30166 - Robin and Redbird Cycle

Blackjack

Even though I'm not a DC fan, I'm sorely tempted to change my avatar to one of these! #mustresist

Kinda like the second one. The first is neat but I'm getting a little tired of greyscale images absolutely void of color. I get the 'R' is red but the rest of it is rather blas

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, we finally have an image for the Robin's Redbird Cycle polybag. I found this article on The Brick Fan and then came here and found that Veegs posted about it in the Canadian deals area. Here's the image for anyone who doesn't feel like venturing 'down south' for topics from 'up north'. :D

c14aaaea-1c24-4f64-8977-c46f86f672a9_zps

A flickr user named smokebelch had posted this 'possible' MOC of what it could have looked like all the way back in January.

I would say he came pretty darn close.
Robin's Redbird Cycle>8390423940_5a31f632eb_z.jpg
Robin's Redbird Cycle>Robin's Redbird Cycle by smokebelch, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

Any investors still have these free exclusive TRU (Canada) polybags?  Search on ebay...currently bidding at $42 so appreciated nicely.  Buy now is $61+.  There was a mini flood of them for $20ish last month during the promo period.  I have 3 polybags left and wished I got more during that promo.

I'm sure some people did the 'shady' purchase-and-return thing but kept the polybag for easy flip.       

Bought 2 at a Toronto Toys R US along with some discounted lego sets to qualify for them. Normally you can buy these sorts of sets outright for about $5 when they advertise them for free with the purchase of $35 worth of sets but they wouldn't let us do that in this case. 

Good pick up especially with a sale Jeff_14.  I tried to buy the bags just by itself for $4.99 but couldn't scan so no sale...this was maybe 2-3 wks back when the promo was over...I should of purchased Arkham Asylum and got at least 6 Robin polybags with my purchase - off set full CAN retail cost for sure :)  I'm sure some stores that are not as busy still have these polybags just sitting there.     

Guest ph4tb0i

I just sold it on ebay today for $57, all profit. Even if you assumed it would have been priced at $5 that's still a price gain of over 1000%, in one month!!!

awesome!

i sold a couple at $30 when it first came out. Kinda wished I held onto it a bit longer but I guess you never know with these things. haha. Still holding onto 2 for bigger profits. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...