Target Canada LOTR Clearance

Hansolo55

So I was at my local Canadian target at lunch today (Greater Vancouver area) and they have started clearance on the current LOTR sets.  My location had Mines of Moria for $69.99, Shelob Attacks for $17,99 and Weather Top for $52.99.  Not bad pricing especially on the Weather Top.  Add an extra 5% discount with Redcard and there's a few deals to be had.   I don't know if this clearance is chain wide or not tho, it's the only location near me.  Orc Forge was also on clearance for $34.99, but there were none left because I bought the last 23 they had yesterday!  lol

• Like 1

Guest idunno101

I haven't seen any at my GTA Target,looks like some good deals. And lol clearing out all the shelves, good thing we don't go to the same Target.  :wink:

I haven't seen any at my GTA Target,looks like some good deals. And lol clearing out all the shelves, good thing we don't go to the same Target.  :wink:

LOL yes indeed its a good thing.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it!  At that price for the orc Forge ($33.25 after Redcard savings) I had to, plus all were mint and no clearance stickers applied.  Checking out was pretty funny, people didn't know what to think.  But I believe these to be a no brainer investment. :)  Went back today to see if they had more, but they didn't.  But noticed since yesterday all the other sets were marked to clearance which weren't yesterday, so who knows if this is just my location or coming soon to all locations?

They had about 5 Mines, 6-8 Weather Tops and about 5 or 6 Shelob Attacks...

HUGE THANKS HANSOLO55!!! I've been waiting for this set to go on clearance and I usually stop in a Target each Friday which may have been to late for The Orc Forge. In the end after the RedCard and GST it worked out to $34.90 per set which I am ecstatic about! I'm amazed your location had 23 sets  :shocked:, that must have been priceless a cart just loaded full of Orc Forges. Little do onlookers know how much you're going to be making off these lol.

I grabbed all 8 Orc Forges from the St. Albert, AB location but they still had quite a few Shelob, Mines, and Weathertop sets. I'm guessing the Edmonton locations have the sale going on as well but you'll have to check personally, as over the phone the CSR's weren't that helpful.

HUGE THANKS HANSOLO55!!! I've been waiting for this set to go on clearance and I usually stop in a Target each Friday which may have been to late for The Orc Forge. In the end after the RedCard and GST it worked out to $34.90 per set which I am ecstatic about! I'm amazed your location had 23 sets  :shocked:, that must have been priceless a cart just loaded full of Orc Forges. Little do onlookers know how much you're going to be making off these lol.

I grabbed all 8 Orc Forges from the St. Albert, AB location but they still had quite a few Shelob, Mines, and Weathertop sets. I'm guessing the Edmonton locations have the sale going on as well but you'll have to check personally, as over the phone the CSR's weren't that helpful.

No problem at all I'm glad I was able to help!  In fact I just got home from Target #2 (30 minutes away) and was able to get 7 more at the clearance price (it's all they had left and none in the back either)  Also, about 2 weeks ago a bought 8 of these at full retail thinking I might eventually miss the boat so I sucked it up and dropped the cash.  I brought in my receipt and they credited me the difference of the clearance price!  So all in all I count 38 of these at clearance price LOL  Thank God I had some capital available.  Been a great couple days.

May I ask which two Targets you visited? Don't want to make the trip to find nothing LOL

Guest AnnexBrett

I haven't seen any at my GTA Target,looks like some good deals. And lol clearing out all the shelves, good thing we don't go to the same Target. :wink:

3 GTA Target visited= 20 Orc forge, 5 wearhertop, 2 mines picked up. All on sale and mint!

I should also mention that one of the target's I visited had no clearance stickers or prices marked anywhere for any of the LOTR sets, and even the employees had no idea when I asked them.  So when I got them to scan an Orc Forge set they were shocked to find it was on clearance!  So just a thought to double check and have a set scanned if no clearance prices are marked.  My experience so far is the staff are quite willing to help you out (at my locations anyways)  :)  happy hunting!

Guest AnnexBrett

Which stores are you visiting in GTA? I've never seen any clearance at the ones in Newmarket or Toronto

It's a secret...LOL! Square One, Cloverdale, Steels & Yonge! As it was mentioned above, no sign of clearance, I checked the prices and voil

I would think by then they'd all be gone.  If they end up in MY area i guarantee they'll be gone! lol

I found a local toy store selling Orc Forge even though it's suppose to be a Target exclusive...guess they bought it another way.  Anyways, it was full retail price and maybe 8-10 in stock...I didn't buy any.  I have enough already (for my budget haha) and will see how this set does in the next 4-8wks.  If it really takes off I might have to visit that store again and see if they sold out :)    

I find just asking Target staff/manager for a discount works...did it 2x's.  Have to be reasonable with your request like say 20% off.  Another time they gave me additional 10% off because it took so long to pay/ring up haha.  Nothing to lose by asking. 

I found a local toy store selling Orc Forge even though it's suppose to be a Target exclusive...guess they bought it another way.  Anyways, it was full retail price and maybe 8-10 in stock...I didn't buy any.  I have enough already (for my budget haha) and will see how this set does in the next 4-8wks.  If it really takes off I might have to visit that store again and see if they sold out :)    

I find just asking Target staff/manager for a discount works...did it 2x's.  Have to be reasonable with your request like say 20% off.  Another time they gave me additional 10% off because it took so long to pay/ring up haha.  Nothing to lose by asking. 

I wonder how this toy store got their hands on Orc Forges?  That seems really strange, I wonder if they bought them from target on clearance and hope to make a buck?  It doesn't seem impossible if they know their Lego..

Guest AnnexBrett

I wonder how this toy store got their hands on Orc Forges? That seems really strange, I wonder if they bought them from target on clearance and hope to make a buck? It doesn't seem impossible if they know their Lego..

I seen this before too. Yes they buy it full retail from lego or target (USA)... They carry it mainly for the selection and for the fact that lil Johnny and Jane'a parents will buy something else too or they come back ( whether sayin "no we don't have that" upon the customer asking). Independent stores do this a lot with exclusive items.

I seen this before too. Yes they buy it full retail from lego or target (USA)... They carry it mainly for the selection and for the fact that lil Johnny and Jane'a parents will buy something else too or they come back ( whether sayin "no we don't have that" upon the customer asking). Independent stores do this a lot with exclusive items.

In Toronto I've seen this done frequently by Toys Toys Toys having lego sets that are exclusive to Toys R Us and Target. Their entire business model seems to be to buy Toys R Us stock and then mark it up.