Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

are you sure that this one is from EBAY not from your own order from LEGO Shop at Home.

just asking :). when there are multiple deliveries of the same item from different places i do get confused... especially when amazon order arrives... since they don't have any packing slips and i have had instances when occasionally walmart or target misses the packing slip and i am left scratching my head. { then i have to match the tracking number }

I am super sure. Plus, I probably wouldn't spell my name wrong. Not saying I haven't done that before, but it's not likely.

• Like 1

Ok, is this weird or does this happen all the time?

I ordered a Palace Cinema on eBay for $142.50 shipped and almost immediately regretted it because the seller only has two feedbacks, one negative.

Well I got it today, and it was shipped from Lego, Lego shipping box, Lego packing slip, Lego return address, total legit Lego. Only thing weird was that my last name was mispelled.

So I'm thinking, WTF is going on here? Did they purchase it with a stolen credit card and ship it to me while collecting my paypal payment? How do I inform Lego of this?

An update: Called Lego, and their billing team is looking into it. Sounds like it was something shady but they're not going to tell me exactly what went down.

An update: Called Lego, and their billing team is looking into it. Sounds like it was something shady but they're not going to tell me exactly what went down.

my assumption is following:

this order must have been placed/via/from/at the store. either via credit card or via cash or store credit.

i don't think anyone can technically use a creditcard in one person's name and make second person buyer. { unless he/she bs'ed their way out by claiming surprise gift etc.... but that would work once or twice but not as a regular business }

common/normal practice would be that the buyer (whose name is credit card on) and the recipient the second person. 

when i was allowed to shop at LEGO Shop at Home; i couldn't even use my wife's credit card :) i had to have her come to the phone and talk to them.

since you called lego and told them about it. they will investigate no matter whether it may sound normal or fishy. also they don't like people selling on ebay. so they will trace it back to whoever's account it originated provided that the buyer was greedy and used VIP account. otherwise this is all going to end in a black-hole and

they will put a close eye on your account as well since you have to provide that information.

watch out what you order going forward and stay very well under the limit

A 10179 Falcon recently sold on ebay Canada (Shipped only to Canada) BNIB for $1300.

I reported the auction to ebay the first day as it screamed "scam". Below reasons led me to believe so:

- Seller listed in description only remittance payment accepted - yet paypal was listed officially (remittance payment is only accepted on like Cars/Motors), this alone was reason to report.

- Seller's account was located in Canada, but item shipping from Hong Kong.

- Seller's account had 51 feedback, but that feedback was only as a buyer and over a year ago.

- Offered free shipping (this size of an item from overseas? yeah right).

- Only item listed.

- The description of the item was all in different sizes/fonts meaning they must have copy pasted from other places and not decided to match the format.

- Only 1 picture (wasn't able to find the same picture via google images, but with an item like this you usually get a couple more pictures).

The auction did get to end before ebay did anything (surprise surprise), i just hope the poor sucker who won doesn't actually pay... Obviously most buyers knew something was up for a BNIB 10179 to go for so little. 

Even IF the auction were legitimate, and the seller did actually ship a 10179 after receiving the bank transfer; shipping from overseas with no buyer protection on a $1300 item isn't worth it imo.

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 1

A 10179 Falcon recently sold on ebay Canada (Shipped only to Canada) BNIB for $1300.

I reported the auction to ebay the first day as it screamed "scam". Below reasons led me to believe so:

Seller re-listed the item either because the previous buyer didn't pay, or he just wanted to scam some more people.

This time it looks like my report worked as the listing was deleted. I also no longer see the sellers account. 

Victory!

• Like 5

Seller re-listed the item either because the previous buyer didn't pay, or he just wanted to scam some more people.

This time it looks like my report worked as the listing was deleted. I also no longer see the sellers account. 

Victory!

You should get a reward icon for that, maybe a LEGO police officer icon. There's certainly enough of those to choose from.
  • Like 4

I just received the following :

This year, 3 have sold between $70-$80. 2 sold in the $50 range. I've sold 2 of those, one at $75, one at $70. If you hat yours in the 69-75 range, you probably would have sold them instead of me. It seems counterintuitive, but when you undercut your Lego competition, going so low doesn't always move your boxes any faster. When you are so far below the pack, buyers sometimes shy away. If you're not already a member, check out brickpicker. All you need to know of Lego Want strategy can be found there. Cheers, Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 5

This year, 3 have sold between $70-$80. 2 sold in the $50 range. I've sold 2 of those, one at $75, one at $70. If you hat yours in the 69-75 range, you probably would have sold them instead of me. It seems counterintuitive, but when you undercut your Lego competition, going so low doesn't always move your boxes any faster. When you are so far below the pack, buyers sometimes shy away. If you're not already a member, check out brickpicker. All you need to know of Lego Want strategy can be found there. Cheers, Rob

Sorry about that... Rob

• Like 3

So? Did you go check out that brickpicker place? 

• Like 3

I've gotten 3 messages telling me rob is exciter. I know it's not, as exciter has never had typos like this, woudnt say cheers, and granted I do not know exciter but it dosnt seem his style or the style of any main posters here to send a message like this. Rob whoever you are, you were polite, I just thought it was funny and the community could get a laugh here.

• Like 1

I've gotten 3 messages telling me rob is exciter. I know it's not, as exciter has never had typos like this, woudnt say cheers, and granted I do not know exciter but it dosnt seem his style or the style of any main posters here to send a message like this. Rob whoever you are, you were polite, I just thought it was funny and the community could get a laugh here.

this might be his business card??

post-40002-0-71894500-1426816614_thumb.j

I do remember a poster awhile ago that always signed every post "cheers" can't for the life of me remember who it was though.

I do remember a poster awhile ago that always signed every post "cheers" can't for the life of me remember who it was though.

Do you mean the one that signed off with this? I don't want to post the name unless a moderator asks me to because I do not want to "finger" someone correctly or incorrectly but I searched my email archives of BP and other feeds and found a few with this.

Cheers!

-Rob

I think Rob (Nico) Suave would say "cheers".

We all know Exciter runs a big east coast syndicate running around secretly messaging people to get their prices up.  Go Exciter Go! LOL  Maybe Exciter is Nico?

I wish Exciter er um I mean Nico would put up some Sea Cow's at MSRP (lower his price from $443) for the 10% eBay promotion today.

Now what will we think if Nico really lowers the Sea Cow prices later tonight?

• Like 2

We all know Exciter runs a big east coast syndicate running around secretly messaging people to get their prices up.  Go Exciter Go! LOL  Maybe Exciter is Nico?

I wish Exciter er um I mean Nico would put up some Sea Cow's at MSRP (lower his price from $443) for the 10% eBay promotion today.

Now what will we think if Nico really lowers the Sea Cow prices later tonight?

I have a hair appointment this weekend.  Buy-In at $443 and help my hair and music career.

• Like 3