9476 Orc Forges available again on Target.com

jaisonline

May 10, 2013. Spend $100 and get 20% off.

That was a wonderful day. I finished off my personal LOTR collection, bought a few Forges, Uruk-Hai's, and a Helm's Deep. Wish I could've got more. If I remember right, the HD's ran out really fast.  

The Orc forge will do really well but,  I am curious to see which set will do better.....orc forge or weathertop? Attack on weathertop sold out without warning at LEGO Shop at Home, was not bought back for sale Walmart, Target, etc (as far as I know) and was already clearanced out at many stores. I think many investers were caught off guard with the Aowt sellout. Orc forge had the retiring soon tag, and target.com bought a warehouse full of them back in stock.

• Like 1

It seems as though there are plenty online through Target.com yet.  I wonder if they are putting the scare into people to sell off their inventory at msrp.

Maybe they cut a deal with LEGO and bought up what was left in their warehouse, let it sell out in stores to avoid the July discounts and are selling to panic buyers like us for pull price :sweat:

The Orc forge will do really well but,  I am curious to see which set will do better.....orc forge or weathertop? Attack on weathertop sold out without warning at S@H, was not bought back for sale Walmart, Target, etc (as far as I know) and was already clearanced out at many stores. I think many investers were caught off guard with the Aowt sellout. Orc forge had the retiring soon tag, and target.com bought a warehouse full of them back in stock.

Weatherto seems to be a lot less popular and was also produced in way more quantities than the Orc Forge probably was. The Ringwraiths are a nice draw, but ultimately I think the Orc Forge will outperform it.

• Like 1

Weatherto seems to be a lot less popular and was also produced in way more quantities than the Orc Forge probably was. The Ringwraiths are a nice draw, but ultimately I think the Orc Forge will outperform it.

I'd agree. I think Weathertop was on a lot of people's radar. More casual Lego fans may not have even knew orc Forge existed.

The Orc forge will do really well but,  I am curious to see which set will do better.....orc forge or weathertop? Attack on weathertop sold out without warning at S@H, was not bought back for sale Walmart, Target, etc (as far as I know) and was already clearanced out at many stores. I think many investers were caught off guard with the Aowt sellout. Orc forge had the retiring soon tag, and target.com bought a warehouse full of them back in stock.

great topic!  PLUS ONE.  something tells me Weathertop "might" be worth more than Orc Forge  Weathertop is the more expensive set, better looking set (in my opinion) flew under the radar compared to other LOTR sets since it's MSRP was too high. 

it seems, the orc forge has two things going for it. target exclusive in the US and people will buy it for the Orthanc Tower. 

I agree weather top will be worth more long term. Investers were caught off guard with the all of a sudden sellout. Many knew the orc forge was retiring, therefore had a chance to stock up. The mini figs in weather top alone already sell for more than the orcs in the forge. Also I don't think AOWT was overproduced do to slow sales, and 1st LOTR set to officially retire. I wouldn't be surprised if AOWT production numbers are slightly lower than the forge. If one can pick weather top up for $40-50, buy every set you can. I was lucky enough to buy 5 of them for $42 after tax each. 

I am returning mine to target if this is back in production. I have 20 sets....only wanted them to flip this year if this was sold out before November. Looks like my plan isn't working this time. I'll return now..and wait for a sale. They are back on the shelves at Warwick target....both of them. In qty. Not clearanced. Perhaps lego realized people would want these with the tower. Jus paid off my 2k target lego bill too...wonder if I return 800 worth if I can get the cash back from the card as I'll have a large credit balance. I don't want to hold smalls for another year...these were bought as a speculative November flip only.

Brickpicker effect?? Set went from selling okay to selling out in less than an hour when in stock...maybe they decided to keep it around b/c of that? lol, that would be ironic and sooooo funny if that was really the reason.

I still think next year around this time these sets will be selling around 80.  Can't complain about that if it happens.  I'm not panicking, although it really is interesting.

Lord of the Rings Orc Forge, set 9476, is now back in stock at Target.com. Also noticed that LEGO Shop at Home is now showing this set as "temporarily out of stock", this was showing as sold out last week. I can see Target finding some stock in their distribution centers or a large order being in the supply chain and showing up, but LEGO Shop at Home makes me wonder if Lego decided to crank out a few more of these as someone may have realized that this set goes really well with Tower of Orthanc.

I will not be buying anymore if these. It's done. Let Orc Forge die...

This is part of life but darn it. So Ditto with you. I'm done, heck, I even have opened Target.com shipped box of them. No desire to even inspect them.

Since I started collecting, not one set changed from "retiring soon" + "Sold out". Now it seems lego.com will join target.com in availability.

If it sounds like I'm throwing a tantrum or hissy fit, well.. Gosh darn it, I am.