Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Either the buyer and his/her son are idiots (lost the pieces, or can't read instructions) or scammers (in which case, eBay will put a stop to their buying privileges if they keep it up with other sellers) or there is the possibility the set you sent them was tampered with before you bought it and resold it and some pieces were missing.

You can build whatever they send you and if it's just missing a part or two, replace those and at least recoup some of your money selling it used.

You can also fight the return, if you're absolutely 100% certain the set had not been tampered with, and state they did not return what you sent them - eBay will review that claim, and may side with you and refuse them the return.

I know it's rare, but after the experience of buying my very own tampered set that looked fine on the outside, I also know it happens.

I just think they would have claimed the minifigs were missing or it was another set in the box.  It was a Destiny's Bounty, so any missing pieces should be easily identifiable.  I did ask in one of my last messages if they could send me a list of the pieces that were missing and I'd see if I could replace them.  I'm just concerned about the slow correspondence and lack of attention to the case itself, especially since they never contacted me in the first place.

eBay will look at his track record. They're not going to ban a guy for calling one seller an idiot if he has an otherwise clean record. If he misuses the message system regularly, they might.

If you're using best offer on the item, it was silly to lower the price in your counter-offer by such a tiny amount, regardless of the buyer's low original offer. Either decline the offer or provide a decent counter-offer.

If you're not using best offer on the item, he's not even supposed to contact you with offers, and in the future you can simply ignore the offer or respond with a polite, canned response (I use, "Thank you for the offer, but this is our best price at this time.")

Also, if you were not going to accept such low offer, assuming you were accepting offers, you should have set up auto-decline (though I have no idea why ebay decided to put configuration of autodecline and autoaccept under advanced listing editor, YET they have it in mobile editor, just pisses me off!)

I just think they would have claimed the minifigs were missing or it was another set in the box. It was a Destiny's Bounty, so any missing pieces should be easily identifiable. I did ask in one of my last messages if they could send me a list of the pieces that were missing and I'd see if I could replace them. I'm just concerned about the slow correspondence and lack of attention to the case itself, especially since they never contacted me in the first place.

Be mindful, if they open a case against you and eBay closes it due to lack of response from the buyer it will still count against you and most likely count as a defect with the new system.

Wow, 2 in one week.  Considering this is for a lot of Heartlake Vet, Stables, & Treehouse?????

"Hi there, is there any possible way you might consider my offer of $50 for these sets? I know it's not much but I've been in and out of the hospital due to my chronic illness but I've been trying soooo desperately to find these in the box for my sweet little girl for her birthday . These are her all time favorite and she would be just ecstatic if I could get a hold of her for my little sweetie. I can't express what a kindness you'd be doing for us. Thank you for your consideration."

Wow, 2 in one week.  Considering this is for a lot of Heartlake Vet, Stables, & Treehouse?????

"Hi there, is there any possible way you might consider my offer of $50 for these sets? I know it's not much but I've been in and out of the hospital due to my chronic illness but I've been trying soooo desperately to find these in the box for my sweet little girl for her birthday . These are her all time favorite and she would be just ecstatic if I could get a hold of her for my little sweetie. I can't express what a kindness you'd be doing for us. Thank you for your consideration."

Gotta live the card players. You wouldn't ruin the birthday of a child whose parent is on her deathbed, would you you mean old LEGO dealer?!?!

Also, just a heads up, the lady at the gas station panhandling "just to get a few gallons of gas" so she can get home will be there next week too.

• Like 2

Ask her to fax you her discharge papers and give you a doctors note.  On a side note, its probably another Brickpicker trying to score a deal.

I think im going to Cry!

Check out all those key words (consider, chronic illness, desperately, sweet little girl, ecstatic, little sweetie, kindness, & consideration)

• Like 1

Wow, 2 in one week. Considering this is for a lot of Heartlake Vet, Stables, & Treehouse?????

accept it. Get their address. Then mail them some shenanigans.
  • Like 1

Not eBay but Bricklink.

I just sold my 10132 Motorized Hogwarts set AGAIN to yet another non-payer. 2nd time in 3 weeks.

This specific set in my possession must be jinxed.

Ugh.

For all the non-payers out there, here's a cap for you...

post-3743-13998318459098_thumb.jpg

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 2

I had a guy buy a minifig and a 5888, didn't pay do I opened a case. He emailed me and said he didn't see the gsp charges on check out and it was too expensive so he wasn't going to buy them anymore. Yay

Immediate Payment Required (unless these were auctions) solves the problem.  :thumbsup:

I make multiple purchases per day, which means I'd have to leave feedback on multiple items per day on different sites.  I sell full-time and already spend over 40 hours per week doing so.  I'm not going to waste even one second of my precious time on a daily monotonous task like that. 

I'll leave leaving feedback to the average buyer who makes only one or two purchases per week.

S set up auto feedback. As soon as feedback is received, the system leaves feedback for you

I don't believe a store is required - it should be a checkbox right on the sell your item page, a few fields down from where you set the price.

It will let me do it, I'm familiar with the feature but I could have sworn when I tried it, it required a store. Oh well I.guess I was wrong, time to update my listings!!!

• Like 2

Not eBay but Bricklink.

I just sold my 10132 Motorized Hogwarts set AGAIN to yet another non-payer. 2nd time in 3 weeks.

This specific set in my possession must be jinxed.

Ugh.

For all the non-payers out there, here's a cap for you...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker1399831846.776183.jpg

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

What's the issue.... As a buyer I want you to send me the item first. If it's as described and I when I get a chance I will pay you. You need to be more patient.
  • Like 2

What's the issue.... As a buyer I want you to send me the item first. If it's as described and I when I get a chance I will pay you. You need to be more patient.

I have had a couple buyers tell me that. One even swore that eBays policy was for the seller to send and the buyer pays once the product arrives.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the thread where I saw this before or not but here is message my daughter received from an EBay buyer (scammer) concerning a Friends Heartlake Stables set she had listed. I know it sounds almost word for word like one I saw posted somewhere before so thought I would pass it along. I wonder how many times this ploy actually works?

Hi there, is there any possible way you might consider my offer of $30 for this set? I know it's not much but I've been in and out of the hospital due to my chronic illness but I've been trying soooo desperately to find one of these in the box for my sweet little girl for her birthday . This is her all time favorite and she would be just ecstatic if I could get a hold of it for my little sweetie. I can't express what a kindness you'd be doing for us. Thank you for your consideration.

- gamer4life777

Not sure if this is the thread where I saw this before or not but here is message my daughter received from an EBay buyer (scammer) concerning a Friends Heartlake Stables set she had listed. I know it sounds almost word for word like one I saw posted somewhere before so thought I would pass it along. I wonder how many times this ploy actually works?

Hi there, is there any possible way you might consider my offer of $30 for this set? I know it's not much but I've been in and out of the hospital due to my chronic illness but I've been trying soooo desperately to find one of these in the box for my sweet little girl for her birthday . This is her all time favorite and she would be just ecstatic if I could get a hold of it for my little sweetie. I can't express what a kindness you'd be doing for us. Thank you for your consideration.

- gamer4life777

Hilarious! I take it that's the username on the bottom? (gamer4life777)