10235 - Winter Village Market

TheDarkness

I must say after the Minifigures Series 8 Santa, all the 'regular' Lego Santas with their bandana and old style wizard beard don't quite cut the mustard anymore honestly.

Well that isn't the "real" santa. That's just a helper santa. (I had to explain this to my son when we saw what could best be described as a poor attempt at a mall santa).

Not sure whether you all have noticed or not..

price for Winter Village Market is higher in North America than Europe, seems like Lego is trying to shrink the price difference to stop US resellers selling to Asia..just a thought..

Winter Village Cottage

Pieces: 1490

99.99 USD, 99.99 EUR, 89.99 GBP

Winter Village Market

Pieces: 1261

99.99 USD, 89.99 EUR,79.99 GBP

You can see from the comparison with WInter Village Cottage, WVM has less piece count but price remains the same for US, however, price for other regions is lower.

I'm not completely following when you say "price is higher in North America than Europe". Based on today's exchange rate, the US$ equivalent for 90 euro is 120 USD and the US$ equivalent for 80 GBP is 127 USD. Both are greater than 100 USD still. Please clarify.

Did anyone order a Winter Village Market today?  I went to order one, and the set has disappeared.  I couldn't even search for it.  The only way I can access the page is by clicking on the promotions tab from within my VIP account to this address:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Winter-Village-Market-10235?p=10235

There isn't an option to purchase.  I hope it comes back.

Is anybody else having problems in general when ordering from LEGO Shop at Home?  I placed an order three days ago, and it shows that my VIP points have been redeemed (how convenient,) but no further progress on my order.  The time before that, I placed a small order, and three days later, I get an email saying that I need to call to authorize the charges.  They made me verify EVERYTHING, date of birth, blood type, etc.  It was very annoying that they didn't even tell me the order wasn't going through until almost four days after I placed it.  Boo Lego! 

Is anybody else having problems in general when ordering from LEGO Shop at Home?  I placed an order three days ago, and it shows that my VIP points have been redeemed (how convenient,) but no further progress on my order.  The time before that, I placed a small order, and three days later, I get an email saying that I need to call to authorize the charges.  They made me verify EVERYTHING, date of birth, blood type, etc.  It was very annoying that they didn't even tell me the order wasn't going through until almost four days after I placed it.  Boo Lego! 

They seem to be intermittently slow and sluggish - My first two September orders took 3 or 4 days each to confirm and ship, my third one went right through within 12 hours.

Does anyone think there's a chance this will get completely sold out before October?  The VIP email says "while supplies last."  This is a great looking set, though I'd like to wait to purchase until double points in October.  I don't want to miss it, though. 

Thoughts?

I can't imagine it will be out by october, but it could be by christmas. I am thinking about stashing one just in case it rises really high in price.

Usually the VIP early releases are already on the shelf. Congrats on your first store visit! Try not to get dizzy looking at all that Lego. And don't forget your Camper promo, Lego Club magazine, and anything else they'll throw in the bag. Since you're a store virgin, they might try to impress you with extra goodies :)

Usually the VIP early releases are already on the shelf. Congrats on your first store visit! Try not to get dizzy looking at all that Lego. And don't forget your Camper promo, Lego Club magazine, and anything else they'll throw in the bag. Since you're a store virgin, they might try to impress you with extra goodies :)

Great, thanks for the info!  I'm looking forward to the first visit!  I just keep reminding myself that October is double VIP points month, so I shouldn't go too hog-wild today! LOL

Got my WV Market and put it together in a few hours. Had several pieces missing, though, which I thought was odd. I don't remember having missing pieces in other sets. Granted, the set has a ton of small pieces and the ones that were missing were all small, but, still. I'm going to call Lego and see if they'll ship me those 6 or 7 pieces. I had a bunch of extra pieces left over (like the beard for the one guy and the plumes on the carousel horses)....maybe I should offer to send them back in exchange for those I need! LOL

My first visit to a Lego store wasn't quite the way I had planned, but that was due to extenuating circumstances and was no reflection on the actual store itself. Unfortunately, I only had about 10 minutes in the store, but I hope to get back there again (or to another one) at some point. I did notice that they had the WV Cottage for sale, in addition to the Market. SO tempted to get one, but I keep reminding myself of double points next month. And if LEGO Shop at Home doesn't have it in Oct., I'm getting it from Target. Just have to see if I can find the other two sets at semi-reasonable prices.

Didn't see a pick-a-brick wall in the store. The only "loose" items I saw were for building your own minifigures.