess is, retrosycick, you live in exactly the America you deserve. Cheers!

there are people who will play within the rules to their advantages. I am not going to judge whether it is ethical or not. Every one has his/her own standards. some higher, some lower.

The possible outcome is if the person did it too many times, the lego store will ban him. Lego store asks for ID and info for return even with receipts. at least at the stores I go to.

Even though our lego store told us they would give store credits for any current lego set (without receipt, purchased from other source, etc), I have not tried it and I do not think I ever will.

No, I don't work at a Lego Shop, I have a full time job that allows me to buy the Lego sets that I want without having to resort to "grind it until it doesn't work any more" tactics.

And believe me, I have been over here for a loooooong time and have seen a lot of people, mostly form the US, that don't use those kind to methods.

I know it's not your fault, the store manager left the window open and you took advantage of it, and I also can imply from that that you would, given the chance, steal take money from anyone who leaves it unattended. And you would just say that that's the way America goes.

I hope you do well with your free-wrongfully-earned Lego store credit.

• Like 1

Man i can't believe im taking so much flak over this ?? I turned them back in for what they were worth to the lego store and what the lego store will sell them for, I don't feel guilty at all. So whats the difference of what you are doing. You buy legos low and sell them high. Do you feel guilty when you sell them to someone for a higher price. Of course not. So why should I feel guilty about selling them back to a huge world wide lego company who makes millions of dollars a year ??

Maybe you should take a long look at your self before you judge me. If you knew me personally you would know that I'm a very honest and trust worthy person. I don't think what i did was wrong and I don't think buying something low and selling in high is wrong either. 

Man i can't believe im taking so much flak over this ?? I turned them back in for what they were worth to the lego store and what the lego store will sell them for, I don't feel guilty at all. So whats the difference of what you are doing. You buy legos low and sell them high. Do you feel guilty when you sell them to someone for a higher price. Of course not. So why should I feel guilty about selling them back to a huge world wide lego company who makes millions of dollars a year ??

Maybe you should take a long look at your self before you judge me. If you knew me personally you would know that I'm a very honest and trust worthy person. I don't think what i did was wrong and I don't think buying something low and selling in high is wrong either. 

Just take an ethics and social responsibility class sometime. That's all I'm gonna say about this one.

• Like 3

You reap what you sow, and the truth hurts.

Comparing this to buying something and selling it to someone at a higher price is ridiculous and shows just how much you don't get it.

• Like 2

That seems to be a sweeping generalization.

Well it is correct. I said as much as possible... 

I know not everyone tries to actively avoid it but it just happens majority of your best deals are due to tax removal like Online purchases etc. 

I blame your system though :P

But I think anyone who avoided tax paying ONCE in his lifetime should not dare to judge the topic opener AT ALL.  

• Like 1

I know not everyone tries to actively avoid it but it just happens majority of your best deals are due to tax removal like Online purchases etc. 

But I think anyone who avoided tax paying ONCE in his lifetime should not dare to judge the topic opener AT ALL.  

So let me get this straight

I wonder what would the IRS say if you show them what you're doing.

I show the IRS what I'm doing every year on my schedule C. I show the California Franchise Tax Board, too. And then just because it's also required under the law, I show the California State Board of Equalization (sales tax authority).

None of them care if I buy what I resell from Amazon, from my neighbor Joe, from Lego, or from Satan himself - they only care that I properly report it and, where applicable, pay the appropriate taxes on it. They also allow me to take all the appropriate deductions.

I think you're flinging around the "all Americans are tax cheats" accusation pretty freely and irresponsibly.

I wonder what would the IRS say if you show them what you're doing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/05/online-shopping-tax-cheat_n_3218476.html

So ye... you got it right...

He is cheating a private company you are cheating United States of America or better say all people you know + another hundreds of millions... 

Amazon doesn't charge tax because there is not a tax law governing it. If they cared, there would be one. How is following the law avoiding taxation?

Avoiding taxes is lying about income, etc.

Alcarin - do you report all the money you make off of Lego sales on your taxes in Slovenia?

Dont feel bad man...

those Americans try to avoid TAX as much as possible so they are just as bad as you are ;)

I think you're flinging around the "all Americans are tax cheats" accusation pretty freely and irresponsibly.

I agree.

What Americans are you referring too? Al Capone? As Justafrog said, "Those Americans" is a pretty broad accusation.

Some states including Minnesota, (It started on July 1st of this year), now add sales tax to purchases from stores like Target, Amazon, etc. (Smaller stores with less than 50 employees do not apply.) Even before that my family still added our sales tax from our online purchases to our taxes at the end of the year. Not everyone in the U.S.A. "cheats" on their taxes.

That's right, even if Internet retailers don't collect sales tax at the time of the purchase, you're required by law to pay it in 45 states and the District of Columbia.

If you ever ''forgot'' it you're just as bad as this guy.

also 3 people speaking is a good proof that I am right, considering the amount of people here checking on regular basis.

if there is 3 or even 15 of you here then ''Those Americans'' can easily be used... as it means majority aka 51% +

I would say too - you don't have to look far to find corruption and financial cheating in any country right?

http://euobserver.com/justice/120064

you're mixing apples and oranges here... this is from COMPANY corruption not people, now you can say people represent company but we all know thats not the case...

• Like 1

If you ever ''forgot'' it you're just as bad as this guy.

also 3 people speaking is a good proof that I am right, considering the amount of people here checking on regular basis.

if there is 3 or even 15 of you here then ''Those Americans'' can easily be used... as it means majority aka 51% +

you're mixing apples and oranges here... this is from COMPANY corruption not people, now you can say people represent company but we all know thats not the case...

Oh I forgot Companies weren't run by everyday people.

Generalizing another Country is rude and uncalled for. My point was, you don't need to be on any high horse because you aren't from the US> Honestly you don't know what goes on here nor do you probably understand how any of the law works.

That's not what this site is about and making statements like that are uncalled for.