30166 - Robin and Redbird Cycle

Blackjack

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing you got these for $5.  If so, very good pickup.  ToysRus had lots of these available lately, so eBay is pretty saturated with them right now.  But I'm certain they will be worth $15-$20 each again soon enough once the market is a little less saturated.  People have always paid $10-$14 just for Robin, so this set will hold its value since he is in it.  The alternative is to pay $40 for the Funhouse or $70 for the Batcave if you want Robin, so the cheapest route will always be this polybag.

I personally bought 3 also. I think since TRU released them here in the US that the current price will be much lower for  a while. Long term, I think they will go up a bit, but they were selling for around $20.00 a piece before the US release. I like all the Batman stuff, especially after seeing the prices on the Batman 1 releases.

I personally bought 3 also. I think since TRU released them here in the US that the current price will be much lower for  a while. Long term, I think they will go up a bit, but they were selling for around $20.00 a piece before the US release. I like all the Batman stuff, especially after seeing the prices on the Batman 1 releases.

I would be careful judging the potential appreciation of the current crop of Batman sets by the performance of the original crop of Batman sets.  Those sets were only out for a short period of time and disappeared very abruptly.  The newer Batman sets will do well, but I wouldn't expect them to hit the stratosphere like those sets did.

I picked up around 8 when TRU was having BOGO for 40% so essentially I got them at roughly $4 each. I've been debating myself whether to turn a quick profit or hold out for the long haul. My original plan was to hold out...then it seemed like the ebay market became saturated over night.