10235 - Winter Village Market

TheDarkness

Guest eightbrick

Beautiful, thanks for sharing. Although some are going to be angry that the roofs have almost no snow now, creating more inconsistency among the line (I don't really mind, as different snow amounts on roofs happens in real life too due to heating/insulation efficiency). Unfortunately, I don't find it nearly as attractive as the previous winter village sets as it breaks from the cozy buildings we are used to getting. That said, this is still a really cool (no pun intended) set and I will have a hard time deciding whether I should buy it or not come December.

I've been waiting to see what this would look like as well as the price and number of pieces.  Looks like a winner to me!  I will definitely be getting this as soon as it is available so I can build it at Christmas along with the other Winter Village sets.  Then later I'll get a few for investment purposes.

Looks cool. Maybe I should get one.

agreed...I have to get one. ))))

Although some are going to be angry that the roofs have almost no snow now, creating more inconsistency among the line (I don't really mind, as different snow amounts on roofs happens in real life too due to heating/insulation efficiency). 

Global warming... :twitch:

My first impression is I want to take the vendors, change them a bit along with the minifigs and use them as a market place/street for medieval theme MOC...since I missed out on the Medieval Market Village :)  $129 for CAN is a bit steep but I'm not surprised.  

I would have preferred a building also, we got a lot of extra outdoor stuff in all the previous sets. Idk, I like it, just talking about The Grand Carousel earlier, I like the smaller version in this set, its really cool. I will be getting one for myself because I have all the rest, can't stop now. I will be getting some to invest, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. :money:

Beautiful, thanks for sharing. Although some are going to be angry that the roofs have almost no snow now, creating more inconsistency among the line (I don't really mind, as different snow amounts on roofs happens in real life too due to heating/insulation efficiency). Unfortunately, I don't find it nearly as attractive as the previous winter village sets as it breaks from the cozy buildings we are used to getting. That said, this is still a really cool (no pun intended) set and I will have a hard time deciding whether I should buy it or not come December.

Yes, what's up with the less than generous snow? Only the previous winter village post office set had this scenario with less snow. Could be nicer with more snow all around.

While this set does look great now that its been revealed, I must admit I am kinda disappointed on the scale of the buildings as I was expecting a more complex layout. I dunno, but I've always thought markets were bigger than just stalls and had some kind of disorder/mess that creates the fun atmosphere.

That said, I'll still be getting this to complete the winter series collection.

The set looks good.  It should be a good addition to Bakery, Toy Shop, and Post Office.  I also can see how the lack of snow on the roofs will look awkward compared to the other winter village sets.  Perhaps, since those are such small stands, the stand owners clean up the snow more frequently ? 

One negative though, I failed to see how building 4 small stands plus a small carousel equals "EXPERT" status per the lower right of the box.

Awesome Sauce. I like all the little stands, I'll be able to spread them out between the buildings from the previous sets, and the whole scene will look busier. I still need a toy shop though...

p.s. Darkness, think it's funny I just asked you yesterday about a pic of this? lol

Awesome Sauce. I like all the little stands, I'll be able to spread them out between the buildings from the previous sets, and the whole scene will look busier. I still need a toy shop though...

p.s. Darkness, think it's funny I just asked you yesterday about a pic of this? lol

I did have a laugh that it came out the day after you asked :D

I think the stalls are a little small but spacing them all out amongst everything would be an awesome setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVnqxgxiwQw

( I am not sure how to embed it, but I imagine OrcKing will fix :) )

Yep. Tweaked it for you! :wink:

My only negative (which isn't really one as such) is they call this a market when in fact it looks more like a carnival.

Eh, apples & oranges.... I love it all the same.

One negative though, I failed to see how building 4 small stands plus a small carousel equals "EXPERT" status per the lower right of the box.

I am thinking the newly created "Expert" subtheme is meant to be for more specific builds unlike the 'regular' random Creator sets and at the same time for Lego's miscellaneous ones that never truly had an actual 'theme' before like the first modular houses.